SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Just gave jordan a nice lil pep talk about calling...By no means do i consider my self REALLY REALLY good. But i can hold my own when it comes to calling (especially now). Told him he's just going to have to spend the summer cranking up on it, and practicing.
Fixed it for ya, you have been hanging around the "Midget" too much.
What have you done recently to improve your calling?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Little View Post
Fixed it for ya, you have been hanging around the "Midget" too much.
What have you done recently to improve your calling?

Aint really done much "recently" I just called all summer and watched a many of people call, and picked up on there habbits I've just been calling on my hunts,finally felt i was decent enough to call with other people...

Started getting the "squeal" down at the end of my call, which i love dat.

Behonest with yall though, i can't stand my dr 85. I promise once you get a zink Ph2 you will never want another call again.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Good, can't get better if you don't practice, all the time. Save your $$$$$$$$$ and buy a RNT short barrel or original. Then chunk the compensator and buy a Chien Caille and learn how to call specks.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Little View Post
Good, can't get better if you don't practice, all the time. Save your $$$$$$$$$ and buy a RNT short barrel or original. Then chunk the compensator and buy a Chien Caille and learn how to call specks.

Tellin yall, once yall get this call you will never want another...Already made a few beleivers in it.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

I like my zink ph2 too fool...I use it about 70% of the time...It will lock up sometimes on me though...but it sounds nasty, duck nasty!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I like my zink ph2 too fool...I use it about 70% of the time...It will lock up sometimes on me though...but it sounds nasty, duck nasty!

Only time mine locks up, is when it gets litterally DUNKED in water, couple of "dut dut dut" like a feeder call and shes back to sounds NASTY.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

I got me a few getting made right now, as starter calls, then I'll upgrade when I get a little better at it. Imma be the next duck commander. Watch out Phil Robinson, I'm coming for ya buddy ! Lmao, thanks guys for the talks and guiding me in the right direction, I should have the calls by this weekend ?!?! Callmaker is working on them ! Thanks again callmaker !
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,801

I have a echo that I like not sure of the model, fools heard it, maybe its horrible though but seems to work so far, but still quite fond of my whistle still a believer that it'll do a lot more than most mallard calls especially late in the season. Got a chien caille this year and working to perfect that but still have a lot of work to do with that. I don't know anyone that can blow a speck call good to listen to but oneday I'll get that down.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Great White

Deadly D and R Little. Pm. 'Em on the speck calls
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Chien Caille takes alot of work and practice. I've bought the haydels and the primos and have always gone back to the chien Caille. I just need more practice being since I don't get to use it much. My give it a shot this weekend if the field is open.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Great White

I got to looking at duck calls at cabelas.com....

I found a few that were quite expensive.... (~$125)..... outta my range...
I checked chein caille's website... more of my price range... i think i might look into getting one of the speckledbelly calls and the game hauler...
I looked at zink calls.... definately gonna get the double reed mallard hen call.....

I got "Callmaker" from here making me a few beginner calls and i look forward to getting the chein caille and zink calls to "upgrade" my calls later on in the season...

Im getting anxious and really nervous. Its almost like christmas as a 5 year old.
I think in the summer time, i'm gonna work on my calling habits and then i plan on getting together with a few of ya'll and seeing what i need to work on and what bad habits i need to break.

I talked with Deadly D and Callmaker and i plan to make a day trip down there (Jennings) and just sit in the shop and call and get them to tune and teach me.... Im looking forward to achieving my goal for this year !!!

Thanks to all you guys for products listed and the support. Ya'll are like family on here !!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

Shawn I've got an echo...the diamondwood one...I like it, i can get real loud with it.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,801

yeah mines one of the cheaper ones, was supposed to be getting a RNT from a guy at work to use for the season to see if i wanted to drop the money on one but he never came through, I really like my Echo though and like the amount of rasp with good high end, just not a great feed call with any kind of moisture. By next year I am going to get a good high end call just dont know what to go with. A lot of people brag about the RNT short barrel and timbre. I just dont know so many good calls out there and unless you blow them you never know. Maybe I'll get with callmaker and go over oneday and get him to make me one. Never had one tuned for me by anyone other than me.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Great White

looked at the "primos" wench.... not my style
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
looked at the "primos" wench.... not my style
wench is another inexpensive call thats easy to blow. def another good starter call!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Great White

it was $15..... thought twice about it.... looked at it... and put it back on the shelf... might go get it tomorrow.... it was a nice looking call..... ducks dont care what the call looks like... just the sound
Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
it was $15..... thought twice about it.... looked at it... and put it back on the shelf... might go get it tomorrow.... it was a nice looking call..... ducks dont care what the call looks like... just the sound

the orange-colored one? a good call try it out! put u finger over the hole and it sounds good!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Great White

yeah.....i think... i was looking at predator calls at a pawn shop and they had (2) of the primos wench's and i looked at it and put it back on the shelf
Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Great White

had a hole that you can put ur finger over...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
had a hole that you can put ur finger over...
thats the one!