SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else) > Events Forum

Events Forum Post your upcoming events here

Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: 843
Default company fishing tourney in leeville,la

we are having our annual Wilson Supply fishing tourney May 5 in leeville out of boudreaux's marina. Does anybody have any info on that area? Any info would be appriciated.inland waters only.(specs,reds,flounder)
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

man i love that place bodreaux's is nice. come out the motel room get in your boat .....reds just get in some of the marsh off the channel. specs we went in the second lake to the west i believe there was a huge reef that was full of boats that they brought us too. sorry i could show you on a map but im not that computer smart to put a google map on here. maybe someone else could give you the names on here. we also caught alot of specs on the other side of the bridge in the canals
Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

As adam said any cutt on the channel would probably be good for redfish. That area is not known for flounder.

In May you can run down to the beach by going in texaco cut to the west and then though litle lake into Lake Raccourci. Head south and there are a ton of well heads and rigs before you get to the beach. Be careful around Timb island, lots of rocks.

If you head East on Texaco cut (which is what I would do), you will end up behind grand isle. All of the reefs in that area should be good. Get a hooknline map, maybe go try hotel sig. Four bayous would also be worth trying as would bird island which is north west of grand isle.

To fish either of the above spots be prepared to make a long run. There are spots in and around the hotel you could fish if you do not have a big enough boat to make either run.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam075 View Post
we are having our annual wilson supply fishing tourney may 5 in leeville out of boudreaux's marina. Does anybody have any info on that area? Any info would be appriciated.inland waters only.(specs,reds,flounder)

my father-n-law used to work for wilson
Old 03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Redfish

Thanks for the info. Duckgogetter i have been here since 1997 . What is his name and which location did he work at? I work in broussard.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

His name is gary primeaux and it was in grand chenier i think
Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
As adam said any cutt on the channel would probably be good for redfish. That area is not known for flounder.

In May you can run down to the beach by going in texaco cut to the west and then though litle lake into Lake Raccourci. Head south and there are a ton of well heads and rigs before you get to the beach. Be careful around Timb island, lots of rocks.

If you head East on Texaco cut (which is what I would do), you will end up behind grand isle. All of the reefs in that area should be good. Get a hooknline map, maybe go try hotel sig. Four bayous would also be worth trying as would bird island which is north west of grand isle.

To fish either of the above spots be prepared to make a long run. There are spots in and around the hotel you could fish if you do not have a big enough boat to make either run.

this is where we went it was a well head in the middle of the lake with a huge reef on it.....we smoked the trout. you had to real as fast as you could or you would get a half a trout back. sharks was bad when we went
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgogetter View Post
his name is gary primeaux and it was in grand chenier i think
it must have been at our cameron branch.that branch does not exsist anymore thanks to hurricane rita. We work that area out of our broussard shop. His name does not sound familar to me. It might have been when i first started long ago.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

If you want trout head south in bay Raccourci and fish Castete island. I also do well fishing the run outs and ponds on the north end of Little Lake. Call Bob Gourges the host of between the banks he can give you some places to hit. He is usually staying at Boudreaux's so you might see him. 504 458-9451
Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

You can also watch some of his shows online. He gives GPS numbers and map locations.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Redfish

WE FOLLOWED BOB OUT TO Bay Raccourci LAST YEAR AND FISHED A PLATFORM ON THE NORTH END. WE ENDED THE DAY WITH 48 POUNDS OF TROUT. WE TOOK 2ND PLACE IN THE TOURNEY SO THAT WAS COOL. I DONT KNOW WHERE BOB WENT HE PASSED UP THE PLATFORM AND KEPT GOING. WE DECIDED TO FISH THE PLATFORM BECAUSE IT REMINDED ME OF DRY REEF IN VERMILLION BAY. MY STOMPING GROUNDS. WE WILL PROBALLY HIT THERE FIRST THEN VENTURE SOUTH AROUND THE LITTLE ISLANDS.