Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
With the amount of crickets you are hearing from the mfg, I wouldn't doubt they will be filling chapter 7 soon. Your boat is probably not the first to have problems from a design flaw and small companies can't eat what they are going to eat and stay in business. Good Luck
My thoughts to.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
With the amount of crickets you are hearing from the mfg, I wouldn't doubt they will be filling chapter 7 soon. Your boat is probably not the first to have problems from a design flaw and small companies can't eat what they are going to eat and stay in business. Good Luck
Waco Manufacturing is not a very small boat company. They are "Edge Boats by Waco Manufacturing".
It is simply the owner not taking care of business.
D
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

I understand that Danny but Edge is a separate corp and profit ctr. If it were my boat, they would see a scorched earth campaign via Internet on every site in America.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
I understand that Danny but Edge is a separate corp and profit ctr. If it were my boat, they would see a scorched earth campaign via Internet on every site in America.
Raymond, not really. It is a complicated relationship between Waco and Edge. Edge is flying under the Waco flag for several reasons, one happens to be a no compete clause Tim signed with Excel Boats. Tim started the Excel company, then sold it with a "no compete" clause, so Edge is actually a brand of Waco, not a separate entity.

I know what you mean. If you want to get their attention, go to their facebook page and state your complaints, with pictures. Then go to refugeforums.com to the arkansas forums and start hounding them there. Go where he sells the most boats and start complaining, THAT will get his attention. If the refuge forums give you trouble, and they might, start a thread titled Edge customer service and link it to your facebook page where you state your case. I still say Edge's facebook page is the tender spot for them, they love all the praise, but just like when I complained to the owner when he changed the bottom, he begged me not to go public on the internet with it. I went everywhere I had praised ansd endorsed their boats and stated the problem, I soon got a call from Tim Scott, the owner. He said, and I quote, "you are taking food from my kids table". I told him folks that bought his boats had kids to feed also and they had done nothing wrong. It worked, he changed the bottom back to the original design. I feel terrible about this whole fiasco, I endorsed thei boats till he changed the bottom design.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/EdgeBoats?fref=ts

If the above does not work, call Waco Boats and talk with the owner, tell him the problem and how you have been ignored by Tim. I have been to their factory, the owner will tell Tim he MUST fix the problem. It is not only a bad impression for Edge, it also reflects on Waco Boats. Tim has about 1/4 of the Waco factory as his section to build boats. Without Waco backing, there would be no Edge boats.
If you want help, I would be happy to help. I will take the pictures, copy you reciept for the date sold, I want you to write every date you went to Lake Area and who you talked with and what you were told. I want documentation, I will fax it to Waco's owner and ask him when this problem will be resolved or give him a cutoff date before he must speak to your attorney. The owner of Waco does not play games, he can kick them out of his facility in a heartbeat. That normally gets them moving, but, I can assure you that the owner of Waco has absolutely no knowledge of your problem.
This is Tim Scott playing games. He will stop the games when it begins to cost him, just like when he changed the bottom. Tim tends to ignore any problems until he is forced to face them. The man is a genius when it comes to designing boats, but, he is a terrible businessman.
D

Last edited by CajunChristian; 01-22-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Flounder

Cash: 622

I will be speaking with the owner of waco soon. Thanks again Danny for the information. Ill keep yall updated.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Flounder

Just Left a message for Tom the owner waco. The guy who answered the phone told me they have had several meetings with the owner of edge about his customer service, or lack of. Now just waiting on a call back.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON5082 View Post
I will be speaking with the owner of waco soon. Thanks again Danny for the information. Ill keep yall updated.
People don't come much better than Danny. He's helped me more than I deserve. One of the best people I've ever met. Hope your problem gets solved.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Flounder

Here's some pics of the welds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 219.jpg (34.4 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg 220.jpg (40.3 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg 222.jpg (44.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 223.jpg (39.1 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 224.jpg (33.9 KB, 207 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Sailfish

I think I could weld better than that. Man I feel for ya.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Trophy Trout

That is some ugly work.
D
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Flounder

Yea I'm sure you could. lol Big thanks goes out to Danny. I think I'm on the right path to getting something done about it. He has been more help than anyone.....even the dealer.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Flounder

Well I just posted some pictures on the Edge Facebook page, along with a few words to the owner. Hopefully that will get some attention.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

This is a sad situation, I looked at these boats at last yrs boat show and really liked them but couldn't stomach paying their price and after hearing this I am very glad I didn't... good luck on your situation.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Flounder

Posted pics of the welds on fb last night and got a call at 7 this morning from the owner of Edge. He apologized several times and is driving down next week to pick my boat up. He begged me to remove the pics from fb. I told him I would comment on them saying he is fixing the problem but would not remove them until its fixed. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. Ill keep yall posted.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

I'm beside myself thinking of how they could let welds that look like that even leave their shop. That's a shame! If something that easy to spot gets by, what else is or could be lurking??

Hope this situation turns out for the better!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Like I said, it's all about shot placement. Hit the right spot, you get results Now, that being said, I really wouldn't put much stock in what Tim told you about "next week", his "next week" and our "next week" may be months apart. I have heard him tell Lake Area "next week" and not show up for 3 months. Don't lose the owner of Waco's number.
D
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Looks like some of my welds lol. That is typical for thin aluminum to crack on side the weld. My weldbuilt is the same way. My next boat will be 100 gauge.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Trophy Trout

I found your post and the pic. I told you it would get quick results. Now, I will take bets on Tim showing up next week. I'll give you 2-1 odds that he won't show next week. There will be an excuse such as he had to go to Kentucky for warranty work, his welder was out sick, his uncle's counin's nephew 's wife had a baby.

Stay on that facebook page. Get the guys from here to go to that post and make comments. When Tim sees that it is costing him big money, something will get done. With Tim, the squeekiest wheel get the grease first. He has so many waranty problems, he takes care of the most vocal first.
I beleive that a company should sell a quality product and back it.
Danny
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
I found your post and the pic. I told you it would get quick results. Now, I will take bets on Tim showing up next week. I'll give you 2-1 odds that he won't show next week. There will be an excuse such as he had to go to Kentucky for warranty work, his welder was out sick, his uncle's counin's nephew 's wife had a baby.

Stay on that facebook page. Get the guys from here to go to that post and make comments. When Tim sees that it is costing him big money, something will get done. With Tim, the squeekiest wheel get the grease first. He has so many waranty problems, he takes care of the most vocal first.
I beleive that a company should sell a quality product and back it.
Danny
Two of us did and hopefully it'll help.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
People don't come much better than Danny. He's helped me more than I deserve. One of the best people I've ever met. Hope your problem gets solved.
I agree 100 percent, Danny helped me out with my Edge problem!

Aaron5082, Tim's "next week" and my "next week" were about 2 months apart! Lake Area ended up taking care of my Edge not Tim!