SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507
Default Navarre Beach in Oct?

I am Heading to Navarre Beach for a week in Oct and looking for some advice on places and species to fish? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2016, 08:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

The guys over there get on a lot of bull reds that time of year, but nothing like GI or SWLA.

Pensacola Fishing Forum and the pier forum have lots of info.

Usually it helps to tell folks if you are bringing a boat or focusing on land/bridge/pier fishing.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 417

http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/navarrebeachpier/

I ran into a couple of guys that were pulling king macks of of the pier around this time last year.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Start growing out a sweet mullet, get some cut off blue jean shorts, giant surf fishing rod, some cheap beer and be one with the locals. Sling Sardine minnows for the ever elusive highly coveted King Mackeral.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 689

Lived in Pensacola for 2 years. On the island side of the fishing bridge, rip rap was placed about 20 or 30 yards off the point following it around. Wade or swim to it, stand on rip rap and cast. Current has eroded a trough in front of rip rap. Lots of reds.

At end of black top road on Perdido Key, follow bay side until it opens into a shallow lagoon. Fish on the way along the beach. Fish sometimes scattered, sometimes piled up in shallow lagoon. Good for reds and specs. 2 very good fishing spots.

Redmann
Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The guys over there get on a lot of bull reds that time of year, but nothing like GI or SWLA.

Pensacola Fishing Forum and the pier forum have lots of info.

Usually it helps to tell folks if you are bringing a boat or focusing on land/bridge/pier fishing.
Good point math geek... I rarely go anywhere without my boat. all ready checking out the forums thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent D View Post
http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/navarrebeachpier/

I ran into a couple of guys that were pulling king macks of of the pier around this time last year.
That is what I am hoping for... my goal is to target the kings along the beach. If weather is bad, I will stay in the bay and hit the reds and specs. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Start growing out a sweet mullet, get some cut off blue jean shorts, giant surf fishing rod, some cheap beer and be one with the locals. Sling Sardine minnows for the ever elusive highly coveted King Mackeral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmann View Post
Lived in Pensacola for 2 years. On the island side of the fishing bridge, rip rap was placed about 20 or 30 yards off the point following it around. Wade or swim to it, stand on rip rap and cast. Current has eroded a trough in front of rip rap. Lots of reds.

At end of black top road on Perdido Key, follow bay side until it opens into a shallow lagoon. Fish on the way along the beach. Fish sometimes scattered, sometimes piled up in shallow lagoon. Good for reds and specs. 2 very good fishing spots.

Redmann
Redmann... is this your nick name? It is also my nickname which also has a crazy story that goes along with it.

Growing the mullet would be an issue as I do not think it is within the Marine Corps grooming standard even as a teenager I never had my hair grow out more than a 1/2".

Those rip raps.... are they easily identified? I would hate to run over them in my boat.

I plan to do some extensive homework by pulling maps and looking at as much inane as I can find on the location.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the advice. Are these areas easily access able via boat?
Old 07-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 689

Areas are accessible by boat. You can not see rip rap. I used to wade out to it and stand on top. Not my nickname. I just love catching redfish.

Redmann
Old 07-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Tripletail

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk