SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: 604
Default Buras Fishing

Waking up yesterday morning to finally some calm winds, my buddy and I decided to take his son out to go chase some trout. Pulling into Delta Marina bright and early to a parking lot full of cars. ( by the way Delta now has live shrimp, croakers, and cockahoes). Decided to take a ride to the east side of the river. Upon arriving to Quarintine Bay we were met with a cloud of fog. We wanted to avoid the big crowd in the California Point area. The first stop was a dud, as pulling into the second stop it didint take long to find the fish, and they were eating good. We boated 34 trout and a aluminum hull with 4 guys in it decided to win the Cheevo award and troll up an anchor on top of us. As they were not catching any they proceeded to pull up their anchor and reposition on us again. Oh well that bite was over. So moved to the next spot where we lucked up and found some really nice trout. We boated another 26 or so as little man was putting a hurting on them. Nothing better than watch a 6 year old make his own cast and catch his own 3 pound trout. We shut it down at 60 between us three and moved out of the way to let some others come in on the action. There is a lot of off colored water down here if you are looking to make your own trip. But the fish are there. The birds are starting to dive, although there are a ton of undersize fish under them. The Delta Marina is in full service with ice, bait, tackle, lodging, and fish cleaning stations w/ elect. and water. All fish were caught on Deadley Dudley Salt n Pepper and Blue Moon Bay Chovies. Good luck to all this summer. Capt Matt Caire 504 382 2370
Old 05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Good report

Thanks for the Report Matt keep them coming!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Redfish

Waking up yesterday morning to finally some calm winds, my buddy and I decided to take his son out to go chase some trout. Pulling into Delta Marina bright and early to a parking lot full of cars. ( by the way Delta now has live shrimp, croakers, and cockahoes). Decided to take a ride to the east side of the river. Upon arriving to Quarintine Bay we were met with a cloud of fog. We wanted to avoid the big crowd in the California Point area. The first stop was a dud, as pulling into the second stop it didint take long to find the fish, and they were eating good. We boated 34 trout and a aluminum hull with 4 guys in it decided to win the Cheevo award and troll up an anchor on top of us. As they were not catching any they proceeded to pull up their anchor and reposition on us again. Oh well that bite was over. So moved to the next spot where we lucked up and found some really nice trout. We boated another 26 or so as little man was putting a hurting on them. Nothing better than watch a 6 year old make his own cast and catch his own 3 pound trout. We shut it down at 60 between us three and moved out of the way to let some others come in on the action. There is a lot of off colored water down here if you are looking to make your own trip. But the fish are there. The birds are starting to dive, although there are a ton of undersize fish under them. The Delta Marina is in full service with ice, bait, tackle, lodging, and fish cleaning stations w/ elect. and water. All fish were caught on Deadley Dudley Salt n Pepper and Blue Moon Bay Chovies. Good luck to all this summer. Capt Matt Caire 504 382 2370
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mattseth.jpg (39.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg fish.jpg (34.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg seth.jpg (34.7 KB, 76 views)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

nice report!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 647

Thanks for the report Matt. Does my heart good to see pics from the home waters. Is there anything as enjoyable on the water as seeing a kid catching fish?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

Matt..........I'm headin down there on Friday for the weekend.........Feel like a beer one afternoon??
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Anyone here know any franovich's from Buras ? Or LeBoeuf's ?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 647

I'm sure my grandmother knows Franovich's around there. She actually grew up IN Bayou Cook. She knows all the "tacos" Her maiden name is Rozich. Unfortunately she's 96 now and headed downhill fast.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724

Tim,who you staying with?
I may have to open up some time to make the trip down there too.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Redfish

Yeah I will be down there the whole weekend. If anyone is down there and wants to drink a beer I am all for it
Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Redfish

Haha,if Tim comes down it's gonna be much more than beer!
whiskey time!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

MOJO>...........I got the Jack in the truck already..............I'm stayin at El Matadora i think??? It's got a Buras address..........Fishin Sat. W/ Jeremy Guilbeaux and Sunday on our own..........Come on down and visit.........Our cabin is full, but he said he has more!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
MOJO>...........I got the Jack in the truck already..............I'm stayin at El Matadora i think??? It's got a Buras address..........Fishin Sat. W/ Jeremy Guilbeaux and Sunday on our own..........Come on down and visit.........Our cabin is full, but he said he has more!!!
Dude,let me talk to the wife.I need to get down there real bad.