SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
This would be my suspect to answer geek's question on why he was not in jail.

It's likely the local government had given him a break trying to do the right thing.
After 23 arrests for serious charges, the ongoing freedom of Freddie Gray was not a "break trying to do the right thing."

Either it demonstrates complete incompetence in the system not being able to make legitimate charges stick and keep a dangerous criminal locked up, OR it demonstrates a system with a propensity of a police department to ARREST suspects who fit a certain profile without real evidence constituting probable cause to justify the arrests and make the charges stick.

If it turns out to be the latter, the Baltimore police have some explaining to do, as a pattern of unjustified arrests would play into a young man's propensity to flee further abuses of law enforcement power.

If it turns out to be the former, I hope Baltimore can find the political will to do the thorough housecleaning necessary to make legitimate charges stick and keep dangerous criminals off the streets after they have been arrested over a dozen times.

I won't deny that the liberal agenda of entitlement is part of the problem. But I think it would be short sighted to neglect careful consideration of the possible abuses of governmental power and incompetence to execute the legal processes designed to keep real criminals off the streets.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Guess these were the only 3 white cops in the force. Must have had too much coffee since it was 0830...

This guy is snapped up

http://youtu.be/m7TZaLpHJhU

You keep writing in wholes.........eluding that ALL cops are killing black people at will..........when in fact a very minute amount relative to all arrest go wrong.......

"only three white cops"

the point I am trying to make is, in the Michael Brown case, the argument to allow the riots targeted not enough black cops on the force.

here we have more black cops than whites and the argument goes another direction.

How are we supposed to give a thug wide hash marks to undertand 'why" he is a thug........no job, wrong color, penis not big enough.........yet you would have very narrow hash marks for a LEO that has a tacer dart imbedded in his chest?

it would seem we want to place the thug above the law, and the LEO enforcment officer not enforce the law.

See how that is going in the wrong direction at an exponential speed?

Please don't misundertand me, this death is horrible, as they all have been.

but the facts in the lastest few cases continue to support LEO........is that a conspiracy? I think not, even racist AG Holder could not make a case in the Michael Brown death.

when the thug community starts to accept that THEY are the mitigating factor in thier own plight we can start to move in one direction.

until then, the cops will be on the winning end of the beating stick.

it's like training a dog, once he realizes you are the boss, you can train.

thanks for the debate
Old 04-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
After 23 arrests for serious charges, the ongoing freedom of Freddie Gray was not a "break trying to do the right thing."

Either it demonstrates complete incompetence in the system not being able to make legitimate charges stick and keep a dangerous criminal locked up, OR it demonstrates a system with a propensity of a police department to ARREST suspects who fit a certain profile without real evidence constituting probable cause to justify the arrests and make the charges stick.

If it turns out to be the latter, the Baltimore police have some explaining to do, as a pattern of unjustified arrests would play into a young man's propensity to flee further abuses of law enforcement power.

If it turns out to be the former, I hope Baltimore can find the political will to do the thorough housecleaning necessary to make legitimate charges stick and keep dangerous criminals off the streets after they have been arrested over a dozen times.

I won't deny that the liberal agenda of entitlement is part of the problem. But I think it would be short sighted to neglect careful consideration of the possible abuses of governmental power and incompetence to execute the legal processes designed to keep real criminals off the streets.
I'm sure you have seen Baltimore's Mayor recently giving "speeches" to the media. If their Mayor is any indication of how their Justice dept is then I'm sure you can figure out the reasoning of why he was still on the streets.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Ling

Quote:

We will disagree here, but I respect where you are coming from.

I have spent more than a few days in the criminal courts, and what I see is a mound of manuevring to allow criminals to go free. When I mention the "right thing" what I am referring to is what I see is the system giving some folks break after break after break. In our area, you see guys with 4 or more DUI's driving around...........keep in mind my grandfather was killed by one of these driver's while he was on his tractor for goodness sake.

Another chance after another chance after another chance........all is does is empower that element of people to continue to game the system.
So while you something that "did not stick" I see an abundance of aquiesence to an acceptble amount of criminal element in these communities.

I would suggest that a person such as this runs from the cops more because he does not want to be inconvienced by the arrest. Maybe he will miss a late night 40 party or a bootie call.

I for one do not take off running when I see LEO.........but I don't have a rap sheet.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
I'm sure you have seen Baltimore's Mayor recently giving "speeches" to the media. If their Mayor is any indication of how their Justice dept is then I'm sure you can figure out the reasoning of why he was still on the streets.

