SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 850
Default Busted in Milton!

Friday 5-8-15, a man with a backpack was riding a bike through the neighborhood around 10:00 a.m. One of our observant neighbors saw him and noticed that the biker looked suspicious. The neighbor decided to turn his truck around and see if the guy was up to something. The neighbor saw the man's bike in his own personal driveway. He pulled in to find the biker rummaging through his storage shed. When the neighbor approached the shed, the biker was startled and went through the back door of the shed into the neighbor's back yard and scaled the fence but left his back pack and bike on the neighbor's property. The neighbor began to chase the biker down the street. Both were on foot at this time. Another neighbor was outside and the message was relayed to call the police. The foot chase went on for a good while and the biker was even confronted from a safe distance at one time during the chase. The biker, out of breath at this time, asked why our neighbor was chasing him. The biker said he was just taking a short cut and there was no need for our neighbor to be chasing him. He took off again and our neighbor lost sight of him but several police showed up and were surrounding the area where the man was last seen. The man later came out of a wooded area by the cane fields near Picard Park and asked the police what was going on and that he had been sleeping in the woods and the sirens woke him. The police took him into custody and brought him to the neighbor for positive ID. In the backpack was a crowbar, Entergy Meter, 3 cell phones, and a propane torch. This guy lives near E.Broussard and Hwy 92.. The guy that was arrested is in a family that has had many run ins with the Law. We are not sure if any of the previous crimes in the neighborhood are connected with these people at this time. We have more street lights on the way for both entrances of the neighborhood and are finalizing plans for cameras in the neighborhood. Please keep your vehicles locked and items of value out of sight. If you see suspicious people riding around take you phone out and video or take pics. Try to get a license plate number. Keep them in your phone and if any crimes occur these pics can be given to a detective for review. Get to know your neighbors and keep an eye out for each other. We will post the bikers name and address when we are certain of correct ID.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Thanks for the heads up....I agree all neighbors should look out for each other....
Old 05-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Awesome!! Glad they caught the guy and good for your neighbor confronting this POS. Please do post his name and picture once he is charged.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 836

That's a neighborhood at its best right there! Glad they got him and great job. I would've gone down after a hundred yards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2015, 07:26 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovestohunt View Post
That's a neighborhood at its best right there! Glad they got him and great job. I would've gone down after a hundred yards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He tried to run from the wrong guy! My buddy just ran in a 5k not long ago and he is 54! 28 year old was run down by a 54 year old man I love the part where the guy stopped at one point and asked my buddy why as he was chasing him. Dude said he was only taking a shortcut! I guess he meant that he was taking a short cut through my buddy's shed. This guy was bold to do this at 10:00 in the morning.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

This is awesome, glad they caught that fool!
Old 05-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Spots View Post
He tried to run from the wrong guy! My buddy just ran in a 5k not long ago and he is 54! 28 year old was run down by a 54 year old man I love the part where the guy stopped at one point and asked my buddy why as he was chasing him. Dude said he was only taking a shortcut! I guess he meant that he was taking a short cut through my buddy's shed. This guy was bold to do this at 10:00 in the morning.

Any pics or name of this guy....so we all can keep an eye out for him..
Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Redfish

Default Arrested

This is the guy that was arrested. His name is Koby Albanese. You can go to this link for the lafayette parish sheriff and get more info. http://jades.lafayettesheriff.com:88...hp?nav=psearch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koby Albanese.jpg (29.4 KB, 213 views)
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Glad he was caught! My parents live on E. Edith and they have had theft issues for the last few years around the house. It is sad how Milton has gone from a never have to lock your door community to now you have to lock down and keep a close eye out!
Old 05-14-2015, 11:27 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Glad he was caught! My parents live on E. Edith and they have had theft issues for the last few years around the house. It is sad how Milton has gone from a never have to lock your door community to now you have to lock down and keep a close eye out!
Yep, I grew up in Milton and my parents still live there.

Meth has taken over and the cops either don't care or can't outsmart the crack heads. It's ashame.