SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned

Default started up

Well friday i started lifting weights. plan to do this 3-4 days a week, mostly upper body. I want to get out and jog a bit on the off days.

I'm drinking protein (powder mix from walmart) every day.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

I keep trying to start back up, just my body keeps fighting me.lol
Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

yeah my get er done bone is broke when it gets better ill hit the weights....lol
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Ling

I was doing pretty good until the holidays. going to bed late, getting up early going hunting and eating all that holiday food,just doesnt mesh with that workin out.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

Mid-life crisis since the birthday?
Old 02-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

That walmart protein is crap imo. get optimum nutrition 100% whey or i take their nitro core 24 which is a blend. You might also lookinto getting a pre workout suplement my favorite is called Jack 3d by USP labs, also BSN NO-xpolde which i dont like but some people love it, or Gaspari Super pump 250 which is my second favorite. Check out http://www.bodybuilding.com lots of good workout plans and info plus good prices on suplements
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

not saying you are doing this bruce but, that protein powder can collect in your kidneys if you take too much. There is a finite amount of protein your body can use in a day and any access can be detrimental to your kidneys. Just throwing that out there for anyone who is trying to beef up. I myself need to beef down.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I started lifting weights again last week too, I was sooooooooooooore this weekend lol
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Ling

whey fit is a really good protien powder,and tastes really good too. I order it from nutrition express.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I started lifting weights again last week too, I was sooooooooooooore this weekend lol
take some glutamine it will reduce soreness.... it is already in some supplements so if you are taking some check the label
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Nah, I never did the supplements thing and never got into the whole protein thing.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,801

I always liked NO2 when i worked out in college, I know they have more advanced oxides out there now but I had a real good experience with it. Seemed to get a lot more intense work out when I was on it with the pumps.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

the shot in the hip works the best
Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,559

I agree with "meaux fishing". Jack 3d is a must and maybe a prohormone like fenaflex or ddrol. And dont neglect your legs too much. Working out legs increases testosterone production and blood flow throughout your entire body enabling your upper body to grow quicker and bigger.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
I agree with "meaux fishing". Jack 3d is a must and maybe a prohormone like fenaflex or ddrol. And dont neglect your legs too much. Working out legs increases testosterone production and blood flow throughout your entire body enabling your upper body to grow quicker and bigger.
This little swoll bastard knows what he's doing apparently. He's a monster!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Hi all,

Sorry for the intrusion, but I saw Jack3d mentioned here. I run this Jack3d site and want to clear up a lot of misconceptions in this thread.

1. Jack3d is NOT a prohormone. This will not mess with your hormone levels except for the fact that heavy lifting increases testosterone -- but that's up to you.

Jack3d is simply a pre-workout "nitric oxide" stimulant product. It does four things: a. Increase energy (from the stimulants) b. Give explosive 'pumps' (from the AAKG). c. Increase endurance (thanks to the beta alanine), and d. Increase Focus (again, the stimulants)

More details at this Jack3d Ingredients page

2. Protein powder consumption does NOT affect the kidneys. This is an old wives tail, and has been proven incorrect in the labs. See this Protein studies page for more info on that.

Now, if you're trying to gain lean muscle mass, a preworkout supplement like Jack3d won't do a whole lot (the creatine definitely helps)... it's up to your diet. The preworkout just gives awesome motivation.

So go for 1g of protein per pound of body weight if you want to gain muscle, eat enough meat, fish, eggs, nuts, fruits, and colorful veggies, and cut out the processed carbs and unnatural fats (sorry boys, but corn oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil are NOT good for ya).

Hope that clears things up a bit. Thanks!

Edit: As a note, I am not a USPLabs employee or rep. Just an outside affiliate.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack3d View Post
Hi all,

Sorry for the intrusion, but I saw Jack3d mentioned here. I run this Jack3d site and want to clear up a lot of misconceptions in this thread.

1. Jack3d is NOT a prohormone. This will not mess with your hormone levels except for the fact that heavy lifting increases testosterone -- but that's up to you.

Jack3d is simply a pre-workout "nitric oxide" stimulant product. It does four things: a. Increase energy (from the stimulants) b. Give explosive 'pumps' (from the AAKG). c. Increase endurance (thanks to the beta alanine), and d. Increase Focus (again, the stimulants)

More details at this Jack3d Ingredients page

2. Protein powder consumption does NOT affect the kidneys. This is an old wives tail, and has been proven incorrect in the labs. See this Protein studies page for more info on that.

Now, if you're trying to gain lean muscle mass, a preworkout supplement like Jack3d won't do a whole lot (the creatine definitely helps)... it's up to your diet. The preworkout just gives awesome motivation.

So go for 1g of protein per pound of body weight if you want to gain muscle, eat enough meat, fish, eggs, nuts, fruits, and colorful veggies, and cut out the processed carbs and unnatural fats (sorry boys, but corn oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil are NOT good for ya).

Hope that clears things up a bit. Thanks!
dont think anybody said jack3d was a prohormone but he is right diet is critical... now it doesnt mean you have to eat tasteless crap just be more careful with what you eat
Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
I dont mess with any prohoromones but to each his own you will definitely see more gains faster with it im just worried about side effects plus i dont want to be huge just in shape
Old 02-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
dont think anybody said jack3d was a prohormone but he is right diet is critical... now it doesnt mean you have to eat tasteless crap just be more careful with what you eat
Oops... I got a bit excited there:

Quote:
Jack 3d is a must and maybe a prohormone like fenaflex or ddrol.
Yeah, you're right. My bad! Either way, the rest of the post stands.

Not into hormonal stuff myself. I HIGHLY recommend that if you're using prohormones, you do your homework (x5) and come off the cycle with some PCT (post-cycle therapy). Best resource is Jud's Prohormone Guide:
**Internal Linking (Threads)
... again, not my thing but be careful so you don't mess up your liver or T levels after you're done.

Thanks