SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
No, W does it too.
10!!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default my spot

i wasn't aware that you can have your own specific fishing spot, i will have to go get me a few signs made so that people will know that it isn't public waters it is MY SPOT STAY AWAY
Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck Attack View Post
Agree 100%.....however some people think they own the water and the fish that swim in it....
yep, see it a lot on here.
forgot it wasnt public water since they make people pay to fish
Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

#Spotlicker
Old 06-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Default What To Do When Somebody Takes Your Fishing Spot.

[QUOTE=MathGeek;701011]I've posted maps with our favorite spots at the Cameron Jetties and near Grand Isle. I've also described in detail how we fish Belle Pass. If someone else is in a favorite spot, we'll set up 50-100 yards away or go to a different spot. No big deal, no whining, everyone out there has been cool about it, even sharing bait and tips on occasion.

I took the same approach to trout fishing in Colorado, explaining in great detail on fishing forums how and where we caught lots of trout. Yes, sometimes on busy weekends, the boats got a bit crowded, but we worked it out and everyone caught fish and had a great time.

The contest in fishing is with the other fish, not with the other anglers. If someone is in your favorite spot, be glad for them, move along, and go find some fish. It's public water in Louisiana. If you can't find the fish, the problem is with you, not with the dude sitting in your favorite spot.[/QUOTE]

exactly right, sad thing is that it seems more people are better at fishing for boats other than fish... A few weeks ago at V. Bay, they had some guys in the spot I normally fish and we had been doing excellent in that spot, but we let them have it. We fished the outskirts and picked up a few but nothing like they were, so I told the guys we need to find another spot like this. Took us five stops to find another fish, but once we did we came back with our 75 fish, plus we learned a new spot where there were no boats at.

Last edited by jpeff31787; 06-23-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
[QUOTE

exactly right, sad thing is that it seems more people are better at fishing for boats other than fish... A few weeks ago at V. Bay, they had some guys in the spot I normally fish and we had been doing excellent in that spot, but we let them have it. We fished the outskirts and picked up a few but nothing like they were, so I told the guys we need to find another spot like this. Took us five stops to find another fish, but once we did we came back with out 75 fish, plus we learned a new spot where there were no boats at.
I give this post an A++++! This is exactly what you need to do when the bay gets real crowded. Might take a while to find other areas but they're out there. The Bay is a huge place. I enjoy finding new hot spots as much as catching. When we saw 15 plus boats Friday afternoon all over Dry Reef compressor station we knew we had to move on and find another spot. Get away from the community spots and look for similar structure away from the masses. Great post jpeff!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
yep, see it a lot on here.
forgot it wasnt public water since they make people pay to fish
I'm a capitalist, so I have no problem with enterprising fishing guides selling valuable service and knowledge. I do have a problem with criticizing others for freely using that knowledge once it has been acquired.

Potlicking (stopping to fish a spot you would not otherwise fish) is rude. Getting up early and getting on a good fishing spot that you learned about is neither rude nor wrong, it's just an application of the early bird gets the worm philosophy.

I have favorite fishing spots, but they aren't really "my" spots in any sense that I can claim ownership, originality, or dibbs. They are just spots I like to fish. I can honestly say that I'm not the least disappointed when I find someone else fishing them, just glad to see others catching fish.