SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Kayak and Canoe Forum

Kayak and Canoe Forum Discuss non-motorized watersport activities here, including kayaking, canoeing, etc.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174
Default SC tourney - Kayak guys

Only one of you have paid. Several asked this to be added to our event. Let's GEAUX boys get on board. Tourney is this weekend, weather looks great.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Lol I just posted in the other section right as you posted this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 528

If anyone is thinking about doing it, it really is a great, laid back, fun event, so get signed up!

As far as participation goes...I think it just isn't being advertised in the right places for kayaks and it isn’t that easy to find info on this event (I’m still trying to find the rules / categories / tourney format). I haven't really seen it advertised anywhere other than on Salty Cajun (but I wasn't actively looking for it elsewhere). Seems like you have to know about it to find out about it…I just remembered it was about this time of year so luckily I logged in and found it. Can you confirm if it is the same format as last year for Kayaks (I think it was 2 slot reds)?

I'm the tournament director for the Lafayette Kayak Fishing Club (LKFC), and we always have people waiting until the last minute to sign-up for our events (mostly to wait for weather forecasts), so you may get a few last minute kayak entrants. The number of entrants always blows up the last couple of days for us (people talking to friends about plans for the weekend). Trust me, I know how frustrating it is to try and plan an event and not really have a good idea on how many entrants you have until last minute.

I won the kayak division last year and need to go defend my title! haha...I don't even know if I can fish yet this weekend, but I'll try to recruit more kayaks regardless. I’ve got 2 coworkers that are definitely going fish Big Lake Saturday, so I’ll let them know about it and I’m sure they will sign up for the kayak division. If I can make it on the water, I’ll sign up but won’t know for sure until Thursday.

In the meantime, I'll post it on our LKFC forum too to see if we can get kayak participation up for you guys.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Sand Trout

Just found the Rules in the General Discussion Forum...If anyone else is looking for them. I'll post them up on LKFC.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Have anymore kayakers signed up? I may fish if there are more than 2 of us
Old 07-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Sand Trout

I just signed up and i have 2 coworkers that are signing up later today, so there will be at least 5 in the yak division. Hopefully more sign-up last minute and we at least reach double digits!