SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965
Default rollover yesterday

First off, A real big thanks to budndawn and acearcher on all the info ya'll hooked me up with about rockefeller. we launched at roll over, which by the way is a whole lot further from Bridge City TX than I thought. Found the weir and it was really crowded, so we eased back down the channel and crabbed for a while while some spots opened up. The crabbing was slow but we caught enough to keep us interested. After about an hour, we went back to the weir and started throwing the castnets for shrimp. It was very slow pickings, catching only about 1-3 shrimp per cast. The guys I met out there all said that yesterday was the slowest day this week. We did catch enough for a nice boiled shrimp and crab dinner last night. It was nice to go fish unknown waters. Had fun just being outdoors with the fam. We all almost busted a gut laughing when we realized that b-o-o-t-h-comma to da top-s grocery from the cajun onstar video was a real place...lol. We stopped and bought some sausage and boudin from there. The elderly lady behind the counter was very nice to visit with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg booths.jpg (80.3 KB, 548 views)
File Type: jpg macie lil crab.jpg (62.4 KB, 551 views)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
First off, A real big thanks to budndawn and acearcher on all the info ya'll hooked me up with about rockefeller. we launched at roll over, which by the way is a whole lot further from Bridge City TX than I thought. Found the weir and it was really crowded, so we eased back down the channel and crabbed for a while while some spots opened up. The crabbing was slow but we caught enough to keep us interested. After about an hour, we went back to the weir and started throwing the castnets for shrimp. It was very slow pickings, catching only about 1-3 shrimp per cast. The guys I met out there all said that yesterday was the slowest day this week. We did catch enough for a nice boiled shrimp and crab dinner last night. It was nice to go fish unknown waters. Had fun just being outdoors with the fam. We all almost busted a gut laughing when we realized that b-o-o-t-h-comma to da top-s grocery from the cajun onstar video was a real place...lol. We stopped and bought some sausage and boudin from there. The elderly lady behind the counter was very nice to visit with.
Well yeah...it's right past Barry's trot line. Glad y'all had a good time.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

SHrimping has been dropping off for a couple weeks. The BIG Run should start in another 2-4 weeks.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

Thanks for the shrimp report! I was thinking about going to Rollover to castnet for shrimp. I guess I could wait for a few weeks when cool or cold front passes then I'd go there.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009
Default Booth's

The grey haired lady behind the counter was probably Mrs. Booth herself. Nice lady, in her 80's I'm sure and still going strong. Better boudin can be had at other places but you don't have that many choices at that end of the countryside. Glad y'all had fun.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Redfish

Cash: 919

Mrs T-mae Booth is her name. A great lady. Have known her all my life (47 yrs) and she can cuss with the best of them when she gets riled up.