SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192
Default Ruger SR9 VS. Ruger LC9

Whats is your opinion on just these 2 guns as far as which one would be a better concealed carry. I am not interested in hearing about other brands and other calibers. I know whats out there and the their benefits. What do yall think? I am thinking SR9. Although the LC9 is an inch shorter and almost 10ozs lighter, SR9 has double the amount of round capacity. Its a tough one.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Thinking about getting a SR9c, my dad has a SR40c that is realy nice
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Sr9
Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Whats is your opinion on just these 2 guns as far as which one would be a better concealed carry. I am not interested in hearing about other brands and other calibers. I know whats out there and the their benefits. What do yall think? I am thinking SR9. Although the LC9 is an inch shorter and almost 10ozs lighter, SR9 has double the amount of round capacity. Its a tough one.
This is the one I plan on getting for this reason for concealed carry. This is for personal protection. Want it small and light.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

SR9c smaller than the sr9 but still holds 17rds
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

LC9 conceals better, if you need ten more rounds to defend yourself you need to learn how to shoot! it also isn't that "fun" of a gun to shoot, stiff trigger, smaller, but its for a life or death situation, now if your looking for something bigger, good for all around shooting harder to conceal get the sr9. but Pocket concealed pistols are a lot more comfortable to have on you then a compact or full size pistol concealed inside the waist band. for example try driving or sitting at a table with the different holsters for concealed carry most are uncomfortable in a sitting position, when you realize how much comfort means to you when your carrying it will change your perspective on what you carry.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
LC9 conceals better, if you need ten more rounds to defend yourself you need to learn how to shoot! it also isn't that "fun" of a gun to shoot, stiff trigger, smaller, but its for a life or death situation, now if your looking for something bigger, good for all around shooting harder to conceal get the sr9. but Pocket concealed pistols are a lot more comfortable to have on you then a compact or full size pistol concealed inside the waist band. for example try driving or sitting at a table with the different holsters for concealed carry most are uncomfortable in a sitting position, when you realize how much comfort means to you when your carrying it will change your perspective on what you carry.
You are exactly right. When I started carrying I went to a pocket carry because of all the reasons you stated above. Now I have a couple that I enjoy shooting at the range and one that I carry that isn't much fun to shoot but will be in my pocket if I need it. The only gun that will protect you is the one that you will carry and if its too big you will end up leaving it in the console of your truck.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409

SR9 for shooting but it would be a little cumbersome to cary, IMO. I have two SR9's. Love them. Looked at the SR9C but didn't like the way that the short clip sat in my hand.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
You are exactly right. When I started carrying I went to a pocket carry because of all the reasons you stated above. Now I have a couple that I enjoy shooting at the range and one that I carry that isn't much fun to shoot but will be in my pocket if I need it. The only gun that will protect you is the one that you will carry and if its too big you will end up leaving it in the console of your truck.
yeah, I never enjoyed shooting revolvers too much, but a .38 or .357 snubby is probably the most common ccw. because its smaller and has adequate amount of power.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

I conceal my taurus 357 mag snub and its a cannon, wouldnt carry anything smaller jmo