SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Default Safer choices than alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Be nice if there was a safer choice for enjoyable recreation.

Spiral Out
I'm not going to disrupt duckman's thread to answer this off topic foolishness, but it needs answering, so I've made a new thread.

There are a lot of recreational choices that are safer than alcohol:

1. Monogamous married sex. Unlike many other choices, this one is sort of self-moderating, and with some of the new prescriptions it can be enjoyed more regularly even for the older ages. Risks are very low. Satisfaction can be very high. I wouldn't trade all the booze, weed, or coke on earth for this one.

2. May I suggest some athletic pursuits: biking, tennis, golf, bowling, ultimate frisbee. Some have moderate injury risks, but the long term fitness benefits more than compensate.

3. The shooting sports are among the safest recreational pursuits that exist. My family likes rifle and pistol, but shotgun is very popular in Louisiana. We have a small air rifle and air pistol range in our home that everyone enjoys.

4. There are tons of more academic recreations. Chess is a favorite of many. My family likes Scrabble and various trivia games.

5. Video games aren't my cup of tea, but they are very popular, and definitely safer than most chemical enhancements.

6. Hunting is a tremendous good time. Better stay THC free, as the legal limit for THC and firearms possession is ZERO. Climbing tree stands are the biggest safety risk in hunting.

7. Get high on fishing, not drugs. For me, there's nothing like the adrenaline dump of a huge redfish pulling drag. I'm still looking forward to my first ling and catching some bigger sharks. For others there is nothing like a speck or bass busting a top water lure.

8. There is great joy and recreation in Louisiana cuisine with little or no risk in proper moderation.

The suggestion that Louisiana's recreational options are so limited that it drives people to drink is absurd. I'd gladly trade all the weed in Colorado and Washington for the Sportsman's Paradise and culinary paradise of Louisiana. Just driving around the state is a huge thrill. I love the swamps. I love the marsh. I love the beach, the lakes, and the gulf. I love the smell of spring, the smell of fall, and the smell of mud. I love the taste of gumbo.

I'm sure Colorado or Washington would welcome those who are so attached to marijuana that they would trade all this paradise for regular hits from their favorite drug. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,810

Why trade the weed for the Sportsman Paradise when you can have both......
Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Old 04-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I didn't even read that. This debates over.

Spiral Out
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
You can't have both. Give it a decade to play out, and we'll watch legalized marijuana destroy the educational systems and tech based industries of Colorado and Washington. Once the impact on the education systems and workforce becomes clear, tech companies are going to avoid Colorado and Washington like the plague.

It's a fantasy that economic productivity can be maintained with an ever increasing number of potheads.

Louisiana's current petrochemical based economy, along with anticipated growth in technology fields depends on the availability of a well educated, drug-free work force.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
You can't have both. Give it a decade to play out, and we'll watch legalized marijuana destroy the educational systems and tech based industries of Colorado and Washington. Once the impact on the education systems and workforce becomes clear, tech companies are going to avoid Colorado and Washington like the plague.

It's a fantasy that economic productivity can be maintained with an ever increasing number of potheads.

Louisiana's current petrochemical based economy, along with anticipated growth in technology fields depends on the availability of a well educated, drug-free work force.
You obviously never been around the oilfield much. Full of pill heads and drunks yet work keeps flowing. Rules and Laws do not keep people from doing what they want.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Ling

Rush Limbaugh
Did huge does of herion every day and did his job of scaring old white people just fine.

Spiral Out
Old 04-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Ling

I now find it hilarious how much this dude hates weed.

Spiral Out
Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Great White

Just don't grow up to be like this dude...the dro made him do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10174923_680186112041703_1858069273_n.jpg (23.1 KB, 394 views)
Old 04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Ling

I guarantee he started with weed

Spiral Out
Old 04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
I'm not going to disrupt duckman's thread to answer this off topic foolishness, but it needs answering, so I've made a new thread.

1. some of the new prescriptions
Amen, Pump the prescriptions and pop the pills.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 1,005
Cheers

Y'all are way too much rotflmao
Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Amen, Pump the prescriptions and pop the pills.
Uhh, this edit which completely changed my intended meaning. I was originally referring to availability of ED meds which allow folks to enjoy marital bliss more often later into their golden years. This is no more pumping dangerous and addictive prescriptions than recommending vitamins for general health or ibuprofen to get one back out on the tennis court with sore joints.

I think the logical fallacy is known as strawman, but it's just plain lying in the vernacular.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Uhh, this edit which completely changed my intended meaning. I was originally referring to availability of ED meds which allow folks to enjoy marital bliss more often later into their golden years. This is no more pumping dangerous and addictive prescriptions than recommending vitamins for general health or ibuprofen to get one back out on the tennis court with sore joints.

I think the logical fallacy is known as strawman, but it's just plain lying in the vernacular.
Ecstasy would do the trick too, then maybe some LT's to kill the next day's pain from all the unbridled sex.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

Quote:

1. Monogamous married sex. Unlike many other choices, this one is sort of self-moderating, and with some of the new prescriptions it can be enjoyed more regularly even for the older ages. Risks are very low. Satisfaction can be very high. I wouldn't trade all the booze, weed, or coke on earth for this one.

2. May I suggest some athletic pursuits: biking, tennis, golf, bowling, ultimate frisbee. Some have moderate injury risks, but the long term fitness benefits more than compensate.

3. The shooting sports are among the safest recreational pursuits that exist. My family likes rifle and pistol, but shotgun is very popular in Louisiana. We have a small air rifle and air pistol range in our home that everyone enjoys.

4. There are tons of more academic recreations. Chess is a favorite of many. My family likes Scrabble and various trivia games.

5. Video games aren't my cup of tea, but they are very popular, and definitely safer than most chemical enhancements.

6. Hunting is a tremendous good time. Better stay THC free, as the legal limit for THC and firearms possession is ZERO. Climbing tree stands are the biggest safety risk in hunting.

7. Get high on fishing, not drugs. For me, there's nothing like the adrenaline dump of a huge redfish pulling drag. I'm still looking forward to my first ling and catching some bigger sharks. For others there is nothing like a speck or bass busting a top water lure.

8. There is great joy and recreation in Louisiana cuisine with little or no risk in proper moderation.

The suggestion that Louisiana's recreational options are so limited that it drives people to drink is absurd. I'd gladly trade all the weed in Colorado and Washington for the Sportsman's Paradise and culinary paradise of Louisiana. Just driving around the state is a huge thrill. I love the swamps. I love the marsh. I love the beach, the lakes, and the gulf. I love the smell of spring, the smell of fall, and the smell of mud. I love the taste of gumbo.

I'm sure Colorado or Washington would welcome those who are so attached to marijuana that they would trade all this paradise for regular hits from their favorite drug. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
This dude here!!!! Lol! I know waaaay to many successful ppl that make over 100k/yr that use marijuana regularly to believe your THEORY. If you only knew how the world outside your realm really worked you may just chiiiiiiiiill with that madness! But I guess it's something to read... The first few sentences anyway... Lol... Continue on.

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Ecstasy would do the trick too, then maybe some LT's to kill the next day's pain from all the unbridled sex.
Great idea!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Swordfish

Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Phahaaaaaahhhaaha!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Ling

He's got this view of pot head and he just won't let it go so he clings to reefer madness to make him feel better about stereotyping a big chunk of the populous.

Spiral Out
Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:

A whole bunch of eurozone countries would quite strongly disagree with you here. But... i applaud you for not having this discussion in Duck's thread. And you are certainly allowed to have your opinion and viewpoint.