SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:22 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Default Churches must die to themselves

Churches must die to themselves by repenting of an overemphasis on money and pet interests and returning to a focus on the "whole counsel of God" and teaching disciples "to obey everything" that Christ commanded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcx6jy3hCU
Old 05-17-2020, 07:07 AM
Flounder

Cash: 599

Very well said Geek. I completely agree with your message. It seems as though you’ve been been to many many churches and may still be searching to find the true one. Have you tried the Roman Catholic Church ? The Catholic Church covers all the areas you mentioned, covers ALL the books of the Bible over a 3 year liturgy cycle, and profoundly teaches and carries on the example set by Jesus in John’s Gospel 6:51-59
Old 05-28-2020, 11:28 AM
Flounder

Cash: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterbite View Post
Very well said Geek. I completely agree with your message. It seems as though you?ve been been to many many churches and may still be searching to find the true one. Have you tried the Roman Catholic Church ? The Catholic Church covers all the areas you mentioned, covers ALL the books of the Bible over a 3 year liturgy cycle, and profoundly teaches and carries on the example set by Jesus in John?s Gospel 6:51-59
You must be kidding. The catholic church is the most AntiChrist they have. Better reread your bible
Old 05-29-2020, 07:11 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDSD View Post
You must be kidding. The catholic church is the most AntiChrist they have. Better reread your bible
When I read the Catholic Catechism, I find myself in agreement with about 90% of it. On the other hand, when I hang out with members of the Catholic church, I've often found myself and my family targets of persecution for some combination of refusing to participate in things that violate my conscience as occult or idolatrous practices, preaching repentance from sexual immorality, preaching salvation by grace through faith, and encouraging folks to read their Bibles.

But in my experience, there are plenty of antichrist people in leadership of non-Catholic churches also.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDSD View Post

There's also that whole rampant sexual abuse by thousands of priests that the church tried to cover up for decades while also turning a blind eye by moving those same predators to different churches.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Flounder

GDSD I read the Bible daily and participate in the Liturgy Of the Word at daily and Sunday Mass. My question to you is what religious faith was responsible for writing the Bible?
Old 05-30-2020, 08:44 AM
Flounder

Geek It’s encouraging to hear you agree with 90% of what you’ve read in the Catechism. I’ve studied and discussed it with theologians for many years and have grown to agree with 100 % of it. As with myself perhaps discussion and healthy debate with a priest or theologian will help you understand the mere 10% you presently disagree with. It’s somewhat unusual today to find anyone in agreement with even 90 % of what a particular faith believes in. I am curious in what ways you and your family are targets of persecution from Catholics ?
Old 05-30-2020, 08:58 AM
Flounder

Finfish ALL true Catholics will agree that the years of sexual abuse by priests and the cover up of such was DESPICABLE !!! However please realize those were sins committed by people and sexual abuse is not a teaching of the Catholic Church. We are all sinners at some time and in some form. Just as Jesus Christ did the Catholic Church teaches repentance and reconciliation of sin from the sinner as well as forgiveness from those trespassed upon for achieving salvation.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:50 AM
Flounder

Quote:
GDSD I read the Bible daily and participate in the Liturgy Of the Word at daily and Sunday Mass. My question to you is what religious faith was responsible for writing the Bible?
Sir, I will not continue to even try and explain things to you since you say you read the Bible daily and you still think that the catholic church is responsible for writing the Bible. This isn't the place or time for that.
But remember you will be judged on yours works and not your beliefs. Hope you get it right before your time comes.
No more from me.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:08 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Geek It?s encouraging to hear you agree with 90% of what you?ve read in the Catechism. I?ve studied and discussed it with theologians for many years and have grown to agree with 100 % of it. As with myself perhaps discussion and healthy debate with a priest or theologian will help you understand the mere 10% you presently disagree with. It?s somewhat unusual today to find anyone in agreement with even 90 % of what a particular faith believes in. I am curious in what ways you and your family are targets of persecution from Catholics ?
Several years ago, my wife and I were teaching at a Christian school, and our children were also attending. Some Catholic teachers caused a stir, getting us fired and our children kicked out of the school, because we raised a question of conscience and asked that our children be excused from singing a song in the Christmas program (Queen of heaven, blessed may thou be) and also would not allow one of our children to attend a "Festival of Saturnalia" that a Catholic teacher had planned in place of the usual class Christmas party.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:43 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Several years ago, my wife and I were teaching at a Christian school, and our children were also attending. Some Catholic teachers caused a stir, getting us fired and our children kicked out of the school, because we raised a question of conscience and asked that our children be excused from singing a song in the Christmas program (Queen of heaven, blessed may thou be) and also would not allow one of our children to attend a "Festival of Saturnalia" that a Catholic teacher had planned in place of the usual class Christmas party.
There you go. The catholic organization has tried to turned everything in the way of thinking and when someone asks questions they want to kick them out. Well they didn't have to kick me out, I started seeing things the right way a few years back and got baptized (yes full immersion, like the Bible teaches, and not just a few drops of water on the forehead) and starting living in Jesus's style of living.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Flounder

Geek sorry to hear hat story. You mentioned it was a Christian school. Was this school actually sanctioned by a Catholic Diocese? You previously mentioned you read The Catechism and agree with 90% of it. Considering what you know about the Catholic Faith you must understand that the actions described of those so called Catholics are in no shape or form in line with the teaching of the Catholic Faith. Just like in any other Faith or organization there are isolated instances where PEOPLE who by their God given Free Will choose to deviate from teaching of their religious faith or organizational guidelines. BTW the festival of saturnalia is a pagan festival and not one recognized by the Catholic Church.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Flounder

GDSD I’m glad to hear to you’re living like Jesus. That’s a sure path to heaven and getting to meet the King himself as well as the woman described in Revelations written by John wearing the crown of 12 stars on her head which Catholics know is Mary Mother of Jesus and Queen of Heaven.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:35 PM
Flounder

Quote:
GDSD I?m glad to hear to you?re living like Jesus. That?s a sure path to heaven and getting to meet the King himself as well as the woman described in Revelations written by John wearing the crown of 12 stars on her head which Catholics know is Mary Mother of Jesus and Queen of Heaven.
Might want to watch how you throw the word heaven around.
Matthew 5:5 says that Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Also John 3:13 And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Just saying that maybe when the time comes, there will be no more heaven. Jesus will come down with the new Jerusalem and the good will be called up to the clouds with him and the bad will be thrown in the lake of fire.