SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
I've lost some nice fish because I try to not be bowed up on one while a boat is passing. I lower my rod and give slack til the boat goes by. Sometimes he's still on but sometimes he's not lol.
My brother tried this with a red in Bayou Blanc and ran out of string. Had no choice but to start fighting it again. Boat passing waved and kept going.

We have all had the inconsiderate idiots crash our bite, but I have also had some pass by and wave while the rod is bowed up. while I agree VB has to be the worst, and especially in the fall when the trout move in close.

Got to give props to those that hold to a higher standard and don't potlick. I usually give and thumbs up and holler "good fish" and keep going.

Now, back to the potlicker stories.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 620

Try being in a kayak with these inconsiderate *******s around you.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Now, back to the potlicker stories.
My brother, who is a little more even tempered than me, handled these two old men beautifully once.

He was killing the trout under some birds right out of the 4 mile between redfish point and mud point once. He saw the birds working and got up current of them. Managed the kill his motor and have his boat in perfect position to drift into them without even getting on his trolling motor. He and 2 of his friends had put about 35 nice fish in the boat with two old men coming out of the 4 Mile saw the massive school of birds working and decided they would get in on the action. Well of course they ran right up on the fish and within 30 yards of his boat and the bite was off. Anyway needless to say my little bro was hot but managed to keep his cool. One of the old men said something to the effect of "Did y'all manage to get a few before they shut down?". My brothers response "Well when you fish under birds in VBay 90% of the time you gonna catch some gaftops, but it just so happens that these were trout. When you fishing for trout under birds you get up current and go into them slowly. Exactly what y'all didn't do. But I can tell y'all were after gaftops and they don't care if two geezers in columbia shirts roll through their school, so I will cut y'all some slack." He said they just put their heads down and took off. There is no way I could have been as cool.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
My brother, who is a little more even tempered than me, handled these two old men beautifully once.

He was killing the trout under some birds right out of the 4 mile between redfish point and mud point once. He saw the birds working and got up current of them. Managed the kill his motor and have his boat in perfect position to drift into them without even getting on his trolling motor. He and 2 of his friends had put about 35 nice fish in the boat with two old men coming out of the 4 Mile saw the massive school of birds working and decided they would get in on the action. Well of course they ran right up on the fish and within 30 yards of his boat and the bite was off. Anyway needless to say my little bro was hot but managed to keep his cool. One of the old men said something to the effect of "Did y'all manage to get a few before they shut down?". My brothers response "Well when you fish under birds in VBay 90% of the time you gonna catch some gaftops, but it just so happens that these were trout. When you fishing for trout under birds you get up current and go into them slowly. Exactly what y'all didn't do. But I can tell y'all were after gaftops and they don't care if two geezers in columbia shirts roll through their school, so I will cut y'all some slack." He said they just put their heads down and took off. There is no way I could have been as cool.
Me either but that is classic!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

This makes me realize how much better the fishing is in the east side of the state, 10000 people on one pond is a recipe for trouble.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
This makes me realize how much better the fishing is in the east side of the state, 10000 people on one pond is a recipe for trouble.
The east is much better year round but when VBay and Tiger Shoals are on in my opinion there is no comparison. I guess thats why there are so many rabid fisherman out there. They wait all year and are like kids in a candy store when fall comes around. And most of the Aholes you come across in BL are from Texas.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
The east is much better year round but when VBay and Tiger Shoals are on in my opinion there is no comparison. I guess thats why there are so many rabid fisherman out there. They wait all year and are like kids in a candy store when fall comes around.
Point taken but give me the east any day over VB and Tiger, I don't have enough time to list all the places we have over here.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Point taken but give me the east any day over VB and Tiger, I don't have enough time to list all the places we have over here.
x2 Even when it on inside the bay, 9 times out of 10 I'll drive fatrher east just to have some space.