SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
If he's just pulling in to get straight to back in I don't see the big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the wrong answer on so many levels. Instead of the driver appologizing for the intrusion, like a real man should...he cops an attitude with the property owner for bringing it up. Yeah...no big deal there.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
That is the wrong answer on so many levels. Instead of the driver appologizing for the intrusion, like a real man should...he cops an attitude with the property owner for bringing it up. Yeah...no big deal there.

I must have misread my original statement. Because I don't see anywhere in there where I said it was okay for him to catch an attitude.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 864

So true!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
I must have misread my original statement. Because I don't see anywhere in there where I said it was okay for him to catch an attitude.

Cmon man, forget the play on words...you know what I'm talking about. The attitude was part of the whole encounter.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Cmon man, forget the play on words...you know what I'm talking about. The attitude was part of the whole encounter.

No you c'mon. If you'd pay attention to what I wrote you'd be able to see that I was talking about the situation as a whole and not about the one encounter. Because in no way is it okay for anyone to catch an attitude with a landowner in any situation. And until I understood the situation about there being customers cars parked in the area the other guy was using I didn't see what the big deal was.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
No you c'mon. If you'd pay attention to what I wrote you'd be able to see that I was talking about the situation as a whole and not about the one encounter. Because in no way is it okay for anyone to catch an attitude with a landowner in any situation. And until I understood the situation about there being customers cars parked in the area the other guy was using I didn't see what the big deal was.

Justifiably so A. Perhaps I should have been a little more thorough in my original post. He is posibly causing an issue with our business or one of our customers. My biggest thing was that a grown man couldn't handle another man just telling it like it was. If I wrong you then tell me. I don't need you to say please or thank you. Just shoot it to me straight. We live in a world of puzzies.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

Dude u didn't do anything wrong. You just said what the deal was. I don't know how else to say "hey I noticed that you have been using my drive way and it is an issue for me and I would appreciate it if you would not use my drive way". Well I guess you could have said "please stay the f u ck off my drive way" but that just might have been a little rough. If someone is doing something wrong its not always easy to point it out. He basically put you in a bad position making you have to bring it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Justifiably so A. Perhaps I should have been a little more thorough in my original post. He is posibly causing an issue with our business or one of our customers. My biggest thing was that a grown man couldn't handle another man just telling it like it was. If I wrong you then tell me. I don't need you to say please or thank you. Just shoot it to me straight. We live in a world of puzzies.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

We've had similar issues at our shop. Our yard is connected to the parking lot of one of my grandpas rental building, which just so happens to be a bar. We'll have people drive through our yard to get to the bar, drive through our yard DRUNK leaving the bar, and use our yard as overflow when the bar parking lot is full. We mentioned it to the owner of the bar and to my grandpa. Being its a business, it puts a lot at stake. They could mess up our equipment, customers equipment, or worse, hurt themselves on our property and sue for being drunk idiots. It's not the fact of being an a-hole. It's protecting what you worked for. It's a sue happy world and someone is always looking to get something for nothing........ And people are just pu$$ies. Everybody gets a trophy and God forbid you tell somebody something they don't like, regardless of if they were in the wrong to begin with. All you can do is bring it to their attention in a polite and professional manner and hope they aren't the "entitled" type.

Last edited by Matt G; 04-30-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

Man all you all are too politically correct! When someone is so polite, for example when their dog poops in my yard just off my patio, and I mention it to the neighbor, he said well, "it is because I have a small dog" same guy did back flips when my lab got away and unloaded in his yard. Not to mention we have a leash law which is non-existant in his mind.
Needless to say if you are polite idoits still dont get the point.
SO, a house was built across the street, and my drive was a common turn around, I let it go for some time, then after all the mud on my driveway (not from me) and ruts from non-backers, I let loose on some and my problem went away, but now I am not the 'neighborhood good guy'.
Good job for speaking up for what you believe in!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Dude, he's a cop!

http://youtu.be/pKMbYx_b5x0

Doing the job you can't do. Who made that famous quote a few days ago?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default Lol

Cheese burger

http://youtu.be/_MIQ8No2WZs
Old 05-01-2015, 06:38 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347
Hairout

Best part. He was an off duty cop........*****[/QUOTE]

well this is why he didnt just say, "sorry, i wont do it again"

i would have told him the same thing the first time and quite a bit more the second time. damage to your cement will be on you, not him.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Dude, he's a cop!

http://youtu.be/pKMbYx_b5x0

Doing the job you can't do. Who made that famous quote a few days ago?

yeah I laughed my ars off when I read that the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACEKEEPER View Post
. Because i stepped forward to do the job you could not do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
WOW................... easy there big fella
Old 05-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

A straight forward conversation would have been "I don't want you using my driveway."
Your statement, "Me. This is private property not a public turn around" could have come across as little sarcastic and rude. But I think he had thin skin.