SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

General Merchandise (Other): G Shock GD350-8 - SaltyCajun.com
Old 08-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

Tag..........Got one for my 21st birthday 28 years ago. Paid $375 for it. I had it appraised in Vegas Saturday and it is now worth $1800. Still looks brand new. Same band and never loses time except every 3rd year when its time for a new battery.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Simple peddler has me beat I think. I have 2 Omegas and 1 Rolex. My wife has a Rolex and a Cartier. This is my newest watch. It's not for everyday but I have to say its one of my favorites. After this one I'm done for a while. LOL, all those watches and my everyday watch is a Timex Ironman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (57.7 KB, 104 views)
Old 08-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

That's sweet for sure!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Just watch the sun closely
Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 663

I have a solar powered g shock that I've had for appx 5 years now .. No issues... It updates it's own time zones when I travel via satellite.. Rust resistant.. Time is exact as it gets updated..Absolutely no complaints ... My dad has one of the original ones - not solar powered, over 10 yrs old and only has changed the batteries.. IDE recommend one

Think mine was $200
Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Walmart special Casio200m G shock.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by K W View Post
I have a solar powered g shock that I've had for appx 5 years now .. No issues... It updates it's own time zones when I travel via satellite.. Rust resistant.. Time is exact as it gets updated..Absolutely no complaints ... My dad has one of the original ones - not solar powered, over 10 yrs old and only has changed the batteries.. IDE recommend one

Think mine was $200
I had heard nothing but good things about G-Shock so my wife got me one for Christmas 2012. It came with a 12 month warranty and broke in May of this year (17 months). It wasnt top of the line, it only cost around $120, but I liked it and thought it was going to be durable and last at least a few years.

I sent it in and they want $50 to fix it and ship it back. No thanks.....

Im going to keep that $50 and buy a new watch that isnt a G-Shock.

Looking hard at the Suunto that Gooh posted up earlier in this thread. It looks sweet but seems like it has wayyyy more functions than I would ever use. Is it pretty simple to learn ho to use Gooh?
Old 08-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
I had heard nothing but good things about G-Shock so my wife got me one for Christmas 2012. It came with a 12 month warranty and broke in May of this year (17 months). It wasnt top of the line, it only cost around $120, but I liked it and thought it was going to be durable and last at least a few years.

I sent it in and they want $50 to fix it and ship it back. No thanks.....

Im going to keep that $50 and buy a new watch that isnt a G-Shock.

Looking hard at the Suunto that Gooh posted up earlier in this thread. It looks sweet but seems like it has wayyyy more functions than I would ever use. Is it pretty simple to learn ho to use Gooh?

Yep, it's pretty intuitive. Nothing real fancy, just a very tough watch that does what it's made to do.

I like being able to monitor the barometric pressure and having the storm alarm is nice when I'm on the water and forget to be looking around. The compass is also nice, along with the thermometer - the thermometer doesn't work while the watch is on though, you gotta hang it in your tent or on your pack to get an accurate reading.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballFisherman View Post
I have 4 G-Shocks and they have all been great. My oldest is a Gulfman (has all the standard features plus tide/ moon phase data) and I have had zero issues and never changed the original battery. It has been worn in saltwater and it is 6 years old now. I also have a Mudman and a couple others with larger faces that don't have catchy names. All are solid watches and I wear each of them regularly. Can't go wrong with a G-Shock. Go to the Casio website and pick one out that fits your needs. There are tons of different ones
X2 on the gulfman. I have had mine for a few years and love it. My wife has the female version as well so that we match
Old 08-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyc4 View Post
Just watch the sun closely
Which reminded of a co-worker of my dad's who was known around the refinery as "the guy who could tell the time just from looking at the sun." He got "tested" all the time, and would take his hardhat off, and use it to block the sun a bit, then nail the time within a few minutes......It was years before they figured out he had an old digital watch glued inside of his hat.