This mayor reminds me of Blanco..........in WAY over her head.

I am sure she did not MEAN to say what she said...........but she did...........she caused the first ripple and is responsible for it.

It supports my thoughts again, that you simply cannot tolerate ANY crime.

If you as a person believes that misdermeanors are acceptable, change the laws.........

if it's okay to steal a low amount of personal property in your community, change the law to read........"you can steal all the cell phones you want"

I for one do not want to live in that community
Old 04-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

This video has been around a while, but he makes several valid points-but none truer than at the 1:24 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sL2...e45MD6v6VCcQew
Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Thugs are thugs. I don't give a crap what color they are. Just as many white thugs out there as black. Lazy, no working, thieving pieces of $hit. Milk the system for everything they can get and live better than most. Our
pu$$yfied society don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and believe everyone is entitled to the same things whether you work or not. Times slowly change and each generation becomes conditioned and accepts what they see and hear as right. Enough of slapping the hand and saying "no-no". Start shooting these terrorist and put and end to it. Make the punishment fit the crime.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Thugs are thugs. I don't give a crap what color they are. Just as many white thugs out there as black. Lazy, no working, thieving pieces of $hit. Milk the system for everything they can get and live better than most. Our
pu$$yfied society don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and believe everyone is entitled to the same things whether you work or not. Times slowly change and each generation becomes conditioned and accepts what they see and hear as right. Enough of slapping the hand and saying "no-no". Start shooting these terrorist and put and end to it. Make the punishment fit the crime.
The total # of thugs from each race may be near the same but the % of thugs in each race is vastly different.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
The total # of thugs from each race may be near the same but the % of thugs in each race is vastly different.
This is true
Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Ling

They want us to give them everything AND respect them.........

That's a tough mental balance
Old 04-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Red Snapper

Respect is earned!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

This is what should be happening to every rioter out there. A group full of pissed off mommas is way more intimidating than a bunch of overweight cops in riot gear. This mother deserves a freaking award!

https://gma.yahoo.com/baltimore-mom-...opstories.html
Old 04-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Ling

Quote:
Respect is earned!
As should income be
Old 04-28-2015, 11:37 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
As should income be
Yep! Rioting and looting would be alot harder to do if they were all at work supporting their families.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Respect is earned!
I'm not sure I agree. I think other people should generally be respected until they provide good reason not to be.

I am certainly teaching my children to respect others, and especially teachers, coaches, and uniformed public servants unless they have a good reason not to (such as an apparent attempt to cause harm, deceive, or clearly abuse authority).

I also think law enforcement would generally improve if officers more consistently demonstrated respect for citizens unless they have good reason not to in a specific case and circumstance.

The "us" vs. "them" mentality is not really helping unless one refrains as classifying others as "them" until you have specific, credible information giving you a good reason to classify someone as "them."
Old 04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Where's AlphaMan? I wonder how many people he has killed for resisting or fleeing?

Lawrence, when's the last time you shot someone in the back or crushed their spine and snapped their leg for breakfast?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Ling

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree. I think other people should generally be respected until they provide good reason not to be.

I am certainly teaching my children to respect others, and especially teachers, coaches, and uniformed public servants unless they have a good reason not to (such as an apparent attempt to cause harm, deceive, or clearly abuse authority).

I also think law enforcement would generally improve if officers more consistently demonstrated respect for citizens unless they have good reason not to in a specific case and circumstance.

The "us" vs. "them" mentality is not really helping unless one refrains as classifying others as "them" until you have specific, credible information giving you a good reason to classify someone as "them."

You are correct...........there is however, a trend in these large cities to teach children NOT to respect others unless it is earned.........

But we have a younger group that is confusing fear with respect.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree. I think other people should generally be respected until they provide good reason not to be."
This is what I'm meaning MG.
Just because I respect you up front doesn't mean you're entitled to it.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
This is what I'm meaning MG.
Just because I respect you up front doesn't mean you're entitled to it.

As U.S. citizens we are all entitled to the respect of our rights by citizens and public servants, whether you like it or not.

So yes, in some sense, I am entitled to some form of respect by you just like 'ol Freddie
Old 04-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Red Snapper

Entitled of respect at first. You earned the right of respect by staying respectable. If I meet you on the street or where ever, I will show you respect until you do something that causes me to no longer respect you. That is what I mean by earning respect.