SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584
Default Tony Stewart

not sure if you guys have seen it.......but Nascar Driver Tony Stewart ran over a guy on the track last night and killed the guy.......

looks like there was intent
Old 08-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Flounder

Cash: 712

saw it. tonys set to race today. unbeleiveable go kyle bush 18
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Flounder

just saw release tonys not racing
Old 08-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

i mean idk, it could have certainly been avoided had he went way out of the way but the other dude was obviously a hothead and instead of being smart, he tried to intimidate him and got clipped. I think tony just refused to be intimidated by the guy and stayed on a straight course and the idiot just stepped into him a lil too close trying to play tough guy.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Said Tony is not going to race today

I watched the YouTube vid , looks like the guy was walking over to Tony to cuss him and Tony went to go around him and gassed it a little to dodge him and rear end came around and hit em
Old 08-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Wish there was a better video, pretty dumb of that kid to run down a dirt track at night wearing black clothes...
Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

ya, I don't see where he could do anyting to avoid him, the guy was trying to get in his way to slow him down because he felt tony caused him to wreck and on a dirt track cars slide easy so anything tony could or would try to do to avoid him would make the car slide up and hit the guy so while some might think he hit the gas to try to hit him he was only doing what he could to maintain control trying to not hit him.

if anyone cant find the video, this is the best one I have seen on it but its still not a good view to see what really happened.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Rules say to stay in your car unless there is a fire. If he would have waited till after the race to settle his grievence he would still be alive.
Those are the most fun cars to watch.
Sad story.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

I agree that the rules say that for sure......
What we see though even on Nascar's adversisements, are the guys that get out, point and throw stuff. Including Tony.

It's not what see on that video, but what you hear, that is going to be hard for people to un-hear.

Tony gas the car and swerves into the guy's space.
It looks as though Tony was attempting to intimidate the guy.

Now these little cars are controlled as much by the throttle as they are by the steering wheel.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Fool should have stayed in his car. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. I feel bad for the guys family as well as Stewart.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I agree that the rules say that for sure......
What we see though even on Nascar's adversisements, are the guys that get out, point and throw stuff. Including Tony.

It's not what see on that video, but what you hear, that is going to be hard for people to un-hear.

Tony gas the car and swerves into the guy's space.
It looks as though Tony was attempting to intimidate the guy.

Now these little cars are controlled as much by the throttle as they are by the steering wheel.
watch the guys feet, he comes down the track to get in tony's way and at the last second he moves up the track about 3 feet and stops there to reposition himself in front of the car as tony (I assume) was attempting to try to go around him on the top side.

IMO the guy had time and moved far enough to get out of the way had he chose to but instead chose to stay directly in front of tony's car trying to stop him.

im no tony fan and never really liked tony but I cant see any intent in the video except to get around an idiot standing in traffic on the race track
Old 08-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Flounder

was there a caution? why was tony going so fast? was the race over? hard to understand.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Sailfish

The driver of #13 had no reason to be mad. He wrecked himself. He oversteered coming out of the corner and his back tire caught the wall. Tony's car came out of the corner and got straight. Other guys car is slill sliding out of the corner at an angle. He got too far out and his tire hit the wall. He wrecked his own car then got mad at Tony.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewes View Post
was there a caution? why was tony going so fast? was the race over? hard to understand.
Even if there was a caution tony may not have know about it.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Redfish

Cash: 725

Well being the guy got out of his car and the car in front of Tony dang near hit him I don't think Tony did it on purpose! I personally feel like Tony should be racing today! It's kind of like getting bucked off a horse and it's not right to penalize Tonys team for a mistake that this other guy made.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewes View Post

He was following another car, they were all going that speed for the most part. Cautions are held at about 40mph, those cars won't even run much slower than that - they have to be push started at about 25mph or more.

He came out of a corner behind another car and would have had little time to see the guy in the track once the other car moved.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Flounder

fair enough thanks
Old 08-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait36 View Post
Well being the guy got out of his car and the car in front of Tony dang near hit him I don't think Tony did it on purpose! I personally feel like Tony should be racing today! It's kind of like getting bucked off a horse and it's not right to penalize Tonys team for a mistake that this other guy made.
well I think it was most likely left up to tony and "maybe" this would have been too much of a distraction for him to race today. after all nascar is nothing like dirt track and if you hesitate or lose concentration for a second you can cause a wreck so tony may have decided he needed time to get over this.

I mean think about it from tony's perspective, he was just racing a clean race when this guy flips out and basicly jumps in front of his car committing suicide. that HAS TO be hard to absorb.

the rules in place now don't seam to be doing any good so in a way I think all racing classes need a hard and fast rule that if you get out of your car anywhere except the pits or your garage for any reason other then it is on fire or upside down then you get a mandatory one year suspension from racing again PERIOD. maybe THAT will keep these idiots from getting out of their cars and throwing helmets at other drivers cars or trying to start fist fights on the track. start a fight and never race again WILL get someones attention that its not a good idea.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
He was following another car, they were all going that speed for the most part. Cautions are held at about 40mph, those cars won't even run much slower than that - they have to be push started at about 25mph or more.

He came out of a corner behind another car and would have had little time to see the guy in the track once the other car moved.
This is very true. Those cars have a single gear transmission that setup for the specific track they are racing that night. It doesn't have neutral. If its running its rolling. Roll too slow for your gear ratio you may stall the engine.
They are extremely powerful cars. 1.2lbs of weight per horsepower or so. You talking a 1250lb car with around 950 horses.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
This is very true. Those cars have a single gear transmission that setup for the specific track they are racing that night. It doesn't have neutral. If its running its rolling. Roll too slow for your gear ratio you may stall the engine.

They are extremely powerful cars. 1.2lbs of weight per horsepower or so. You talking a 1250lb car with around 950 horses.

Add to that the fact that they really aren't made to "steer" with those front tires, they're basically drifters. You hammer and feather the gas in a controlled spin on that slick dirt.

Imagine trying to jerk the wheel with those tiny tires at 40mph on wet dirt, of course he hit the gas to steer away (like a boat, gas it for more maneuvering).

I don't see him running down a 20 year old kid.