SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 362
Default Cameron/holly beach

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the surf looks like down around Cameron/holly beach. Boats in the shop so limited to surf fishing at the moment but don't want to go there if it's just not worth it. Will be first time going west. From Baton Rouge and Usually fish grand isle/ lafourche area. Wind has the water dirty in grand isle so hoping its cleaner west of here. Looking for trout in particular but I ain't too picky lol. Thanks in advance. Ryan
Old 04-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Well, since nobody has posted, I'll give my opinion. I haven't been down that way but, with all the muddy rivers draining right now and with the winds lately, I'm betting its muddy. There are several bank fishing places south of Hackberry though. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 07:14 AM
Sand Trout

Thank you. I appreciate the reply. I will take a look at google earth and ty to find something. I did notice on the west side of Sabine lake that there's what looks to be rocks lining both the north and south levee roads. Might try that out. Seems like I could just park my truck and fish for a while and move up and down if necessary. The ole lady is hosting a bridal shower at my house Saturday so there's no chance in hell im hanging around all that estrogen for 4 hours lol. Thanks Marsh. Good fishin. Ryan
Old 04-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

Yeah it's been windy a lot so I don't think it's been super fishable. Some fish are starting to show up on the beach front, but its certainly not optimal with the surf and wind.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 532

Left there yesterday I was fishing sabine lake. The surf looked worse than the miss. river.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Thank you. I appreciate the reply. I will take a look at google earth and ty to find something. I did notice on the west side of Sabine lake that there's what looks to be rocks lining both the north and south levee roads. Might try that out or even try getting a new proline bowstring for compound bows maybe- https://www.prolinebowstrings.com/sh...cable-package/. Seems like I could just park my truck and fish for a while and move up and down if necessary. The ole lady is hosting a bridal shower at my house Saturday so there's no chance in hell im hanging around all that estrogen for 4 hours lol. Thanks Marsh. Good fishin. Ryan
Everything looked good to me as well.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Sand Trout

How did Sabine look perch
Old 04-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Go to below site for daily Satellite pic's of the coastline. They usually update around 2-3:00 PM daily. A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/...esolution=250m
Old 04-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Sand Trout

Very cool. Thank you
Old 04-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

Ryan, we stopped at hog island and caught about 1.5 dozen crabs then drove to Sabine and caught about 3 dozen more followed by hitting the Jetties today around noon........it sucked. Wind was blowing and I only got one bite. We turned back around and stopped at Holly Beach, wind was bad and the water looked nasty. I drove up the road and bought 10lbs of shrimp then drove back to Pineville...lol. My boat was running but I didn't have anyone to go with me.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Sand Trout

Well at least you got a few crabs and shrimp out of the trip. I appreciate the report. Think I'm going to catch up on a few hunny-do's and relax a little this weekend. Hoping next weekend will be a little better. Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 04:33 AM
Sand Trout

Couldn't stand it. Thanks to JrChip the satellite image looks like grand isle has cleaned up some and the winds are laying down just a bit for today so I'm headed south. Will update y'all when I'm done cleaning fish (hopefully).