SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 04-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Ratdog you should do a thread on oyster mushroom growing...... I love a good mushroom fricasse and would like to learn how to grow them.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Thanks guys.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 500

Well good luck Ratdog. You have to have a dream and hold on to it and never give up. I saved for 8 years to buy my boat. I saved $100 here and $50 there, When my friends were going out to eat and such I was saving. I know I only own a Carolina Skiff 238 DLV but it is all mine and paid for. I wish you well buddy and don't let people get you down. Hang in there.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocracokenc View Post
Well good luck Ratdog. You have to have a dream and hold on to it and never give up. I saved for 8 years to buy my boat. I saved $100 here and $50 there, When my friends were going out to eat and such I was saving. I know I only own a Carolina Skiff 238 DLV but it is all mine and paid for. I wish you well buddy and don't let people get you down. Hang in there.
Yep
I worked in the oilfield for fifteen years. I saved for lots of things. ATv ,prospecting equipment,hobbies,hydroponics,astronomy,vacation timeshares .
I'm glad you got what you wanted.thing is when you make a good bit of money per year it is funny how when you get that item you saved for you wind up saving to get something else. So I'm glad your happy wit you boat. And I wonder if your saving for a bigger one.
I now practice minimalist ideas. And try to enjoy what I have left.
It's funny how things work out.but keep in mind what you have now might not be there tommorow.and what you can do today is something you will only be able to enjoy as memories later.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Yep
I worked in the oilfield for fifteen years. I saved for lots of things. ATv ,prospecting equipment,hobbies,hydroponics,astronomy,vacation timeshares .
I'm glad you got what you wanted.thing is when you make a good bit of money per year it is funny how when you get that item you saved for you wind up saving to get something else. So I'm glad your happy wit you boat. And I wonder if your saving for a bigger one.
I now practice minimalist ideas. And try to enjoy what I have left.
It's funny how things work out.but keep in mind what you have now might not be there tommorow.and what you can do today is something you will only be able to enjoy as memories later.
I am happy with my boat. I plan on keeping it long enough to give to my son and then I will get something else, maybe a used boat or make him take me fishing LOL. My boat is back at the factory for the second time with cracks in the hull. This time they ripped the floor up and doubled the stringers. I am not happy because it is not even 1 year old yet.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:14 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocracokenc View Post
I am happy with my boat. I plan on keeping it long enough to give to my son and then I will get something else, maybe a used boat or make him take me fishing LOL. My boat is back at the factory for the second time with cracks in the hull. This time they ripped the floor up and doubled the stringers. I am not happy because it is not even 1 year old yet.
Dang bro that sucks. U boat less right now. I have not taken mine out for months just don't feel good enough . But it's all good to go not cracked up.
So what did you do pacque wit a nuder boat early before Easter ?

Easter boat pacqueing gathering only cracked up boats allowed. Two crack minimum .prize for best cracker is a new set of finders for the pointy end of da boat. Anchors allowed but must be painted pink and green checkers . Fresh goose down only for extra personnel floatations . And only bato wit coonass certification will be accepted.please join um Easter day at point coupet lumber yard at 6am's for paraid to beaver parc.

Good luck on da Easter day parquet paraid.