SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.

hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.

the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?

people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.

no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created
Hahaha

Yes, our primary job needs to be deleting stupid posts from stupid posters and our secondary job needs to be to bring home a pay check so we can afford our first job.

1 mod is retired and has a family.
2 mods have straight day jobs and families.
Casey basically works 24 hours a day and is very active in his family's life.
I work a 12 hour shift and have a family also.

Why can't everybody just report the posts they find offensive. We'll take a look at it and if we feel action is required, we'll take it. It really is that easy. We get 1 or 2 posts reported per month.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechip View Post
please s t f u !!!!

Sincerely,

the moderators....

thank you!!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Please S T F U !!!!

Sincerely,

The Moderators....
Bet you don't ban the cry baby.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

I think the trolls on this site, for the most part, ARE the intelligent ones, and they're answering posts that are anything but intelligent...just my two cents.

ASR completely blows my argument out of the water, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 05:33 AM
Redfish

Cash: 712

grown *** men gettin their panties in a twist because somebody "trolled there thread"
Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

Da interwebz iz seareeus bidnez
Old 10-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

I don't post as much as I should, but don't fish as much either.

Quality posts have gone down but still the best fishing sight in La. Thanks for keeping the site running.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

Quote:
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.

hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse THAN at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.

the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?

people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.

no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created

fixed it for you
Old 10-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Hahaha

Yes, our primary job needs to be deleting stupid posts from stupid posters and our secondary job needs to be to bring home a pay check so we can afford our first job.

Why can't everybody just report the posts they find offensive. We'll take a look at it and if we feel action is required, we'll take it. It really is that easy. We get 1 or 2 posts reported per month.

very true, if a post isn't reported, then they cant expect mods to read and follow every thread and read every post there.

if they don't report it, they cant complain about it, but at the same time, if a mod is posting in the thread on the same page or within a few posts of someone troll posting, then its hard to believe they don't see it. it doesn't or shouldn't require a reported post before a mod feels he is permitted to simply post a reply asking to stay on topic please.

im sure many might think "well just add more mods", but as we know its not easy to find the right kind of person who has the temperament AND maturity to be a good mod. perhaps another mod that has more free time to spend on the site might help, but as you stated, the posts need to be reported so the mods are made aware someone has a complaint.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Hahaha

We don't read every damn post. If there is an issue, report the thread/post as Paul said and we'll look at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Please S T F U !!!!

Sincerely,

The Moderators....
Might go down as one of the best all time post
Old 10-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Actually this site was started because there were a small group of people that got banned from las for speaking the truth. It was a whole site of trolls and people jacking with each other for the first year. It actually got toned down a lot after Casey bought it and is still nowhere near the amount of people messing with each other.

yes I was at LAS and watched all that go down, it was pretty sad the way people were treated.

I think many of the trolls from LAS came over here in the beginning just to cause a lot of trouble.

its a shame that some here think its fun to use this site as a form of entertainment to troll others for fun and run off new members.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:

its a shame that some here think its fun to use this site as a form of entertainment to troll others for fun and run off new members.

BINGO !
Old 10-07-2016, 11:33 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:

Internet = Entertainment
Old 10-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Internet = Entertainment

It can be entertainment in some cases ... doesn't mean it has to be disrespectful as it is in most cases here.

In my opinion a lot of that stuff should be saved for the gillnet where you know what your getting into if that's what form of entertainment you like and not open forum. To me it just brings negativity to the site.

Last edited by jpd0144; 10-07-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Forums need to have some spice for people to come here. As has been stated on here at least 10 times this week. If you feel a post was not appropriate report it. There is a icon above every post that says report post. I can tell you the people that can actually do something about it are not reading every post on this site. You guys assume we let stuff go when actually we probably didn't even know about it. If it offends you report the post. If we think you need thicker skin we will ignore you then you can get upset. Looking at the reported posts have you EVER reported one? My records say no you have not but I could be wrong. REPORT THE POSTS THAT HURT YOUR FEELINGS.That is all.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Report The post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Site Owner/Admin

"Report the post"
Old 10-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Site Owner/Admin

%report%the%post