SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 09-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773
Default Financial advisor in Lake Charles

Any advice for a good retirement financial advisor in the Lake Charles area to handle my 401 (K)? I moved just about everything to money market last year when the market was at 17K (I was laid off) and ready to get back in….
Old 09-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

In my younger days I had several "advisors".

I say several because they are like "car sale persons", they come a go, most don't stay long. Some advisors were fairly good but back then they got commissions so they pushed for sales and buys. Some did not seem to have very much knowledge about the stock market.

Also back 30+ years ago, information was not readily available like today. Information was days or weeks old by the time you got it.

If you want to go with an "advisor"..... which is an important decision, talk to several people before you give them your money. An advisor should talk with you about each transaction BEFORE it is made..... not after.

Most brokerage firms have online access where you can make the buy or sale of stocks and doing so is easy..... kind of like online shopping, but you are buying stocks.

I would advise staying away from buying "penny" stocks.....ie. small cap stock valued very low. Yes you can buy a lot of shares when a share cost less than $ 1 but these stocks are usually very risky.

Read some of the older post..... lots of good advice.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

W

But seriously hard to beat Vanguard index
Old 09-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Redfish

I'm with Fidelity now, and have had Vangaurd in the past. Looking for more personilized service. Folks at Fidelity can only advise you per the "party line", which really doesn't make it seem like they give a sh*t about the individual.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Barry Terrell at the Firm of Louisiana. This is all he's ever done and he learned the business from his dad. I can honestly say that I've never questioned anything we've done. Also have the peace of mind that heaven forbid anything were to ever happen to me, my wife knows to make one call to him and everything will be taken care of. PM me your contact info if you'd like and I can explain more.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Barry Terrell at the Firm of Louisiana. This is all he's ever done and he learned the business from his dad. I can honestly say that I've never questioned anything we've done. Also have the peace of mind that heaven forbid anything were to ever happen to me, my wife knows to make one call to him and everything will be taken care of. PM me your contact info if you'd like and I can explain more.
Thanks for the info. Sent you a PM.