SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinKeen View Post
Great site, keep up the good work! Do you get points for hunting reports also?
Yes sir, you sure do! Unless you're hunting members of this site.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Yes sir, you sure do! Unless you're hunting members of this site.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Most folks would like to comment on a report by saying "nice Mess" or something like "you catch em on top?". I don't think comments on posts should be prohibited but bashing or negativity should not be tolerated. It's real simple, if you don't have something positive to say, just don't say anything.

Mcjaredsandwich hit the nail on the head. A few days ago Evis posted up a report with gps cords and people went nuts. They acted like those cords came off of their personal gps. The man caught a nice mess and was gracious enough to share his spot. He was trying to help and folks gave him hell for it. I really couldn't believe the reaction of some of the folks on here. If we had more folks like Evis instead of those that black out every telephone pole in the background we might have a better site. Sure, nobody is entitled to your gps cords or your spot and if you want to keep that a secret it's all good, but what good does a report do if you don't provide any info that is of any value.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296
Default Great Site

This site offers a tremendous amount of information on fishing, hunting, equipment, and general discussion that we as sportsmen enoy. Enjoy the threads as they are, don't alter for a few that bring trouble, your mods can take care of them. Good work fella's!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346
Thumbs up

i agree 1000% and i applaud Casey and the mods for working aggressivly to move this site onward and upward in a positive direction!

IMO it would be a shame if we couldn't comment on reports, i really enjoy the conversations that evolve from the info the reports contain.

we can keep it simple:
bash a report once - ban hammer drops
Old 03-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

[QUOTE=
we can keep it simple:
bash a report once - ban hammer drops[/QUOTE]

x2

Pay up and go premium and bicker all day long if that is what your heart desires.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Casey, the up and down comment was not meant since you took over the site.
I have been here since almost the start of SC and seen the turf wars ,the hostile takeovers ,the ego trips etc.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542
Thumbs up

I personally believe this is the best site on the web PERIOD.. I stay away from sites like Facebook because of all the drama and I don't think SC is anywhere near that level. I do not know one single person on here at all, but reading the comments posted throughout the site, I feel like everyone here is exactly like me (and can sometimes get a little out of control). With work, school, and a new baby I have no time to fish, and when I do I don't have the money. I stay glued to this site b/c this is the closest I will get to fishing for a while. I enjoy reading the reports and the discussions brought on by the reports. I understand how this site can be cumbersome to moderate, and that's why everyone here needs to help out on that end. I would hate to lose the only method I have of "fishing". Now go catch some fish and let me know about it!!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I personally believe this is the best site on the web PERIOD.. I stay away from sites like Facebook because of all the drama and I don't think SC is anywhere near that level. I do not know one single person on here at all, but reading the comments posted throughout the site, I feel like everyone here is exactly like me (and can sometimes get a little out of control). With work, school, and a new baby I have no time to fish, and when I do I don't have the money. I stay glued to this site b/c this is the closest I will get to fishing for a while. I enjoy reading the reports and the discussions brought on by the reports. I understand how this site can be cumbersome to moderate, and that's why everyone here needs to help out on that end. I would hate to lose the only method I have of "fishing". Now go catch some fish and let me know about it!!!!!
Agreed.....work got me tied up with no fishing in sight. Reading reports is the closest thing to it.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I was gonna comment, but my obvious intellectual superiority may have offended certain people(Meaux and Pox) so instead, ill just say "Hi and I agree"!

Glad "someone" got banned, his ego is out of control.........
Old 03-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I was gonna comment, but my obvious intellectual superiority may have offended certain people(Meaux and Pox) so instead, ill just say "Hi and I agree"!

Glad "someone" got banned, his ego is out of control.........
He's probably suicidal by now.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
He's probably suicidal by now.
u think ?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Great White

No worries....I'm pretty sure them platforms have rails.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

If i see him floating i'll tell the crane crew to pick him up..
Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

I bet he is on saltytexan now......l m a o
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

This is a prime example of the hi jacking.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I have never seen you go after a new guy or someone that you do not know which I appreciate. That being said when the new guy sees you guys going back and forth in reports the new guy might avoid positing a report so he isn't treated the same way. Those long W threads in the reports section hurt the site from a report encouragement perspective.

I do not want to kill the ability for people to reply to reports, I think that would also hurt the site but we can't keep going in the direction that we are going.
I come to this site to read reports and enjoy it very much, would really hate to see the plug pulled. There seems to be some very nice people here. I'm glad to see Ckinchen step in and take action on all the bashing of posts. Never did post for fear of being bashed and I'm sure plenty of other people feel the same way. I've gained plenty of knowledge from this site, Thank You
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
No worries....I'm pretty sure them platforms have rails.
All he need's is a toe rail.

Here's my spill. I have a wife and kids and love to fish and hunt. I don't have a boat so when I bring my son its either in my wifes uncles pond or behind a a shrimp dock that my uncle owns. If I catch my 10 puppy drum and a few sheep head I'm happy. As long as my son is having fun. No way would I post it on here because some folks would run in the ground for eating and keeping sheephead or even drum for that matter. So therefore I don't post reports.

I would bet good money I can fry up sheephead, drums or redfish and 98% of the population would not be able to tell the difference especially if it is fresh.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
This is a prime example of the hi jacking.
Yes it is. They want W to stop but they do it themselves.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Whatever is going on, its working. I see 9 reports on my phone right now!

I have my theories about what the turnaround is generated by but, they don't really matter. Hopefully, dumb stuff will stay off of the site and, people will continue to post em up. Like so many others here, reading reports is my fishing trip!
Closed Thread