Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 01-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedwards04 View Post
Thanks. It does well, the hydro jackplate has a lot to do with it though. I can get up on plane in a soft bottom marsh as long as my boat is floating. the 56" bottom really floats high and keeps it high even getting out the hole.
so you can go pretty much anywhere you need to be... if you get stuck then you shouldnt have gone where you went?

im debating on getting rid of my 18x42 tunnel for a better ride but dont want to give up performance in marsh. since i fish mainly marsh and shallow water, if i set it up right, how do you think it will perform...
Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Flounder

Cash: 734

I fish and hunt a lot of tidal marsh and lacassine back waters and ive never had a problem. I don't even worry about where I go. Come take a ride, you'll be selling that tunnel. lol
Old 01-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Flounder

oh and if you decide to go to some bigger water, it handles some rough chop very well. The only real draw back I can find on these boats is that they are a little narrow across the beam compared to others because they don't flare the sides out as much. you loose a little bit of deck space, other than that its an excellent all around rig. That goes for EDGE or Ambush they both about equal boats, I've rode and fished out of both.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:48 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
oh and if you decide to go to some bigger water, it handles some rough chop very well. The only real draw back I can find on these boats is that they are a little narrow across the beam compared to others because they don't flare the sides out as much. you loose a little bit of deck space, other than that its an excellent all around rig. That goes for EDGE or Ambush they both about equal boats, I've rode and fished out of both.

Seems like I saw your rig last Saturday at the moss bluff launch. There were two edge boats behind one another on the west side of the launch.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Seems like I saw your rig last Saturday at the moss bluff launch. There were two edge boats behind one another on the west side of the launch.

I was fishing a tournament last Saturday on Sabine. It was most likely Kent Forman you saw there. he is an Edge dealer and always at the launch testing boats.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
I was fishing a tournament last Saturday on Sabine. It was most likely Kent Forman you saw there. he is an Edge dealer and always at the launch testing boats.

Ahhhh gotcha
Old 01-18-2017, 10:29 PM
Flounder

Cash: 485

Just sanded it, threw a coat of etch primer and paint on it to brighted it up. Got some decals on the way. Looked a little worse a week ago when I bought it out of a back yard in a barrel....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00u0u_hcqtBA5IsIf_600x450.jpg (31.2 KB, 87 views)