SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default Am I Too Old School????

What is wrong with a young man asking a young ladies father permission to have interaction with his daughter?
I think it builds character in a young man to have a fathers permission before engaging in interaction with his daughter.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Depends on the interaction
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. Let's u see his true colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Depends on the interaction
Lmao! I do believe if we told a girls father of our true "interactions" most of probably would not be breathing and typing tonight..
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default Am I Too Old School????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Lmao! I do believe if we told a girls father of our true "interactions" most of probably would not be breathing and typing tonight..

^^ for sure, and we would never have had any interactions... Those who made it out alive would be virgins
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

On a serious note...our basic moral fibers are just shreds now due to social media and the likes just too easy for young ins to interact in other ways
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Sailfish

They're 15 and live 3 hours apart. I still believe that even an internet and or text friendship should be asked of and approved of by a young ladies father.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,829

Yea..... Your too old school Dad.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Yea..... Your too old school Dad.
Quite possible.
That being said no one who has ever met my son has ever had a bad word to say about him.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Quite possible.
That being said no one who has ever met my son has ever had a bad word to say about him.
And I don't doubt that your son is a fine gentleman....as I raised mine the same way.

But I noticed with my daughter I had to be a little more gentle because she would get all emotional and upset and would not want to talk to me.....

So I approached it from the aspect of how special a daughter is to a father. And that I'm not trying to embarrass her by wanting to meet her "man" upfront.

I told her that a dad expects his son to do right because I taught him but I don't know what to expect out of her "man" because I did not teach him.

This helped break the ice. Don't make the situation uncomfortable for her. When you finally meet or talk to her "man", don't brow beat him but just explain how precious she is to you and as a father, you are her protector and you would like to get to know him a little better.

Don't get him on the phone and scare him, just have a father/boyfriend talk with him. Whatever you do, keep the communication line open with your daughter.

Don't be enough of a hard azz that she won't come to you when or if she does have a problem or a situation where she may need her fathers advice. If your an azz hole, she will never come to you because she knows you will fuss.

You can fuss at boys, but you have to love on your daughters while you fuss at them or they will close you out of their life.....
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
And I don't doubt that your son is a fine gentleman....as I raised mine the same way.

But I noticed with my daughter I had to be a little more gentle because she would get all emotional and upset and would not want to talk to me.....

So I approached it from the aspect of how special a daughter is to a father. And that I'm not trying to embarrass her by wanting to meet her "man" upfront.

I told her that a dad expects his son to do right because I taught him but I don't know what to expect out of her "man" because I did not teach him.

This helped break the ice. Don't make the situation uncomfortable for her. When you finally meet or talk to her "man", don't brow beat him but just explain how precious she is to you and as a father, you are her protector and you would like to get to know him a little better.

Don't get him on the phone and scare him, just have a father/boyfriend talk with him. Whatever you do, keep the communication line open with your daughter.

Don't be enough of a hard azz that she won't come to you when or if she does have a problem or a situation where she may need her fathers advice. If your an azz hole, she will never come to you because she knows you will fuss.

You can fuss at boys, but you have to love on your daughters while you fuss at them or they will close you out of their life.....
Been there with our daughter. Its now our sons turn. I just want him to understand what a man expects of a young man asking for a relationship with his daughter. You respect her at all times.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

i always went and met the parents. although most of the time the relationships are kept a secret from the parents.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Quote:
Been there with our daughter. Its now our sons turn. I just want him to understand what a man expects of a young man asking for a relationship with his daughter. You respect her at all times.

Yep same here with my son and I tell him every time he goes over to visit to shake her dad's hand when he gets there and leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Yep same here with my son and I tell him every time he goes over to visit to shake her dad's hand when he gets there and leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It builds character.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

[SIZE=3]My daughter always brought her boyfriend's home "for the most part" to introduce them to me IF they did not already know me. Fortunately/Unfortunately being a US Marine most of the young men my daughter dated were also Marines and most of them had already heard of me in one way shape or form. I noticed and so did my daughter that if they did not immediately want to come see me then they were not worth it and she would get rid of them soon. My daughter ended up marrying my sons best friend (Marine) which in my opinion was the best choice a little sister could make. [/SIZE]
Old 06-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
You taught your son to ask for permission from the dad before he ties a girl up? lol just pickin

My daughter turns 5 this month and already I dread the days that I have to start dealing with this crap. Like most people say, "its not her I am worried about..."
Old 06-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Flounder

Cash: 731

My son is 18 and I raised him to meet the parents. I have a 4 and 1.5 year old girls. I hope I get shown the same respect. If not, guess I will cross that bridge then.