SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyPrejean87 View Post
Well I only sold paint every day 6 days a week for 8 to 10 hrs a day for 7 years so I guess I need to still learn a few things right?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
http://www.san-antonio-painting.com/paint-sheens.php

Flat Finish - 0 to 5% gloss
A paint with a flat surface that does not reflect light and generally used on ceilings and walls of formal rooms. Flat finishes are usually non-washable and cleaning is not advised.

Matte / Velvet Finish - 5 to 10% gloss
A durable paint with a flat, non-glossy finish usually used for walls. Matte finishes can endure light cleaning, but heavy cleaning is not recommended.

Eggshell Finish - 10 to 25% gloss
A durable paint with a low sheen and gloss reminiscent of an eggshell. Eggshell finishes are normally used on walls, have a slightly higher sheen level than flat, and clean better than flat finishes as they can endure moderate level cleaning.

Pearl or Satin Finish - 25 to 35% gloss
A durable paint with a smooth, velvety gloss texture. Satin can be used in high traffic areas because it can hold up to heavy cleaning and light scrubbing, and is most often used for doors, windows, and other trim.

Semi-gloss - 35 to 70% gloss
Paint with a semi-gloss finish goes on smoothly and has a nice gleam without being too dramatic. Trim, doors, windows and cabinets are the surfaces most often applied with semi-gloss.

Gloss - 70 to 85% gloss
Gloss paint has a has a shinier finish than semi-gloss and is popular for trims, doors and cabinets. Careful attention should be given to prep work and undercoats to create a smooth surface for glossy paint.

High-gloss - 85% gloss and higher
This highly luminous sheen has the greatest amount of gloss and looks almost like plastic. High-gloss paint certainly offers durability and washability, making it ideal for cabinets in the kitchen or bathroom. The reflective surface of this paint finish really exaggerates imperfections, so prep work is important to a clean polished look.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

wait upon researching a little looks like I was right! there is a difference in the sheens its not just that some companies call one one thing and some other companies call it another!

thanks for trying though I was really hoping I would have learned something new beings you have SO MANY more years on my experience level......