SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396
Default crappy lawyers....

well my wife has been fightin for domiscery of her son for over a year now.basically her and her ex were supposed to go to a mediator to get everything set in stone.well he didnt wanna work with her and said take me to court.so basically we forked out $3,000 for a lawyer and were supposed to go to court well he couldnt afford his lawyer and he passed the court date.but basically my wife does everything and her lawyer said she would have no problem gettin domiscery because she schedules everything and all he does is pay half of day care.well now that his lawyer dropped the case he decided to work with her and give her domiscery.but the agreement was every other year taxes. she claimed him last year and he wants ro claim him this year. i told her she pretty much got screwed out of $3000 and he only wants to cooperate because he doesnt have money.her lawyer told her if she claims him this year it would look really bad in court.basically. sorry for the wording im on a cell phone.i think her lawyer sucks personally and she provides everything for him and is out $3000 and alot of her time. and now he gets to double his money since all he pays is $200 a month. im not for screwing people but i think her lawyer just wants to end it and nothing against her ex but hes practically doubling his money and my wife is getting shorted. i think she should claim him and take him to court about everything...sorry to rant but it reallly ticks me off the way things work
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

So, are you saying her lawyer sucks or the ex? Crappy lawyers are out there. I had one myself. The guy was a sissy(I won't put here what I really called him!)! He's the type of lawyer I wouldn't hire for a will and probate reading. References are king in the world of law and $3000 ain't much to drop on custody issues. Some of the best lessons I've ever learned were learned the hard way.

Maybe she should take him back to court for more custody because $200/mo is nothing for a kid. As far as filing taxes, she agreed to it and, if I understand correctly, she would be breaking a court order by double filing...Keep in mind, I'm no lawyer.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

sooo he doesnt pay child support??? if not why hasnt the issue been pushed?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Tripletail

nothin was set in stone she wanted to go to a mediater and get it set. they switch custody every two days and every other weekend. she wanted to keep that agreement and have her as domiscery since she schedules everything and he has only been to one dr appt in three years.court was just for domiscery because now they have codomiscery but she makes all the decisions. she provides everything for daycare, diapers wipes, exrtra clothes etc....they havent gone to court yet so nothing is official its just that he hasnt worked with her on anyrhing and made it heck on both of us.and now that he is out of options he decides to.it just ticks me off we paid $3,000 to go to court and never did because of him. and now he gets everything back and we're screwed.again nothing is set in stone its just a verbal agreement.basically he said he'll sign domiscery over with the agreement that he gets to claim him this year.the lawyer said itll look bad on my wifes part her doing it two years in a row. i told her to claim him and go to court... i hope that kinda clears things up
Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Tripletail

her lawyer also told her that since there routine has been the same for two years that the judge wouldnt give her full custody.which i also think is wrong because she does everything for him. i think her lawyer is just telling her this to get it settled and out of his hands. sorry for the ranting, im still worked up about all this
Old 01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

well here is the deala skrilla. hubby doesnt do drugs and hasnt been deemed unfit for codomiscile privelages. sounds like you need to push for more child support!!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Here is who you need to call, recommended to me by a judge for him being known to get things done. Christopher Trahan out of Lafayette. Get ya checkbook handy though! $$$$$
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

move to TX and the state will tell him what he is gonna pay and also how high to jump