Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Two of us did and hopefully it'll help.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Just commented as well, hope it all gets resolved for you. THose are some sweet looking boats!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Flounder

Cash: 622

Mark from Lake Area just called and asked me to bring my boat up there. Gerald has one of his guys leaving at 2am tomm. to drop my boat off at Edge. From what ive gathered Tim and Gerald have had some words this morning and there not waiting on tim's (in a week) lines he told me. So again thanks to Lake area for doing their part.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON5082 View Post
Mark from Lake Area just called and asked me to bring my boat up there. Gerald has one of his guys leaving at 2am tomm. to drop my boat off at Edge. From what ive gathered Tim and Gerald have had some words this morning and there not waiting on tim's (in a week) lines he told me. So again thanks to Lake area for doing their part.
I had a problem with a alweld I bought from them in 04. They took care of me getting me a different boat.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
I had a problem with a alweld I bought from them in 04. They took care of me getting me a different boat.

I bought my boat from them 3 years ago. They are very straightforward and helpful. I'll deal with them any day over Jerry's. Unless you're buyin a $65k Shearwater you're wasting Jerry's time. Lake Area doesn't make you feel that way.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Looks like they need to get whoever welds for them some scaling guns. Them weld look like crap. Hopefully your problem gets solved. If I remember I'll get on FB tonight and comment on the pictures.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Looks like your pic and comments on facebook are gone??????
D
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Looks like your pic and comments on facebook are gone??????
D
I just looked and couldnt find anything
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Sailfish

I looked earlier also and saw that it was removed. I think I've made up my mind on buying one.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Oh well, it got the desired result, the wheels are rolling now. The best thing that could happen is if they offered you a new boat. The new boats with the straight bottom are about 5-8 mph fasteron a loaded boat than the hooked boats.
D
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Oh well, it got the desired result, the wheels are rolling now. The best thing that could happen is if they offered you a new boat. The new boats with the straight bottom are about 5-8 mph fasteron a loaded boat than the hooked boats.
D
It did do that.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Flounder

I looked on fb earlier and couldn't find my post. I guess he didnt care for the negative comments and deleted it. Well my boat will be delivered to him this morning. Hopefully all goes well and he dosent drag his feet on the repairing it. Ill keep you guys updated. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
This will get the boat to the Edge people, but real question is will you get the boat back .......in a week? Be sure to inspect all the repair work before you take the boat back home.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Flounder

Im not sure how long its gonna take to get the boat back. Hopefully not to long, but I have a feeling it might be awhile. I have a good friend that works in a machine shop. I will be bringing him along when I pick it up so he can look it over. I would really hope that the owner is a man of his word and takes care of this. Im really having my doubts so far.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Swordfish

I don't know what you know about welding aluminum but I cant tell you this.

Those welds will have be grinded out, and since its in a corner that means they going to have to use a die grinder which is going to take a little while. All of the paint has to be removed in order to make a nice weld. You can't make a good weld on dirty aluminum, espcially as thin as an aluminum boat is. Then it will need to be repainted. I would have them send me some pics of whats been repaired the boat leaves Arkansas. Then i would inspect it once more before I take it from the Marina.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I had the same problem with my weldbuilt when it was brand new. Went back to jerrys and 9 months later I had my boat and it's never been the same since. If I were you I'd tell them to give u a new boat.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Trophy Trout

I'm guessing three months later you wil be calling them again. I sure hope I'm wrong. Maybe someone should got ohis facebook page and post a link to this thread
D
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Please allow me to reiterate: Gerald and Kyle at Lake Area have done nothing wrong. I feel that they have gone overboard trying to resolve these Edge problems, and yes, this ain't the first one, that was a collosal lie to say only 4 problems out of 400 plus boats.. It's tough for Lake Area to show good customer service when dealing with a manufacturer that continues to lie about pickup times, repair times, delivery times, everything. Gerald and Kyle have too much class to put the blame where it belongs. Like I told Tim, you boys in Arkansas may do business this way, you ain't gonna last long down here. The bad part is, he builds a rocket. I got the first 556 he built, there is nothing that I don't love about the boat.
Gerald supported me when I raced for Tohatsu Factory, and I still hold him in highest regards as a friend and businessman. It appears that Kyle is a chip off the old block, great folks. There isn't much that I wouldn't do for either of them. So please, don't blame them for someone else's lack of character.
D
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,547

Quote:
I looked on fb earlier and couldn't find my post. I guess he didnt care for the negative comments and deleted it. Well my boat will be delivered to him this morning. Hopefully all goes well and he dosent drag his feet on the repairing it. Ill keep you guys updated. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
hell make an Edge Boats Problems facebook page...then you can edit it...lol
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Flounder

Cajunchristian. You are absolutely right. Gerald and kyle have been more than helpful. Gerald sent one of his own employees to bring my boat back just so I wouldn't have to wait for tims "next week" games ive heard so much about. (Imo that should not be his responsibilty) I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about the staff at LAM and will recommend and promote their business to everyone I can find who is looking for great customer service.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Trophy Trout

And lest anyone think I applaud Lake Area simply because they sponsored my race boat, that was 15 years ago. I retired from racing in 1999. We have remained friends long after the racing career ended.
D