SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544
Default MD Governor Exploits Hunter Database Info to Push Gun Control

What do you think we would do in LA?? I thought they were to preserve "hunting guns".......I'd take a 12 guage for home defense any day...

The state of Maryland has a database of hunters they’ve collected when they purchased hunting permits. But when those hunters wrote down their email addresses, I’m sure the last thing they expected was that Governor Martin O’Malley would use the info to promote his gun control agenda . . .
The following
email">email
, transparently designed to divide and conquer the gun rights community, claims that the “assault weapons” ban and other civilian disarmament proposals O’Malley wants to implement will not impact hunters, so they shouldn’t really care about it. Here’s the email, apparently sent to everyone on the state’s database:
JUNIOR WATERFOWL HUNTING DAY AND PROTECTING TRADITIONS‏
Governor Martin O’Malley
governor@dnr.state.md.us
February 7, 2013
Dear Friend,
I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources’ latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day, which takes place this Saturday, February 9. Junior Hunting Days provide wonderful opportunities for young hunters and their adult mentors to get outside and enjoy the proud tradition of hunting in Maryland.
Hunting is a part of our history and is woven into the fabric of our State’s culture. We appreciate everything you and all other conservation-minded hunters do for Maryland.
I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown.
Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That’s why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.
This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience.
Good luck on Saturday and I look forward to hearing your stories from the field.
Sincerely,
Martin O’Malley
Governor
Right. Doesn’t want to take away my hunting rifle. When the entire point of the bill is to take away my hunting rifle (pictured at the top).

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...h-gun-control/
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

I think he underestimates our solidarity.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Another politician treating citizens like ignorant children.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

What I'm getting tired of is hearing these people say that gun owners dont want to see change and are not willing to comprimise, but my whole point is we have compromised so much already with religion, taxes, and many other things, I mean we pay $3.50 for a fricken gallon of gas. Now we decide to put our foot down against the b/s and we are made to look like bad people. I have watched the people who run this country be greedy and selfish with our lives for too long. I'll stand up anyway i can