SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 556
Hairout Tensas/Concordia lease SCAM!!!!

I found an excellent deer lease right in the heart of big deer country. This seemed like the place i needed to be. My wife likes to hunt and this would be a great place to take her with the opportunity to kill a Trophy buck. With my work schedule this year i would be very busy from August to Jan.

The concept of the lease is excellent. The lease plants all the food plots. They take care of all the stand and feeders. Its 6 point or better on two Properties and 8 point or better on the other. They also have a 120 acres duck and goose lease in Monterry. Under strict management practices and they hired a biologist to oversee everything. Man was this a deal for me. It wasn't cheap, but 2000 acres with only 14 members it would have to cost a little to have all of this.

Well as it turns out!!!!!!

My schedule freed up and i would be able to hunt. I started out in early November with a bow hunt. Sign was minimal and we didn't see anything, but it was still pretty hot. But i did meet a few members and drank some cold beer. I did notice NO feeders were working and 1 property wasn't even bush hogged.

Gun season isn't going much better. I keep meeting NEW members and the numbers aren't matching up. I have now Met 16 NEW this year members. Not to count the 8 or 10 that aren't new this year. Plus the guy that owns the land and all his grandkids. This is not to mention that we Supposedly Lost two properties before season opened up. Oh' and when asked about the duck lease, we lost that too.

I asked about how many members were on the lease and couldn't get an answer. Asked about how many acres because something is not adding up, no answer. Turns out we were hunting about 400 acres on the"TWO NOT FOUR" properties we had. I met 16 new members that got on after i did and there are 10 returning members.

The members put up new stands "NOT THE LEASE" to replace the old worn out ones and NO FEEDERS were working at all any day.

Little Tensas Hunt Club is a Joke. Please do not was your money on this as i have. I'm not sure if it was a scam or misresprentation of the property.

Bobby Osborn is the president of the lease. Turns out by talking to people in Clayton this is not the first year he has mis-respresented this lease. The club did plant food plots on one property, but did not put out any feeders. The land is not the acreage he said it was. And when you put 26 people hunting 400 acres you can expect to NOT SEE any deer as i did. Please do not become a victim. Turns out after posting on another site i was 1 of very many. Just search LITTLE TENSAS on other sites. Waiting on Bobby to build a profile and defend this post as he did the others...
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

That's a shame. A guy i work with got on a new deer lease this year in oberlin and come to find out the president has been hunting his stand and letting freinds that don't pay hunt his stand also. The guy i work with is not a little fella and he told the president of the lease that if he heard he was hunting his stand he was gonna stomp a mudhole in his arse.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Two sides to every story so I will not take sides but will say that for the money most of those clubs go for in that area, you could easily buy an acre and a get a camp smack in the middle of Tensas NWR and Big Lake WMA and have >50K acres to hunt and fish
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

I have personal experience with the "Osborne idiots". I bought land from them, the trailer just past Bobby's house on the left was ours, they would hunt our stands, drive thru our food plots, drive up and down the road during hunting hours, had about 25 members hunting 400 acres, lied to members and said on Weds biologist were on the land so no hunting was allowed yet his entire family and friends hunted every Weds. I could go on and on. The osbornes are th joke of Clayton. Lowlife, lying bums. I ended up selling my parcel to Mr.Zimmerman who owns the adjoining land.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Red Snapper

And he hunting sucks bc they ride 4 wheelers all day and night throughout the entire property. Was never happier in my life to sell something. Just reusing your story pisses me off bc those guys are scum. All he does is sit his fat a s s on the porch all day looking like an ape.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I hunted with Bobby Osborn several years ago. Club wasn't too bad but he made up the rules as we went along. His wife was pure white trash. I paid 1200 to hunt the place and saw about six deer all season. They ran four wheelers to hell and back all over the place and the deer were pretty much nocturnal except for the rut. Never again.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Redfish

Cash: 692

Check em out on YouTube under bobby possumcods
Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

I hunt the Zimmerman property......the Osbourne guys are a piece of work fo sure.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I hunt the Zimmerman property......the Osbourne guys are a piece of work fo sure.
Zimmerman is a great guy. Osborns are scum
Old 01-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Sand Trout

I just wanted this to serve as a warning to all other hunters. Please don't be scammed by these people. Still waiting on him to create new profile and defend this palce as he as done on other sites where i warn them.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Well, it sounds like several folks here are aware of him here.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Ling

That sucks, maybe you will keep some others out of the same predicament.

