SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679
Default First offshore boat

Just bought my first offshore boat it's a 23 Carolina cat twin yamaha
Looking to start buying safety stuff for her

Epirb or plb?
Old 03-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Love them Carolina Cats, make sure you get all that saftey gear.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Get both eprib and backup. Dont skimp on any devices that locate you and your boat out there. It will be your last resort and will give some answers to what happend to you if you are lost for good.so get one you can tape to your butt too if they still make um. When you go over or wind up in the water the one taped to your butt will tell we're your butt is. So then all you have to do is fight the sharks. So get some preserved shark repellent too. An tape that too.next is the life vests which come in the style that has straps.they keep your head up in the water. Not many guys go in the water in the " deep sea " less spear jockeys . You plan on going out to fish an do all you do to get there an then plan to jump in the water at the end of your trip. I bet not. So gear up and don't worry if you look like a walking lit flare cuz then and only then I would bet you make it back.
Next is the stuff for your crew. F um let them get there own stuff. LOL ya right bro get them the same gear you get your self. If you provide the opera unity for them to ware it then it's up to them to do so. You can't train a crawfish to scoot forward. Next is the kids well keep stuff on board from the start for kids. If you ain't got um or don't need um u still Gunna wind up in that situational .its better to have it than let a kid go without it. Next is the dog well unless you need big bait get one for the dog. It can swim but not for hours. And if it stays still less chance it gets eaten too.next is the .....oooops ok bro jus go with it. If its alive and moving prepare for it to be rescued. Or in the water for hours. Cuz only dumb luck Gunna get u if u go for an unscedualed swim.it will take a minimal of 3 hours at 50mils out .......take into account for drift etc from last reported location if you get the chance to make a report.

Don't jack around with safety or u Gunna get jacked.

A few hand held radios for at least 4 crew to b kept on person. Good to go.

Bro were the boat at in da driveway......check dem fire extenguishered deals regular. An don't parc too close to da house.

Set a standard and hold it if you got it on your boat for safeness then don't set foot on another that don't. Even if it's mamas boat. Jus tell her she ain't got the new and latest stuff I bet she gets it. You know how mama is.

Mama say get a roll of toilet paper jus in case too. Emergency happen everyware.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

PICS???
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9434bd8...yljso2_250.gif
Old 03-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Get both eprib and backup. Dont skimp on any devices that locate you and your boat out there. It will be your last resort and will give some answers to what happend to you if you are lost for good.so get one you can tape to your butt too if they still make um. When you go over or wind up in the water the one taped to your butt will tell we're your butt is. So then all you have to do is fight the sharks. So get some preserved shark repellent too. An tape that too.next is the life vests which come in the style that has straps.they keep your head up in the water. Not many guys go in the water in the " deep sea " less spear jockeys . You plan on going out to fish an do all you do to get there an then plan to jump in the water at the end of your trip. I bet not. So gear up and don't worry if you look like a walking lit flare cuz then and only then I would bet you make it back.
Next is the stuff for your crew. F um let them get there own stuff. LOL ya right bro get them the same gear you get your self. If you provide the opera unity for them to ware it then it's up to them to do so. You can't train a crawfish to scoot forward. Next is the kids well keep stuff on board from the start for kids. If you ain't got um or don't need um u still Gunna wind up in that situational .its better to have it than let a kid go without it. Next is the dog well unless you need big bait get one for the dog. It can swim but not for hours. And if it stays still less chance it gets eaten too.next is the .....oooops ok bro jus go with it. If its alive and moving prepare for it to be rescued. Or in the water for hours. Cuz only dumb luck Gunna get u if u go for an unscedualed swim.it will take a minimal of 3 hours at 50mils out .......take into account for drift etc from last reported location if you get the chance to make a report.

Bro were the boat at in da driveway......check dem fire extenguishered deals regular. An don't parc too close to da house.

Set a standard and hold it if you got it on your boat for safeness then don't set foot on another that don't. Even if it's mamas boat. Jus tell her she ain't got the new and latest stuff I bet she gets it. You know how mama is.

Mama say get a roll of toilet paper jus in case too. Emergency happen everyware.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
PICS???
I agree
Old 03-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Tripletail

Less then 369 hrs on the outboards
Old 03-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Tripletail

Thanks will start buying stuff for the boat
Quote:

Old 03-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

That's a nice looking rig man!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Tripletail

Ima take it easy fish the bay and work my way out until I feel confidence too make the long run.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

thats a nice boat! if you ever need someone to throw the rig hook, i could help haha!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Nice sled,,,
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Awesome setup! That thing should handle great!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Very nice!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoward View Post
Ima take it easy fish the bay and work my way out until I feel confidence too make the long run.
Nice boat man! Smooth ride.

Another idea is to find a guy headed out and buddy up. Safety in numbers.
Two boats more fish and more ground scouted.

Looks like you Gunna b. eating good.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Tripletail

thanks Ratdog, just order a PLB and doing couple basic maintenance on the outboard before I take her out.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:39 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoward View Post
thanks Ratdog, just order a PLB and doing couple basic maintenance on the outboard before I take her out.
i guess u got duck tape to attach it to your butt. jus pick a spot with little hair an you be fine as a swamp gas sunrise sha.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
i guess u got duck tape to attach it to your butt. jus pick a spot with little hair an you be fine as a swamp gas sunrise sha.
X2
Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Flounder

Cash: 646

Nice sled man!