SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039
Default Bl 11/26/2016

Grabbed a half quarter shrimp from Cal. Pt. and hit the water around 7:30am with my buddy Greg.

As we turned into Turner's, boats and birds were plenty. Oh yeah. And then there was this wind to go with it. After fruitlessly trying to chase the birds around, decided to anchor up and wait. Caught a few nice 16" - 18" or so specks and a couple of dinks before the bite died around 8:30. All caught on live shrimp under a popping cork.

Tried a few spots in the ship channel to see if we could find some reds. Nothing.

Headed to mid lake to see if we could find some more birds. With the wind still clipping pretty good, any time we did see birds they were 5 miles away before we could get a cast off.

Fished a bit more around mid lake in whatever protected water we could find to get out of the wind a bit. No fish but did a fair amount of exploring (I'm still trying to figure out how to create productive trips on Big Lake).

Went to the Grand Bayou weir to find the boats stacked 6 deep. There was a decent amount of water moving from the bayou into the lake. As a few boats were producing decent reds every so often we decided to make our monthly contribution of tackle to the weir gods. The gods were displeased with our offerings and awarded us with no fish to show for our effort.

Decided to head back to Turners and look for more birds on the way back. Zero birds.

Determined to grind out a meal or two we started drifting Turner's around the island. There was one other boat there with a few wade fishermen. Texans. Definitely loud. A lot of yelling about how there are no 8# trout in this lake and how they'd have to drive at least an hour to get to the nearest Whataburger. Oh yeah. And Arby's sucks.

Kept drifting for a while until the bite turned back on around 5:30PM. Picked up another few decent specks, a couple of nice sized white trout, and handful of dinks. There was a flounder in there somewhere as well. In the evening, couldn't buy a bite on live shrimp. All fish were caught on gulp new penny on the bottom (actually, they preferred the gulp about 1' off the bottom on a drop sinker rig vs. dragging with a jig head 4 to 1).

Ended the day with about 6 specks, 4-6 whites, a flounder, and a sheepshead.

While I was out, I noticed that pier next to the Blue Camp appears to be public (based on the limit and stash-your-trash signs). Is that public and open?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161126_161743_picmonkeyed.jpg (37.7 KB, 232 views)
Old 11-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

That wharf is private

I believe that place has different church groups or functions throughout the year

That's why they put signs up for guest
Old 11-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
That wharf is private

I believe that place has different church groups or functions throughout the year

That's why they put signs up for guest
Thanks. That makes sense. Was out at night a few weeks ago and thought for certain I would have noticed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2016, 07:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

I believe there is a public wharft over there , just not the blue camp one