A couple questions, and not being critical but maybe a little because I see about 4 red flags in the first paragraph If it sounds too good to be true, then...

Was this lease advertised on the internet? or?
(most good clubs never have to advertise over the internet to find members, they have waiting lists)

Did you ever step foot on the property before you wrote the guy a check?

Did you talk to anyone who had hunted this place before?
(most good clubs never have to advertise over the internet to find members, they have waiting lists)

Did you sign a lease?
(surely there is something in there that says the acreage of the properties. If that acreage is not the right acreage and you can prove that in small claims court perhaps you could get some mony back. For instance if he said 800 acres and property was really 400 acres, you should be able to get 50% of your money back if this is indicated in the lease)

on the 'hired a biologist' part, LDWF has private lands biologists that consult for no charge, I would bet this is who was 'hired', and if the property is DMAP, the biologist is required to come out occasionally
Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

A couple questions, and not being critical but maybe a little because I see about 4 red flags in the first paragraph If it sounds too good to be true, then...

Did you sign a lease?
(surely there is something in there that says the acreage of the properties. If that acreage is not the right acreage and you can prove that in small claims court perhaps you could get some mony back. For instance if he said 800 acres and property was really 400 acres, you should be able to get 50% of your money back if this is indicated in the lease)

on the 'hired a biologist' part, LDWF has private lands biologists that consult for no charge, I would bet this is who was 'hired', and if the property is DMAP, the biologist is required to come out occasionally
The property has some CRP. I never met the biologist one time in 2 full years of hunting and he supposedly came every Weds. I hunted on Weds on my land, and the entire Osborn clan and their buddies every Weds on theirs. Unless the biologist flew in on a stealth helicopter, he never entered the Osborn land bc he would have to cross me to get there.

Last edited by youmyboyblue; 01-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Ling

Trust me, there are no bilogist visiting the place.....
Old 01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
The property has some CRP. I never met the biologist one time in 2 full years of hunting and he supposedly came every Weds. I hunted on Weds on my land, and the entire Osborn clan and their buddies every Weds on theirs. Unless the biologist flew in on a stealth helicopter, he never entered the Osborn land bc he would have to cross me to get there.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Trust me, there are no bilogist visiting the place.....
Clubs with their own privately funded biologist are very few and far between in Louisiana

If there is CRP/WRP there would be an NRCS wildlife biolgist that would be available for any questions but they are not going to come out every Wednesday to look at a CRP/WRP plot, maybe once a year.

Maybe the LDWF private lands biologist in charge of that area DMAP comes out every Wednesday to drink coffee with them or to hunt, but most of the time they come out before the season and do some general habitat surveys and at the end of the season come by and pick up jawbones

sounds really fishy, hopefully this fellow can recover some of his money
Old 01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

Did you sign a lease?

It is what it is. Looking back i would do some thing different. I would have went with gut instinct. I looked at the property on Wednesday because there were no hunters there. We did not ride the whole property because it was hunting season. I did get in a hurry because i was told they very rearely have openings and that thier were only two left. I'm just trying to keep someone else from being a victim.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemgrow View Post
It is what it is. Looking back i would do some thing different. I would have went with gut instinct. I looked at the property on Wednesday because there were no hunters there. We did not ride the whole property because it was hunting season. I did get in a hurry because i was told they very rearely have openings and that thier were only two left. I'm just trying to keep someone else from being a victim.
I gotcha, sucks man
Old 01-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Here is the ad on LSM

Little Tensas Hunting Club has two openings. We offer deer,turkey,small game,dove hunting and fishing. We have a great deer herd and the turkey hunting is really good, excellent squirrel and rabbit hunting. Well managed deer program. Surrounded by managed hunting clubs. Our bucks have averaged 215 pounds whole weight and the doe's average 138 pounds the past 3 seasons. Stands provided and we have food plots as well as corn feeders. Camper hookups on site with water, electricity, and sewer. Call 318-341-7804 for more info. No emails please.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Here is the ad on LSM

Little Tensas Hunting Club has two openings. We offer deer,turkey,small game,dove hunting and fishing. We have a great deer herd and the turkey hunting is really good, excellent squirrel and rabbit hunting. Well managed deer program. Surrounded by managed hunting clubs. Our bucks have averaged 215 pounds whole weight and the doe's average 138 pounds the past 3 seasons. Stands provided and we have food plots as well as corn feeders. Camper hookups on site with water, electricity, and sewer. Call 318-341-7804 for more info. No emails please.
Yep, that would be a tad misleading, considering I ride straight through the place.