SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Redfish

Cash: 4,575
Default 1/13/15 Just a few hours

I've been spending more time in the blind the last week or so than on the water. Today I got out for a solo trip on the Bluewave after Capt. Josh and I built our fish cleaning station for the new dock. I left out of the Reel Inn around 1:30. I made a total of two stops. The first stop I found the reds stacked up on a shelf near some deeper water. Water temp was 56 so the reds are hanging near that deep water right now ready for another cold front. With the low water levels it's like taking candy from a baby. If took me about 30 minutes to put 5 keepers in the K2 and 4 throwbacks. The reds were eating up my Blazin Hornet Vortex Shad with slow steady retrieval. I decided to head a little north to see if I could find some trout to play. I started off in about 6ft of water and a falling tide. Chunking my Blazin Hornet I hooked one but then it was a bunch of short strikes. I switched to a little smaller bait, a bunker tsunami and that was the ticket. I had to call it a day with 5 reds and 16 trout because I had to meet Pete with Hi and Dry Boat Lifts at 4:30. He's doing an excellent job installing our new lifts in case anyone needs a lift guy.
Capt. Travis Miller
985-981-6434
www.miller-timefishingcharters.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (50.0 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (56.7 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (41.5 KB, 266 views)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Nice catch you have there. This winter seems to be shaping up very nicely and will continue to produce some great fiah.

The bite is making it hard for me to find the time to bring Visco in for some warranty work.