SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Commission postpones call for reassessment of redfish, trout regs

And look who was a no show about regs from his own area , I guess the presents of big lake anglers scared him off !

The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission today punted an expected request that the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries begin assessing the impacts of lowering the daily creel limit on trout caught in the Calcasieu Lake region and lowering the statewide minimum size limit on redfish.

Commissioners decided to wait until the July meeting to officially direct the agency to begin making the request, but LDWF's Randy Pausina said there was no biological reason not change the regs to allow smaller redfish to be kept and to lower the daily creel for speckled trout in Southwest Louisiana.

Commissioner Will Drost, who was not present at today's meeting, has been discussing the trout changes with Pausina, and commission member Ann Taylor (who works for Louisiana Sportsman) has asked about reducing minimum size limits for redfish on a statewide basis.

Pausina told commissioners that his staff already was working on a trout assessment due to the state Legislature in the spring of 2015, but reassessing redfish populations and the potential impacts of lowering the minimum size limit would require more time.

However, he said his agency could provide a matrix commissioners could use to determine expected results of various regulations changes within "a couple of months, once we get started on it" for trout and within four months of beginning a redfish evaluation.

"It wll allow you to move a size limit or bag limit, and it will tell you how it will affect (spawn potential ratio) for trout, and for red drum it would be escapement rate," Pausina said.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

And this doesn't surprise me at all..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 429
Default Thanks, W

Thanks for the update. Just would like to add that Ann Taylor no tonly works for Louisiana Sportsman, she owns it.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Ann Taylor's family has owned LA SPORTSMAN Mag. for a Long Long Time...
Old 06-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

I bet after meeting it's back on. But I hope it's more focused on a better solution like the permits for out of town fishers , guides...... The out of state ers have to understand to fish in my house u Gunna pay out the ars or u can get to work at home and make your own holes plentiful . Then comes the scienc I hope. Good science from local science guys with science credentules for fish. And no politicians involved complete rain to find the facts. Hard work day in day out at the docks in the boat never seeing the desk let alone a burger king.
Long road and we should take no compromises. Only other thing is keep CCA seperat from other state run and organized entity's. If you work for CCA u only work for CCA.....

Someone should also shame them for lack of communication and absences from any meeting pertaining to Louisiana from bottom of the gulf to high in the sky. If they miss a meeting someone had better have bean at a funeral.

Yep that does it for now.