SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 8-8-18 Lake Charles Trip

Hello all its been awhile since I been in the section of the forum. Just got back from Toledo Saturday and didn't catch as good as I'd liked and was gonna try some Crappie on the Calcasieu River this am. But I crossed over I-10 Bridge yesterday morning and saw about 20 boats out there so I asked dad if he would like to try our luck on some trout and reds in there. It's so easy to fish up here! Anyway he was ready for some drag pulling too so we met up at 210 launch this morning at sunrise and took off. Birds worked for a little while early this am in Lake Charles but u could tell they have had a lot of pressure on them and as soon as a second boat would get close they would just lay down. As far as I could tell it was mostly lady fish and gaff top under them with an occasional red. Around 845 we had had enough of em and we were going to go try up by saltwater barrier but I asked dad if he wanted to try this one spot I've caught fish many times on south bank almost to end of lake shore drive. He was all for it. Very first cast was a very nice trout that I did not expect at all. I usually release trout this size but it was first of the morning and dads scale is stuck on kilograms and not knowing what 1.86kgs is without looking it up he put it in ice chest before I gave it anymore thought lol. Ending up being a 4.2 pounder and 24 1/2 inches long. Fat one! We stayed there for almost two hours til we ran out of shrimp. We caught and boxed out limit of reds and at least another limit each of reds and put a few more smaller trout in box. Dad kept one of the larger gaff top for dog food. One of my moms recipes calls for part fish. Damn dogs eat better than I do lol. We were back at the launch wore smooth out by 1030-1045. Neither one of us expected the bite to be as good as it was and had a great time. That trout looked a lot bigger til we got it in the net. As long as we don't get a whole bunch of rain those fish will only get thicker in there as fall comes around. I will be back. Another 4600 going back to the shop to be fixed and again reds were the reason! Most of the reds were perfect eatin size 17"-19" but we did catch a few 24"ers and one over 27 that was released. Was suprised to see so many guide boats up here on such a calm morning. At least 10 guide boats up here this am but never seen anyone catching that much and most were moving around a lot. Tight lines everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1783.jpg (51.2 KB, 907 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1785.jpg (70.7 KB, 906 views)
Old 08-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300

Great trip and thanks for the report.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160

That is a great morning. Thanks for the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Great catch Mem.....
Old 08-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Man! You stay killing them! Nice report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

Good report! I can't wait to get back down
Old 08-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Tripletail

ive heard the reds have been up here all year. this was only my 3rd trip to Lake chuck this year. first trip was a few months ago, maybe longer, I got my limit of trout in just a couple hours on a 25 mph windy day and only one out there then I went back the next week and only caught small under size reds and trout. today was great but I would rather trout than reds. they are in there. it was calm enough u could see the shrimp runnin for the life and they are so little bitty shrimp. hopefully the Calcasieu doesn't flood cause it will only get better as more shrimp get in there this fall. the rain here doesn't effect it much its the rain up north that hurts it. beautiful water up here too. look fwd to next trip as I only fished one of my spots today and I think the others are holding fish too. I just looked to see when exactly that was the last time I was in Lake Charles and it was almost a year ago not a few months. way back in November of last year. time flies for sure. but they stayed up here last year til big rain came and flooded river. hopefully rains hold off til January or febuary this year.

Last edited by MEM1971; 08-09-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 469

Great to see your reports again!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Flounder

Cash: 20
Default 8-8-18 Lake Charles Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Hello all its been awhile since I been in the section of the forum. Just got back from Toledo Saturday and didn't catch as good as I'd liked and was gonna try some Crappie on the Calcasieu River this am. But I crossed over I-10 Bridge yesterday morning and saw about 20 boats out there so I asked dad if he would like to try our luck on some trout and reds in there. It's so easy to fish up here! Anyway he was ready for some drag pulling too so we met up at 210 launch this morning at sunrise and took off. Birds worked for a little while early this am in Lake Charles but u could tell they have had a lot of pressure on them and as soon as a second boat would get close they would just lay down. As far as I could tell it was mostly lady fish and gaff top under them with an occasional red. Around 845 we had had enough of em and we were going to go try up by saltwater barrier but I asked dad if he wanted to try this one spot I've caught fish many times on south bank almost to end of lake shore drive. He was all for it. Very first cast was a very nice trout that I did not expect at all. I usually release trout this size but it was first of the morning and dads scale is stuck on kilograms and not knowing what 1.86kgs is without looking it up he put it in ice chest before I gave it anymore thought lol. Ending up being a 4.2 pounder and 24 1/2 inches long. Fat one! We stayed there for almost two hours til we ran out of shrimp. We caught and boxed out limit of reds and at least another limit each of reds and put a few more smaller trout in box. Dad kept one of the larger gaff top for dog food. One of my moms recipes calls for part fish. Damn dogs eat better than I do lol. We were back at the launch wore smooth out by 1030-1045. Neither one of us expected the bite to be as good as it was and had a great time. That trout looked a lot bigger til we got it in the net. As long as we don't get a whole bunch of rain those fish will only get thicker in there as fall comes around. I will be back. Another 4600 going back to the shop to be fixed and again reds were the reason! Most of the reds were perfect eatin size 17"-19" but we did catch a few 24"ers and one over 27 that was released. Was suprised to see so many guide boats up here on such a calm morning. At least 10 guide boats up here this am but never seen anyone catching that much and most were moving around a lot. Tight lines everyone!

My dog likes gar balls & choupique. Gotta great choupique souffle recipe (inbox me if you want it). His favorite tho is jasper goo. I can?t take him goo fishing cuz he eats the fish right out the box like sushi.
Great report. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Not too often that the speck is your biggest fish in the box. But it sure is great when it is. Nice haul
Old 08-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Tripletail

My dad , my cousin, and my uncle went back with out live shrimp on 8-12-18 and kept 6 reds and 4-5 trout. Cousin went to get shrimp then go meet them at launch but he put 2 quarts of shrimp in a five gallon bucket with no areator and they were dead 30 minutes later when they went to put them in live well. In summer heat only 1/2 qt to five gallons water and definitely have to have areator!!! And he left his bait out while getting net for my uncle and a redfish pulled his new rod in water! That boy! Anyway they caught lots of undersized fish and no doubt they would of done better with live shrimp.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 874

Is there a place closer to 210 or i10 to get live shrimp or do you need to go to calc point? Just curious?
Old 08-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 864

I do not know of one.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:10 AM
Tripletail

Nope! Along time ago u could get some in westlake but they closed many years ago. Closest place is Calcasieu Point. I just drive thru there pick some up and then drive to 210 launch. Make sure to have plenty of water and an areator. I like to have at least 5 gallons of water per 1/2 quart in summer.