SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-16-2015, 05:43 AM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnova View Post
If you are looking for Plano or non prescription Costas are excellent, but if you require rx or prescription lens maui jim is the best I've ever handled, but be ready to pay for them single vision can run 350 to almost 500 and bifocals can be north of 650

Thanks. Next pair I'll look at JM.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 493

if you're happy with you $29 clip ons that's great, the man asked what was the best, however I do agree with you that $700 is an awful lot to pay for some sunglasses but if you look at the meticulous detail that Maui Jim goes to you would understand why there is such a great cost, I have sold several pair no one has complained about the cost they enjoy and appreciate the product
Old 05-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Flounder

Cash: 885
Default Prescription Costas

I bought a pair of prescription Costas (progressive bifocals). They are the 580p lens in the mirror green for inshore fishing. They are absolutely the best pair of glasses I've ever owned. I can see better with those glasses than any other pair I have ever owned. They totally block out all of the glare.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 678

I just bought the 580 glass in the green mirror. I wonder if I can take them to get a prescription cut on the glass without having to buy the glasses from the doctor. They are advertised as being prescription ready. I bought the fantail model but I realize now that maybe I should have bought one of the other models that had the 1.75 or 2 power already made into the glass.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Redfish

Cash: 4,575

Costas 580 on sunny days and Salt Life Optics on cloudy days
Old 05-20-2015, 03:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Travis Miller View Post
Costas 580 on sunny days and Salt Life Optics on cloudy days

What's different about the salt life that makes them better for cloudy days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 885

Robert, my wife works for a local eye Dr. she says if the frames are in good shape, you can bring them to any Dr office that is a Costa distributor and they can order the lens. The lens HAVE to come from Costa, so the frames will have to be sent off to Costa. Usually takes 2-3 weeks for the glasses to be returned. It's not cheap. My progressive bifocal lens were about $750 on top of the price of the frames. But I gotta say....well worth it.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHunt19 View Post
Robert, my wife works for a local eye Dr. she says if the frames are in good shape, you can bring them to any Dr office that is a Costa distributor and they can order the lens. The lens HAVE to come from Costa, so the frames will have to be sent off to Costa. Usually takes 2-3 weeks for the glasses to be returned. It's not cheap. My progressive bifocal lens were about $750 on top of the price of the frames. But I gotta say....well worth it.

Most salt life post ever.

Get this man an award!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Flounder

Cash: 526

If you don't need the latest style steepandcheap is a great place to buy from. I bought an extra pair of Costas 580P to keep in the boat for $58. Regular price was $198. If bought from these folks in the past and glasses are the real deal and the shipping is fast. Also a good place to buy raingear from but you have to keep an eye out for the sales. http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-ca...d#?brand=Costa
Old 05-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
What's different about the salt life that makes them better for cloudy days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Below is an excerpt from the Salt Life Optics website. They had me sold at Salt Life Attitude! I think they left one part out though...I would imagine these sunglasses give you the instant urge to cover your truck in decals.

Live the Salt Life in fashion eyewear! These Salt Life sunglasses feature Zeiss lenses and will protect your eyes with stylish looks and serious Salt Life attitude. These Salt Life Largo mens sunglasses feature polarized polycarbonate lenses with Ri-pel front and AR5 back of lens treatments, a Salt Life logo on the side of the frames, perfect for the beach or boat. Zeiss lenses Polarized polycarbonate lenses with Ri-pel front and AR5 back of lens treatment. Tortoise frame color. Select lens color below