SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Fishing Resumes in Dularge

Just when I thought we were going to get a nice break in the weather, remnants of the 15-20 mph blows of the last week persisted through the early hours of morning giving us breezy conditions yet again. Twelve mile-an-hour southeast gusts blew over the bays and lakes of lower bayou dularge as my crew and I began our search for speckled trout. It was too rough to go offshore to the islands, so we stayed in the lakes looking for birds. The first stop of the day we found birds diving on shrimp jumping out of the water. We were on a protected shoreline just north of Lake Mechant and I thought for sure there would be hungry trout beneath them. Not the case. There were a couple of throwbacks in the mix but that was it. We headed further north deeper into the marsh. Within a 1/4 mile we spotted another flock of gulls going crazy. Again, I was sure there were trout under them. Again, not the case. Puzzled, we turned around and headed back toward the lake. And again, more birds, same story. Things just weren't working out with the trout so we headed for the coast looking for bull reds. It took awhile, but we found 'em along with some black drum on the crab soak. When the bite played out we went north again on the hunt for slot reds in the duck ponds. We only saw two reds on our drift and never closed the deal on either. By this time, it's around noon and we decided to go on the hunt for trout again. We did a lot of running today, burning more fuel than a typical day of charter fishing. Finally, with NO birds in sight, I decided to check a reef that usually holds trout. There it was, fish on. By God, it was a slow and painful bite but we alas found some action. We fished those reef trout for a couple hours keeping the biggest fish that hit the deck. The guys were pleased with the day and know that we worked our butts off to locate some fish. This weather looks like it is going to cooperate for us through the weekend, so my fingers are crossed. When we are able to get to the islands, I have a great feeling we will be smashing speckled trout

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing
Old 04-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Nice Water !!