SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Bow vs Crossbow??

What do you guys think about the new law allowing anyone to use a crossbow now? This should get good!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REVOLUTION-CROSSBOW-KIT-18022-6430__300.jpg (22.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 2082287084_c93ba250f8.jpg (44.6 KB, 94 views)
Old 05-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

I think it's great, to be honest.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 600
Default Compound

[SIZE=3]IMAO I personally prefer a Compound to a crossbow. The only thing I have against crossbows is that i think we will see more hunters in the woods during the early season. I have enjoyed getting out in early september and beating the crowds that come when gun season opens. What kinda bows do yall shoot? Matthews for me all the way!!!!!! [/SIZE]
Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Yall can have the cross bows, Alot of people think a cross bow is faster & more accurate. WRONG! A compound is more accurate, faster & more kinetic energy its been proven, I personally think if a person is capable of shooting a compound thats what he or she should use. I'll stick with my Mathews, Bowtech for backup, My oldest son shoots Diamond & youngest son shoots a Bowtech. LOVE TO SLING 'EM!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

The age of the average hunter is getting older every year. We are losing our children to video games and a political correctness. If cross bows get more folks into hunting and enjoying the outdoors and then passing on their love of the outdoors to their own families and friends I say all the better. It's much better to have a few more hunters in the woods than to not be able to hunt at all.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
The age of the average hunter is getting older every year. We are losing our children to video games and a political correctness. If cross bows get more folks into hunting and enjoying the outdoors and then passing on their love of the outdoors to their own families and friends I say all the better. It's much better to have a few more hunters in the woods than to not be able to hunt at all.

yup, thats true

but i read that you have to be 17+ to use crossbows???
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

My opinion is that crossbows ought to be for those of us with physical disablitys. My back is fused and my doctor told me that it would be best for me not to use a compound bow so for five plus years I have been shooting a crossbow. I would much rather be shooting a compound as they are lighter and quiter to shoot. In my opinion the whole reason the state of La decided to allow crossbows was for revenue purposes.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 602

I used to get worked up about the x-bows hunting in the bowseason, but after a year now, I did not see any additional hunters. The reality is that the x-bow is not superior to a compound, and may be inferior, and few are going to pony up $500-1000 to buy an inferior weapon just to hunt a few weeks earlier. Plus the early bowseason sucks, since it is so hot and the mosquitos are out, that few want to bowhunt then anyway.

The LDWF added this to sell more licenses, but I doubt it has worked out for them.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Mung,

Good to have to have you onboard!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Flounder

Cash: 650

Don't have a problem with folks that want to use a crossbow for hunting, but I'll stick with my Matthews also. I gave my dad a crossbow when he became of "crossbow age" here in Mississippi. I took the thing out and sighted it in for him. Very loud compared to my vertical bow. The crossbow bolt drops rapidly past 30 yards. I do like the advantage the scope gives you in low light. My vertical bow has served me well for a lot of years, don't guess I'll be giving her up for some sexy crossbow!