SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Went this afternoon. Caught one trout on live mullet. Beach is calm but only 6" visability. Didn't see anything blowing up.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Did u try live bait. I had a trip this year 56 trout caught anrdanrd tried everything and would only hit live shrimp. Well didn't have mullet or pogies that day

What is this live bait you speak of?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Was just curious if You fished with live shrimp, mullet, or shad? I had a good trip somewhere around june 8th but this time I was fishing little florida. Anyway I had My limit of fish by 6:45 am and my buddies had not caught one yet on plastic. I gave them the live shrimp and I thru everything at them and could not catch one on anything but live shrimp. My buddies also limited out by 10 or so with the live shrimp. They were in there really thick for along time and I could not believe they wouldn't hit anything else I tried.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
Went this afternoon. Caught one trout on live mullet. Beach is calm but only 6" visability. Didn't see anything blowing up.
If you were on little Florida this evening, that new silver Chevy 2500hd with the two kids, wife and black lab that you passed on the beach was me...
Old 09-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Wasn't me. Was on Martin beach in a black mega cab
Old 09-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Was just curious if You fished with live shrimp, mullet, or shad? I had a good trip somewhere around june 8th but this time I was fishing little florida. Anyway I had My limit of fish by 6:45 am and my buddies had not caught one yet on plastic. I gave them the live shrimp and I thru everything at them and could not catch one on anything but live shrimp. My buddies also limited out by 10 or so with the live shrimp. They were in there really thick for along time and I could not believe they wouldn't hit anything else I tried.
I am one of those a-holes that looks down my nose at you live bait soakers.

No man, I rarely use live bait and when I say rarely I mean like 2 times in the last 10 years, once was on a guided trip and there were no other options, the other was a bet that I made with someone that I could catch a limit of trout in Vbay after an 8" rain. I had to cover my bases.

My dad is a live bait fisherman and I did a lot of it when I was a kid. When I got my own boat and started fishing by myself a lot I abandoned it completely. I struggled for a long time but in the process became a much better fisherman. Yes sometimes they only want live bait, but its rare. I can usually make them hit something. I've seen it more often go in the other direction where they won't hit anything but one particular color on a certain jig head and so on.

I am confident in artifical, thats why I use it. I also cover lots and lots of water when I fish. I like to make 40 yard cast and you can't do that with a cricket on a khale hook tied to a cajun thunder. I hate corks almost as much as I hate spinning rods. I fish for the thump. I have too much respect for trout to disrespect them buy using another living creature to do my work for me.

Its like my college room mate who would take just about any drunk fat chick home after he failed at convincing any sub 300 lb female to have sex with him. I preferred to put in the time and effort and chase down the ones on the dance floor. They need to feel pursued in order to strike. But when you figure out what the trick is, its easy to get them to hit it. When we compared out catches the next morning, there was no doubt who was the master of his domain.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Flounder

Cash: 711

Was down there this afternoon also, moved around a lot looking for the clean water and never found any, shrimpers were close to the beach though. Lots of porpoise.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguytyler View Post
Was down there this afternoon also, moved around a lot looking for the clean water and never found any, shrimpers were close to the beach though. Lots of porpoise.

They are trawlers too which really screws up the water. They can mess it up for miles. Ask anyone who flys offshore.

If you want to get them out of there find a Vietnamames kid and pay him 20$ to get on the VHF and announce that the the INS/Border Patrol/Coast Guard task force is boarding all vessels in site of the beach. All of them will mysteriously go away quickly.

I've been on a few shrimp boats and all of them had something illegal going on. Louisiana shrimping industry attracts a diverse lot of criminals. The best summer job I ever had.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Flounder

Cash: 711

Hahahaha nah I dont want to cause any problems for those people. I'm mainly a bass fisherman but can't pass up a good beach trip. Love seeing those trout blow up a skitterwalk.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773

It's green right up to the beach now. Lots of bait and birds working.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:53 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
They are trawlers too which really screws up the water. They can mess it up for miles. Ask anyone who flys offshore.

If you want to get them out of there find a Vietnamames kid and pay him 20$ to get on the VHF and announce that the the INS/Border Patrol/Coast Guard task force is boarding all vessels in site of the beach. All of them will mysteriously go away quickly.

I've been on a few shrimp boats and all of them had something illegal going on. Louisiana shrimping industry attracts a diverse lot of criminals. The best summer job I ever had.
Lol, 100% True Story
Old 09-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Flounder

Cash: 630

No reports from today?
Old 09-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
No reports from today?
That means IT'S ON!!! LOL