SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 453
Default Lake Charles and surrounding area bank and wade fishing

I am stationed at Fort Polk and looking to do some fishing in my free time. For the time being I am leaving my boats in FL where I am from. Just wondering if there is any good spots to jump in the water and do some wade fishing in Lake Charles area for redfish and trout? Also do I need to worry about live bait? I have 20+ years of expierence fishing inshore and offshore FL and Bahamas and not looking for anyones fishing spots or secrets. Just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 471

I think if you went further south to Hollybeach and wade the Gulf beaches and nea the rcok jetties. I have seen kids swim from the beach to the rocks and catch some monster Red fish. Should be able to get bait in Cameron and also I think some topwater lures will work.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder13 View Post
I am stationed at Fort Polk and looking to do some fishing in my free time. For the time being I am leaving my boats in FL where I am from. Just wondering if there is any good spots to jump in the water and do some wade fishing in Lake Charles area for redfish and trout? Also do I need to worry about live bait? I have 20+ years of expierence fishing inshore and offshore FL and Bahamas and not looking for anyones fishing spots or secrets. Just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The west side of the Creole Nature Trail on Hwy 27. From Hackberry to Holly Beach is great bank fishing. Many trips in college I came back with ice chest full of reds, trout, and flounder. Find some moving water (culverts, cuts, channels, etc) and get after em.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744

Welcome to the boards and welcome to Vernon Parish. I work on the MILES gear out at North Fort. And live not far from there.

I make several fishing trips to Holly Beach every year. I have horrible luck but lots of folks tear up the trout and reds. I have had a few good days though. Personal best so far is a 27 lb red from the rocks west of holly and some sort of leviathan that cut my steel leader on his second jump. (pretty sure it was a kraken)

I usually hit the beaches and not too sure about wading and bank fishing in Lake Charles area. If you hit the beaches, Cajun Fast Mart in Sulphur is a good place for lures and bait. Meaux's is on Holly Beach proper and sells better shrimp.

Lots of info to be had here. Good luck to ya.

Mike