SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Default Loggerhead's Bar

Went to Loggerhead's bar tonight for the first time with my wife and a friend. Bartenders were some of the rudest I have ever seen. Not friendly at all! One's name was Jennifer and I don't know the other's (blonde). The manager was not friendly either - didn't say a word to us.

I think the place is very nice and has some real potential. But if you have 40 year old rude bartenders not many guys will come back.

Not much of a crowd for a Saturday night either. No music playing only some TVs on ESPN, outdoor channel and FOX news.

I know the owner well and will pass my words/impression to Jim when I see him (probably at the DU state convention this coming weekend in Lafayette).

This is a first class bar on the Calcasieu river and could make or break it during these first few months in business. Hell, they don't even have a sign on the road letting people know where they are! My friend called a cab tonight because he had a few too many to drive back to Lake Charles and the cab could not find the place so I had to drive him to Granger's restaurant!

Anyone else been and have a different impression?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Not a fan of you know who.. But we weigh tournaments there. So I can't complain.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
Went to Loggerhead's bar tonight for the first time with my wife and a friend. Bartenders were some of the rudest I have ever seen. Not friendly at all! One's name was Jennifer and I don't know the other's (blonde). The manager was not friendly either - didn't say a word to us.

I think the place is very nice and has some real potential. But if you have 40 year old rude bartenders not many guys will come back.

Not much of a crowd for a Saturday night either. No music playing only some TVs on ESPN, outdoor channel and FOX news.

I know the owner well and will pass my words/impression to Jim when I see him (probably at the DU state convention this coming weekend in Lafayette).

This is a first class bar on the Calcasieu river and could make or break it during these first few months in business. Hell, they don't even have a sign on the road letting people know where they are! My friend called a cab tonight because he had a few too many to drive back to Lake Charles and the cab could not find the place so I had to drive him to Granger's restaurant!

If you know the owner so well, why would you blast his establishment on da Web? Do y'all not get along?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 AM
Flounder

Cash: 638

Why is it so taboo to give an honest review of a business? So many times I see people criticizing others for their critiques. And when you say "blast...on the web";I sense that you're implying that this is some random site that makes this critique a public bashing. As a guest of this site, not knowing anyone on here, it feels more like a place where I can be honest and have a discussion about anything. It's a place where I feel I can vent if I want because I'm talking with "friends". I think these critiques are helpful. Now if you had a different experience there, then say so. At least that way we know his experience may have just been an anomaly.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

Where is this place? May experience it myself and create my own opinion.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisen View Post
Why is it so taboo to give an honest review of a business? So many times I see people criticizing others for their critiques. And when you say "blast...on the web";I sense that you're implying that this is some random site that makes this critique a public bashing. As a guest of this site, not knowing anyone on here, it feels more like a place where I can be honest and have a discussion about anything. It's a place where I feel I can vent if I want because I'm talking with "friends". I think these critiques are helpful. Now if you had a different experience there, then say so. At least that way we know his experience may have just been an anomaly.
I agree, great post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

we went there for the 4th while cruising the river. very nice building and dock, but yeah, the bartenders were pretty overwhelmed it seemed, and were kinda rude. But I was hoping it was because they were too few of them, and they were out of everything. Hope it stays there, it's pretty cool to have a place like that on the water.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post

Only Been in there once old man mouthed off to my buddy, so we walked right out to keep my buddy from smashing his face in. He's a bit of a hot head, and that old man didnt know who he messing with. We done him a favor by taking him outside.

I'll be at the DU convention also hope to meet you out there. I'll be cooking in the Vermillion chapter booth on Friday. Just look for the live ducks.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:59 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
Only Been in there once old man mouthed off to my buddy, so we walked right out to keep my buddy from smashing his face in. He's a bit of a hot head, and that old man didnt know who he messing with. We done him a favor by taking him outside.

I'll be at the DU convention also hope to meet you out there. I'll be cooking in the Vermillion chapter booth on Friday. Just look for the live ducks.
I'll make a pass by your booth!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
If you know the owner so well, why would you blast his establishment on da Web? Do y'all not get along?
I am only trying to find out if I went on a bad night and if anyone has a different experience than mine. I want to tell the owner what others think of his place so he can make the appropriate changes if he sees fit.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

We have been plannin on goin down there .. Ill let ya know what we think
Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

We went, the facility its self is amazing. I'm curious how much he spent just in concrete. They are building a restaurant eventually, but the bar needs some more food. I think all they had was boudin and sausage or something. The plan is to build a bunch of rent cabins, RV spots, marina, bait shop, smoke house, and restaurant. I would like to go by boat one day. My problem with it is that it is a very long drive wether by car or boat. Its pretty out of the way to go have some drinks.