SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Redfish

Cash: 724
Default You boys hear about this? Guy thrown out of boat on BL

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p...ate-in-OP.aspx

Cut his hand off.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

yea there was a thread on here already about it. bad deal
Old 06-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
yea there was a thread on here already about it. bad deal
i looked. looks like they saved his hand
Old 06-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

yea i seen someone said the surgery was successful... talk about big time luck after the fact
Old 06-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

I did not know sig hansen was on tiger droppings

Quote:
JasonL79
New Orleans Saints Fan
Gretna
Member since Jan 2010
3988 posts

re: wear your kill switch...update in OP (Posted on 6/16/14 at 7:42 am to Grassy1)
quote:
quote:I've been in boats all my life and don't understand how you can fall out the boat while driving unless you are acting like an a-hole and/or drunk. Hmmmm... really?

Yes, really.

When I drive my boat, I'm holding on to my steering wheel on my center console. I have hit sand flats a bunch of time and never been close to falling in the water while driving the boat.

I grew up in Venice,LA part of my life and had a boat at the age of 12 (tiller steering outboard on a flatboat) and still have one 23 years later. I learned to drive a boat before I was 10 years old through my brothers and my relatives. My family grew up in pilottown and only had boats for transportation most of their life. My dad didn't have a driver license until he was in his mid 30's. I have never heard of anyone falling out of their boat while driving down there. There is a lot of hazards in Venice but it's mostly bad weather, fog during winter, logs/driftwood in spring/summer time, sand flats,etc.

When I'm driving my hands are on the steering wheel. If I am doing something in my boat where I'm not holding on to my steering wheel, my throttle is in neutral. I can understand other people falling out the boat but not the driver.

The only way I could see it happening if you were in the boat by yourself would be if you let it idle and walk away from the steering wheel to do something and fall or hit the throttle which throws you out. Then again, I'm not trying to make crazy turns or turning while going too fast like some people.

This post was edited on 6/16 at 7:44 am

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

How many people get a new boat and dismantle all safety devices before the boat hits the water? I would suspect the answer is none. But we all drive boats without the lanyard connected. It's common sense that usually could save your life. Get on a wave runner and the kill lanyard is the first thing that you put on. Kind of ironical that people know a wave runner can throw you but think there's no chance in a boat because they are good drivers.