SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Ling

Cash: 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
agreed
Yup. I only poke fun at guys i know. No newbies. Plus i usually just jack their thread anyway lol
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
agreed
Shut up bobby <-------------
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
No way, that is no good IMO ....honestly I think it's all about judgement and knowing who u r messin/ poking fun at. I will poke fun at say, W or Micah because I know them n they know my sence of humor but I won't say the same thing to a new guy or someone I don't know because they don't know me ...
I have never seen you go after a new guy or someone that you do not know which I appreciate. That being said when the new guy sees you guys going back and forth in reports the new guy might avoid positing a report so he isn't treated the same way. Those long W threads in the reports section hurt the site from a report encouragement perspective.

I do not want to kill the ability for people to reply to reports, I think that would also hurt the site but we can't keep going in the direction that we are going.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
Yup. I only poke fun at guys i know. No newbies. Plus i usually just jack their thread anyway lol
Shut up Jason <-------------
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I have never seen you go after a new guy or someone that you do not know which I appreciate. That being said when the new guy sees you guys going back and forth in reports the new guy might avoid positing a report so he isn't treated the same way. Those long W threads in the reports section hurt the site from a report encouragement perspective.

I do not want to kill the ability for people to reply to reports, I think that would also hurt the site but we can't keep going in the direction that we are going.
I can see where u comin from
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Ling

Hey casey. What about this: would it be difficult fer it ta only let people who r ya friends ta comment?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Ling

[quote=fishinpox;403206]Shut up Jason I run a haynie n use waterloos n cores. Step off im doin da hump
Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300

Quote:
I think alot of times a good discussion comes from the comments on the reports. We as members just need to police ourselves better to not let a little joke or something get out of hand and start a fight on a report. I think that cutting off comments should be the last resort. Is there any way to make it where certain people cant comment on a report? Like say you get an infraction 2 times for bashing or starting a fight just remove their privileges from commenting in the reports section for a month or something
Agree
Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
I got a years worth of reports from last year i didnt post cus of the same thing. Can i post em n get $$$$$$$ now???
Call J.G Wentworth....its your money and you want it now!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Boy View Post
Call J.G Wentworth....its your money and you want it now!!!
Lol
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

This site has been up and down and bought and sold a few times since it's inception,
the same problems have been here since the start.
I have over the last 18 months asked a few guides and marinas to advertize and / or post on the site .But when they came here to look around, i got a Thanks but no thanks from all of them. The word i got from ALL OF THEM was . Most post turn into a joke ,a pissing match or some ones ego trip. In their opinion it would be a waste of their time.
I couldn't refute anything they said because it was true.
Hopefully things can change and the site can keep growing.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Quote:
I think alot of times a good discussion comes from the comments on the reports. We as members just need to police ourselves better to not let a little joke or something get out of hand and start a fight on a report. I think that cutting off comments should be the last resort. Is there any way to make it where certain people cant comment on a report? Like say you get an infraction 2 times for bashing or starting a fight just remove their privileges from commenting in the reports section for a month or something
This is the part that our Problem Children don't get. Yes we are all adults here and should be able to police ourselves but time and time again certain individuals have proven they not have this ability.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
This site has been up and down and bought and sold a few times since it's inception,
the same problems have been here since the start.
I have over the last 18 months asked a few guides and marinas to advertize and / or post on the site .But when they came here to look around, i got a Thanks but no thanks from all of them. The word i got from ALL OF THEM was . Most post turn into a joke ,a pissing match or some ones ego trip. In their opinion it would be a waste of their time.
I couldn't refute anything they said because it was true.
Hopefully things can change and the site can keep growing.
This site is more stable from an ownership perspective right now than it ever has been in the past so that is a non issue. Also more thought (and money) goes back into this site now than it ever has before. I disagree with your up and down comment at least under my leadership but you can have your opinion. My consistency with infractions and decsions has been just that, consistent. Keep in mind I run three other businesses this being the smallest so I do not have all day to babysit people on here. I get no less than 20 PM's a day and I answer all of them no matter how inmaterial they may in fact be.

This is not a thread where I want to see people rant about the history of the site, that is the past. I want suggestions and I want to see people post reports, that's it.

Also if these "people" do not want to advertise with us or guides do not want to post that does not bother me. We grew at an 80% pace last year and we are adding 200+ members per month. We will pass Rodnreel.com as the number 2 site in the state later this year. SaltyCajun is far from "broken" but can be improved. If you think it is doom and gloom on here then you are very mistaken.

This is a great site that has helped alot of people I just want to see it get even better.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Quote:
I agree also
Old 03-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Site Owner/Admin

I agree guys I want to keep the reports open but to do that I need your help as follows:

1) If you someone bash a report please report it so we can stop it and take action.

2) Post your own reports, we do not get enough reports on the site. If the number of reports does not pick up I can only assume it is due to our policy on reports so I will have to make a change to try and encourage more reports. Remember it is worth $30 SC cash towards free items.

3) Keep the fighting and insults down in the premium area, the open area is intended to be a fishing/hunting site.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

I really enjoy the fishing reports especially those of Big Lake, because I can't make it down there as much and like to keep up with the action, however, I do more freshwater fishing since I live on Black River Lake, so I will start to post some reports from over here soon.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
I really enjoy the fishing reports especially those of Big Lake, because I can't make it down there as much and like to keep up with the action, however, I do more freshwater fishing since I live on Black River Lake, so I will start to post some reports from over here soon.
That's the ticket! Thanks

+1
Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
Thank you sir.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I agree guys I want to keep the reports open but to do that I need your help as follows:

1) If you someone bash a report please report it so we can stop it and take action.

2) Post your own reports, we do not get enough reports on the site. If the number of reports does not pick up I can only assume it is due to our policy on reports so I will have to make a change to try and encourage more reports. Remember it is worth $30 SC cash toward free items.

3) Keep the fighting and insults down in the premium area, the open area is intended to be a fishing/hunting site.
Do you have a moderating team on this site? One person cannot police this big of a site; way to much work. Perhaps have 2 mods per section that are logged on most of the day. Have an area for discussion that only mods have access to. Quick pulling of post and temp. baning of poster might help alleviate future problems...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Do you have a moderating team on this site? One person cannot police this big of a site; way to much work. Perhaps have 2 mods per section that are logged on most of the day. Have an area for discussion that only mods have access to. Quick pulling of post and temp. baning of poster might help alleviate future problems...
We have 3 plus me and we are about to add a 4th that will be announced on Monday. Our new members are up 80% while we only added one mod last year. I agree we need more folks involved.
Closed Thread