Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 08-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper3726 View Post
What was their reason?

Does LAM sell them .?

I have spoken with the designer of these boats for the past 2 weeks, begging him to go back to the original design. He seems to think the new design is faster, and it is, if the boat is totally empty. I just don't fish or hunt with an empty boat and don't know of anyone that does. He basically turned this boat into a single purpose race boat. With the new design, I'm talking about if you put ONE battery up front, you lose 10 mph. We tested it with a TLDI, a hot 3 cylinder 25hp Yamaha, and a very, very hot 40hp Merc. Same results with all those motors and about 10 different propellers.
These boats were originally desined for the guys in Arkansas that hunt flooded timber. I guess they all run empty boats, I don't, and neither do most of the guys I help with their rigs????
D
Old 08-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,301

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
I have spoken with the designer of these boats for the past 2 weeks, begging him to go back to the original design. He seems to think the new design is faster, and it is, if the boat is totally empty. I just don't fish or hunt with an empty boat and don't know of anyone that does. He basically turned this boat into a single purpose race boat. With the new design, I'm talking about if you put ONE battery up front, you lose 10 mph. We tested it with a TLDI, a hot 3 cylinder 25hp Yamaha, and a very, very hot 40hp Merc. Same results with all those motors and about 10 different propellers.
These boats were originally desined for the guys in Arkansas that hunt flooded timber. I guess they all run empty boats, I don't, and neither do most of the guys I help with their rigs????
D
He won't do 2 models? He should still have the old molds.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
He won't do 2 models? He should still have the old molds.

He altered his old jigs to build the new boats, so he doesn't have the old style jigs. And he refuses to build both????? I just hope he is humble enough to admit a mistake and return to the successful model when sales begin to plummet.
D
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Trophy Trout

Well folks, it appears that the builder has seen thge light. He is now building straight bottom boats again. I have seen 3 of his latest and they are rockets.
D
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Well folks, it appears that the builder has seen thge light. He is now building straight bottom boats again. I have seen 3 of his latest and they are rockets.
D
Danny, what kinda speeds are you seeing out of the 556/TLDI combo? Loaded and empty?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salyfz View Post
Danny, what kinda speeds are you seeing out of the 556/TLDI combo? Loaded and empty?
Have not set oneof the "new" Edge's up with a TLDI, yet. The straight bottom Edge's were running mid to upper 40's with one battery and fuel tank. The one I set up would run 42 with 2 men, gear, and trolling motor with batteries.
D
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Flounder

Cash: 622

I have a 2012 model and so far i'm not too impressed. I bought the 656 in October and it has been at Lake Area waiting for the Edge rep for almost 3 weeks due to 4 cracked welds in the floor. I must say that Lake Area has been awesome in helping to resolve the issue but now there hands are tied until the rep shows up.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I would think that if you took a bunch of good quality pictures of the cracks and sent the picture to them, the problem could be resolved in a day or two.

I did this when I worked and had problems with plant equipment.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Flounder

From what I understand, the service manager has already sent the edge rep pics of the cracks. They said he would be here next week to look at it personally. Thanks for the advise though.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Trophy Trout

I can assure you, it's not Lake Area that is failing. The folks at Edge seem to be getting worse instead of better at their Customer Service. I have personally watched Gerald and Kyle sit for hours trying to talk with the Edge rep. At that really sucks, from what I'm told, they are now back to building their hulls as originally designed. The originals were rockets.
D
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Flounder

After purchasing my boat, i talked with several people who have told me the original hulls were crazy fast. Kyle at Lake Area has done everything he could to get the issue resolved and I have no complaints with there customer service. The service manager from Lake area told me the Edge rep did not sound surprised about the cracks in the welds, so there apparently is some design flaws.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Flounder

Just a little update. As of today I still have not had my boat repaired or even looked at. Ive called lake area and never got a call back. Im trying to be patient but its hard when you have a 3 month old boat thats broken and nothing is getting resolved. I apologize guys, just venting.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON5082 View Post
Just a little update. As of today I still have not had my boat repaired or even looked at. Ive called lake area and never got a call back. Im trying to be patient but its hard when you have a 3 month old boat thats broken and nothing is getting resolved. I apologize guys, just venting.
That sucks!!!

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON5082 View Post

I would be looking into Lemon Laws .... This day and age, there is no reason for lack of resolution...

Good luck and keep us posted...

Hydro
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
I would be looking into Lemon Laws .... This day and age, there is no reason for lack of resolution...

Good luck and keep us posted...

Hydro
X2

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

That or possibly the better business bureau maybe?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Flounder

Thanks for the suggestions. I just spoke with mark at lake area. He told me he has already sent another boat back to edge for the same problem. He says when edge figures out why the welds are breaking then there gonna ship my boat back to be repaired. So now im still stuck with no boat for who knows how long. Once again, lake area has done their part but now waiting on edge.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Sounds like in the mean time someone needs to cough up a loaner boat or else deduct payments every month your sits useless least
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Flounder

Im actually researching lemon laws regarding boats. I may have to contact my attorney before its over.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

With the amount of crickets you are hearing from the mfg, I wouldn't doubt they will be filling chapter 7 soon. Your boat is probably not the first to have problems from a design flaw and small companies can't eat what they are going to eat and stay in business. Good Luck