SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174
Arrow STOP starting fights

In the open area. Negative comments on reports will not be allowed PERIOD. Four infractions have been given so far tonight and one long time member was banned. Enough is enough, people are not going to post on here if they are going to get thrown under the bus like they have been for the last two weeks. I'm not having it.....

I want to thank those of you that reported these incidents tonight, I was at a basketball game with my son or I would have done something sooner.

If you want to fight do it in the premium section.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Pretty sad when you gotta babysit grown men
Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Pretty sad when you gotta babysit grown men
Exactly, my time is more valuable than this, there are times when I want to pull the plug on the entire site and wash my hands of it, this is one of those days. I was at my son's game when I started seeing emails about the site going into meltdown.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Site Owner/Admin

While I am at it, the bashig of our neighbors to the West in the great state of Texas is getting also out of hand.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Casey,

This can be a good site if we all keep the original mission - a place to share success and have fun with our experiences in wonderful Louisiana is kept in mind. Most of the folks on here want just that, and enjoy the site for the reports and info shared while poking a little fun at one another on occassion. Just want to thank you for keeping this site up and running. I enjoy it! So, don't let the actions of a few ruin the success of the site for you. Thanks for keeping this thing going!

Dan
Old 03-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
Casey,

This can be a good site if we all keep the original mission - a place to share success and have fun with our experiences in wonderful Louisiana is kept in mind. Most of the folks on here want just that, and enjoy the site for the reports and info shared while poking a little fun at one another on occassion. Just want to thank you for keeping this site up and running. I enjoy it! So, don't let the actions of a few ruin the success of the site for you. Thanks for keeping this thing going!

Dan
Heaven forbid someone post a detailed report with gps.coords, because everyone will get bent out of shape. Otherwise this is a good site with good people, ive been posting.less due to the flaming and bashing. Its the internet guys, no one needs to try and flex their e-muscles.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Site Owner/Admin

I posted this on another thread but I beleive it is worth re-posting...

I need you guys posting reports, this is a fishing/hunting site. Please keep the reports coming, if someone bashes your report or questions you about your fish please report the post in the upper right hand corner of the post (triangle) and that person will receive an immediate infraction and possibly be banned. We will also delete any negativity on a report post. We have to keep the fishing and hunting reports clean. I have threatened this before but if people can't act right we will do what other sites have done and treat the reports section like the classified section and keep it open only to the original poster. Maybe that is the right solution anyway.

Also remember guys you get $30 SC cash for a report and picture and I plan to auction off Costa’s, rods and LSU tickets this year just to name a few items.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

We've all seen more than one Web Site get messed up with bickering, and we could all name a few that have tanked because of borderline bullies that pounce on everything/everyone. About Six months ago when I first happened on Saltycajun, what struck me immediately was the positive remarks and helpful attitude of some of the more knowledgeable members (experienced fisherman). What may start out as a humorous remark, often makes someone offended, and off it goes. Hope it doesn't happen here.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

I'm going fishing.. reports = $30??
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Ling

Cash: 512

I got a years worth of reports from last year i didnt post cus of the same thing. Can i post em n get $$$$$$$ now???
Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I'm going fishing.. reports = $30??
Salty Cajun Cash but nice try.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
I got a years worth of reports from last year i didnt post cus of the same thing. Can i post em n get $$$$$$$ now???
When you post them this year you have my word that I will not put up with anyone bashing the report. If it happens report it and myself or the mods will take care of it. This year is going to be different.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
When you post them this year you have my word that I will not put up with anyone bashing the report. If it happens report it and myself or the mods will take care of it. This year is going to be different.
Fa sho!
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
We've all seen more than one Web Site get messed up with bickering, and we could all name a few that have tanked because of borderline bullies that pounce on everything/everyone. About Six months ago when I first happened on Saltycajun, what struck me immediately was the positive remarks and helpful attitude of some of the more knowledgeable members (experienced fisherman). What may start out as a humorous remark, often makes someone offended, and off it goes. Hope it doesn't happen here.
Thank you for your comments, we have some very knowledgeable fishermen and hunters on this site. Like you I do not want to see it become what all of the others sites have become.
Site Owner/Admin

So guys is the answer to just make reports open to the orginal poster only like the classified section? You still will get your $30 SC cash but people will not be able to make comments. Thoughts?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Salty Cajun Cash but nice try.

Thats what I meant Boss Man. Its all good.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Thats what I meant Boss Man. Its all good.
Well bring it, lets see the reports.
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316
Churn

Quote:
So guys is the answer to just make reports open to the orginal poster only like the classified section? You still will get your $30 SC cash but people will not be able to make comments. Thoughts?
No way, that is no good IMO ....honestly I think it's all about judgement and knowing who u r messin/ poking fun at. I will poke fun at say, W or Micah because I know them n they know my sence of humor but I won't say the same thing to a new guy or someone I don't know because they don't know me ...
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
I think alot of times a good discussion comes from the comments on the reports. We as members just need to police ourselves better to not let a little joke or something get out of hand and start a fight on a report. I think that cutting off comments should be the last resort. Is there any way to make it where certain people cant comment on a report? Like say you get an infraction 2 times for bashing or starting a fight just remove their privileges from commenting in the reports section for a month or something
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
No way, that is no good IMO ....honestly I think it's all about judgement and knowing who u r messin/ poking fun at. I will poke fun at say, W or Micah because I know them n they know my sence of humor but I won't say the same thing to a new guy or someone I don't know because they don't know me ...
agreed
Closed Thread