SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856
Default HMMMM

For me it's Billueads in Broussard, can't beat it!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Try out Peto's in Roanoke....... it's rite off the interstate
Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 685

Try Earl's in laffy then I would go get me some smoked Boudin from the Best Stop. Chops is pretty good also
Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Early's in Scott has some tasty boudin!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM
Flounder

Cash: 1,633

im trying to drink my coffee & yall are making me hungry
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Go to the Best Stop in Scott and ask for their smoked boudin! Best by far in my opinion!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150
Bounce Billys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
Rays in Opelousas. 20 min north of Lafayette. Ask for the billys boudin.
Billys IMO best hands down! But if you cant make it to Opelousas Don's and Best Stop are hard to beat!

Best Avatar in the history of avatars goes to Armand16, sorry had to say it, cant stop staring
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 705

NuNu's is awesome!! They have one in Youngsville that is right outside of Lafayette and they have a variety of things!! There boudin is good, but they have the biggest selection of seasoned and stuffed meats!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I got em all programmed into my GPS.......it's going to be SWAMP SNORKLER VS. BOUDIN..... watch out Lafayette!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Redfish

Cash: 714

For me it's Best Stop for boudin and Don's for cracklins..So, I'm a 2 stopper when passing through...lol

Jimmy
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,534

I've eaten Don's boudin a couple times, but I wasn't overly impressed. I have a place in Houston where I get better. I've heard BestStop is better than Don's but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I definitely will next time I'm out there. I eat boudin everywhere I go that has it.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Redfish

Cash: 850
Default Nunus

dont judge till you have tried Nunu's...
Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
Rays in Opelousas. 20 min north of Lafayette. Ask for the billys boudin.
X2 I have tried them all. (Best Stop, Billeaud's, Don's, NuNu's, Hebert's, etc.) Ray's boudin is by far the best around. No one comes close. Also Billy's in Krotz Springs. (same people) I was on my way to a customer's the other day coming through Broussard so I decided to stop and get a few pounds of boudin for him from Billeaud's. First time I ever got some from there. They enjoyed it, but I tried a piece and it was terrible.

Around Lafayette though, I would have to say Don's or Best Stop.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Red Snapper

Floyd's in Opelousas aslo has really good boudin. Floyd himself is a bit of an A** Hole, but great boudin. I hear a lot of you agree with me on the Best Stop in Scott. Im tellin ya, you gotta try their smoked boudin. Thats all I get now. Its great!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Floyd's in Opelousas aslo has really good boudin. Floyd himself is a bit of an A** Hole, but great boudin. I hear a lot of you agree with me on the Best Stop in Scott. Im tellin ya, you gotta try their smoked boudin. Thats all I get now. Its great!
Yeh Im from Opelousas. Floyd is a character. I have had the smoked boudin from Best Stop quite a few times and it's delicious. Brought a bunch with us to Wyoming on an antelope hunt this past year and the guys up there were freaking out about how good(and spicy) it was. Of course they had never tried boudin before. Also, when I go to Mexico duck hunting, we come back with like 400 ducks. We de-bone all the breast meat and bring it to Best Stop and they make us chicken & duck fresh and smoked sausage (I prefer smoked). It is probably the best sausage you have ever eaten in your life. Think Im gonna break some out the freezer right now.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Red Snapper

Man, its not close enough to lunch to be talking like that. Making me hungry!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Yeh Im from Opelousas. Floyd is a character. I have had the smoked boudin from Best Stop quite a few times and it's delicious. Brought a bunch with us to Wyoming on an antelope hunt this past year and the guys up there were freaking out about how good(and spicy) it was. Of course they had never tried boudin before. Also, when I go to Mexico duck hunting, we come back with like 400 ducks. We de-bone all the breast meat and bring it to Best Stop and they make us chicken & duck fresh and smoked sausage (I prefer smoked). It is probably the best sausage you have ever eaten in your life. Think Im gonna break some out the freezer right now.

never heard of that.. how many ducks do you have to bring them to make enough sausage? they mix it with ckicken only?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Flounder

Cash: 704

A great reference web site for boudin anywhere in Acadiana in www.boudinlink.com. It is a great site with fair and balance reviews of boudin at different stores and locations. In Lafayette, I would encourage anyone to check out Guidroz Food Center in Lafayette. Thier boudin is great. If in the Abbeville area, I would encourage you to check out Heberts Slaughterhouse. Not only is thier white boudin awesome, they also sell red boudin. I haven't tried the red boudin yet, but I hear it is better then the white. In New Iberia, everyone swears by Legnon's Boucherie. I wouldn't know, the one time I went on a Saturday, the line was out of the door with people trying to get in. I guess that is a testimony to thier boudin. Good luck and good eating.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creole Fisherman View Post
A great reference web site for boudin anywhere in Acadiana in www.boudinlink.com. It is a great site with fair and balance reviews of boudin at different stores and locations. In Lafayette, I would encourage anyone to check out Guidroz Food Center in Lafayette. Thier boudin is great. If in the Abbeville area, I would encourage you to check out Heberts Slaughterhouse. Not only is thier white boudin awesome, they also sell red boudin. I haven't tried the red boudin yet, but I hear it is better then the white. In New Iberia, everyone swears by Legnon's Boucherie. I wouldn't know, the one time I went on a Saturday, the line was out of the door with people trying to get in. I guess that is a testimony to thier boudin. Good luck and good eating.
Legnon's has awesome EVERYTHING! Gotta get there early though or you will have to wait in line for a while.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

sausage link in Sulphur and smoked boudin from market basket...de best...I know its not in Laf...but I had to throw it out there!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .