SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
Call it a conspiracy theory, but I think the mods screen all our PM's. Paul Myers gives away all our good spots. Hell why you think W started the site in the first place?
They may be, but not too many people are sharing their honey holes, nor should they, even if it is by PM. But letting people know that dry reef or the cove are producing is just being courteous to fellow fishermen. There's plenty of fish at the community holes for everybody.

Good luck this weekend, folks. And remember to keep at least a two cast distance from the next boat.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:52 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
They may be, but not too many people are sharing their honey holes, nor should they, even if it is by PM. But letting people know that dry reef or the cove are producing is just being courteous to fellow fishermen. There's plenty of fish at the community holes for everybody.

Good luck this weekend, folks. And remember to keep at least a two cast distance from the next boat.

I think I was courteous in my first response. I offered additional spots other than just the cove and weeks bay that should be producing. Conditions change from day to day. You won't catch me catch me posting any reports I hear though. I have a network
Of people that I keep in touch with. If you start posting every report you hear those people will eventually stop giving you info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm
Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
I think I was courteous in my first response. I offered additional spots other than just the cove and weeks bay that should be producing. Conditions change from day to day. You won't catch me catch me posting any reports I hear though. I have a network
Of people that I keep in touch with. If you start posting every report you hear those people will eventually stop giving you info.
Agreed. I don't post reports that people share with me. And I thought your report was informative. The issue is that 1250 people have viewed this post to get a little info, and there's two to three people who actually posted it. Then half the people who post will say they caught fish where they didn't. I've pretty much stopped listening to the reports. But I try to tell people the truth about where I'm finding em. If anybody wants more specific info, send me a PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 562

I went out yesterday morning and didn't do so good. A few here and there. Caught a lot but all ran about an inch short.. I was fishing the points around the trash pile. I prefer to tightline with a double rig and shrimp. Always fished big lake the past 15 years now trying to learn the bay since its closer to home. Had quite a few boats out for a weekday but didn't see anyone catching anything and they would come and go. Water clarity was decent. Bite was good as long as the tide was falling. When it stopped so did the fish.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Sand Trout

And in case your curious about topwater I tried that also. Tried numerous baits and colors. Caught one flounder and didn't really get any other bites. Flounder was on a purple and green cocahoe
Old 10-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

legallimits and marshrat yall both made very good points there and I respect that big time too.. and marshrat u saying u have a network of people that u keep in touch with which is a good thing and I wish I had that kind of network but I don't so which is why I am on here to be able to learn better and know more of how to do and what to do for my self and help others too.. but all good.... so im looking forward to be out there in vbay tmw. who knows I mite see some of yall out there...
Old 10-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Tripletail

cnjcaldwell thanks for the info and ill do my best out there...
Old 10-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Sand Trout

No problem.. ill be out tomorrow morning
Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Dang! Ya'll morning fishermen are killing me I gotta wait till afternoon and bite has been inconsistant! Having panic attacks here!!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
Agreed. I don't post reports that people share with me. And I thought your report was informative. The issue is that 1250 people have viewed this post to get a little info, and there's two to three people who actually posted it. Then half the people who post will say they caught fish where they didn't. I've pretty much stopped listening to the reports. But I try to tell people the truth about where I'm finding em. If anybody wants more specific info, send me a PM.
Myself I'm 33 and have been die hard as long as i can remember, as I matured the older veteran fisherman kinda took me under there wing and taught me a lot, i have a tight network some of them are here but like you say to much info can hurt you and never ever post another guys report!
Old 10-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Hey Matt! Was on the water at 6:30, started at the cove, nothing, went into weeks bay, very choppy and muddy, didn't even stop, turned around back into shark bayou and found a nice wide cut. trolling on the way in, picked up a nice trout. Nothing after that for 2 hours. Went out of Shark Bayou and anchored near the shore across from beach and witin 25 minutes, picked up 2 fat reds and another trout. Left at 11am. Good luck this evening. I'm heading to Golden meadow in the morning with the kayak.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Hey Matt! Was on the water at 6:30, started at the cove, nothing, went into weeks bay, very choppy and muddy, didn't even stop, turned around back into shark bayou and found a nice wide cut. trolling on the way in, picked up a nice trout. Nothing after that for 2 hours. Went out of Shark Bayou and anchored near the shore across from beach and witin 25 minutes, picked up 2 fat reds and another trout. Left at 11am. Good luck this evening. I'm heading to Golden meadow in the morning with the kayak.
Good luck Uncle! I won't be able to make it out this weekend we have a busy schedule but I'll be thinking about fishing! One evening next week if you can we need to make a trip before the time changes. Thursday and friday are out but just get in touch with me.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
at least ya caught something than none at all...
Old 10-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Guys... U have to put in the "Time", "Effort". Some days I run 90-100 plus miles. Try all the spots. Water is awesome someday's in the bay.. On the WEST SIDE.. U see ONE BIRD PICKIN???? STOP.. That simple.

I'll confess. I caught all them specks at Tiger Shoals. Remember fishing is a month late for some reason.

I saw one trout with a shrimp hair out of its gill. Never saw any shrimp or baait jumping. It's Stick and move.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Guys... U have to put in the "Time", "Effort". Some days I run 90-100 plus miles. Try all the spots. Water is awesome someday's in the bay.. On the WEST SIDE.. U see ONE BIRD PICKIN???? STOP.. That simple.

I'll confess. I caught all them specks at Tiger Shoals. Remember fishing is a month late for some reason.

I saw one trout with a shrimp hair out of its gill. Never saw any shrimp or baait jumping. It's Stick and move.
in other words we gotta drift to get on them even if we don't see any bait jumping out of the water or etc... thanks for report will see how it goes tmw