SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Default Duck Leases

Me and a few friends are looking to get into a duck lease not trying to pay more than 1500 a person if thats possible. I've always hunted public land so I don't really know what they go for. Location is not too big of an issue as long as there are birds and its in Louisiana.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Good luck finding a half decent lease these days. Bascially all of the good duck leases are taken. If you see one open it is for a certain reason----it is not worth it. I probably rather duck hunt than fish for specs. I share a rice field lease with one of my uncles in Kaplan. It is decent at times during duck season and it is great for teal season. For you to really kill ducks day in and day out you need a spot in the marsh. Where I rice field hunt after the first week of the season you really have to hunt the fronts to kill birds. What saves rice field hunting is the geese. Also, I have a college buddy of mine that has a lease in Pecan Island which I am able to make 8-10 hunts with him per year. If possible this is the place to hunt but the waiting list is 100 names long. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 603

If your really looking into a duck lease you need to head to Northeast louisiana. That area has been better duck hunting than any sothern lease for about ten years now. Got to hunt a few years back just south east of Monroe on a small farm. rice fields and flooded timber areas....All blinds produced more duck in 30 minutes than I have seen in years south of I-10. Its proven that migration patterns cycle much like our climate. And its just gonna be a long while before south louisiana gets good again. could be 50 years or more. And with increased DU and DWF funds being dumped into the mid-west states to help develop wintering locations for ducks it may never be worth the money ever again to pay for those big blinds south of I-10
Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

You must of never hunted in Pecan Island. Not all of the leases are good but most on the south side of the main highway in PI produce. Now maybe rice field in North LA compared to South LA are better. That would not suprise me.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

seems like some areas around forked island and white lake are pretty good hunting the past couple years....

i know the hunting in cameron parish isn't what it used to be...that's why i started deer hunting more.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Buxton View Post
If your really looking into a duck lease you need to head to Northeast louisiana. That area has been better duck hunting than any sothern lease for about ten years now. Got to hunt a few years back just south east of Monroe on a small farm. rice fields and flooded timber areas....All blinds produced more duck in 30 minutes than I have seen in years south of I-10. Its proven that migration patterns cycle much like our climate. And its just gonna be a long while before south louisiana gets good again. could be 50 years or more. And with increased DU and DWF funds being dumped into the mid-west states to help develop wintering locations for ducks it may never be worth the money ever again to pay for those big blinds south of I-10
Can you please "QUALIFY" your claim??? How many areas south of I-10 have you hunted? Where did you get your And its just gonna be a long while before south louisiana gets good again. could be 50 years or more. And with increased . Don't believe all your hear Bud, have been hunting Pecan Island since 2005 and not had a year under 1,200 birds killed. And No, they were not blackjacks or spoons, Mallards, Greys, Pins, and Teal.
You gotta pay to play in this world!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

AND THATS WHY I HUNT PUBLIC for big ducks.

1 its not worth the money and work you put into on a duck lease anymore unless your on a good lease, When you can go into lacassine and limit out easily. All it takes is a lil work and to get a lil muddy, which if you cant stand to get a lil muddy or put out a effort to work,then you shouldn't be hunting.

2 if your looking for goose hunting the go ahead and get a lease..idk hardly any public places to get on some geese.

3 i just happened to luck out and have a deer lease with ponds on it, so teal and woodies will meet their deaths there...

4. Example that hunting in south la hasn't been like it was a few years back- my buddy has a lease right off the intercoastal and almost bordering lacassine,they had a POOR season, they haven't shot a greeny in 3 years now.

lacassine pipe-line is no secret...they slayed em
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Flounder

Cash: 608
Default Lease

If I were you, I wouldn't touch a ricefield lease. I have some buddies that hunt in Kaplan and average one or two birds a hunt. I hunt in Pecan Island on the North and South side of the highway, and while we don't always limit out, most of the time every shooter gets his six birds. Now good luck trying to get in a lease around there, waiting list is a mile long and most Verm. Corp leases are pretty pricey.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I agreee with rice field leases....i have had some high dollar ones over the years in the Kaplan Gueydan areas. up to 10,000 a lease. Let them all go about 4 years ago. Just not worth the hunt anymore not producing at al. Our family owns a lot of marsh land in SWLA around the Vinton area and south. For years as a kid growning up you could pick and choose every duck you shot. Now you can hunt for two days and not see a limit of birds flying around. Its really sad situation. Got to hunt in Southeast Arkansas just north of the Louisiana line about 5 miles. It reminded me of being a kid all over again. Tons of birds every hunt...limits and limits of geese. Got to also hunt some flooded timber in the area and I got tired of seeing greenheads by the end of the week. Its just crazy how all those birds dont make there way down this far anymore. I have heard it all from DU short stopping to it dont get cold enough quick enought to push them down but simple fact is those places up north are putting in the time and MONEY to make it happen in there areas.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

People up north finally realized the $$$ that could be made in duck hunting. They've planned for it now. Not as cold, so they don't come as far down. BUT, hunting is still very good down here. Just gotta find a good spot.

I hunt rice fields mostly now......geese make up for lack of ducks, but still some very good duck days
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

cmdrost....."very good" is a stretch...Id say its above average in places at best. But its no where near what it was years back over the entire area of south la. and it may never in our lifetime.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 610
Default Duck hunting lease in Hopedale, LA

Duck land for lease in Hope Dale, 10mins from old Pips Place boat launch. Approximately 150 square acres near the Twin Pipeline Canal north of Hopedale Lagoon. Tons of ponds that can be accessed by outboard, mud boat or air boat. $1200 per person for the entire season. Each leasee can bring one youth guest per hunt, more guests if approved by me. Ducks, Gators, Deer and Pigs... trapping land. Of course all necessary hunting or trapping licenses required. Contact 504-535-9504 for details.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

South la still kills more ducks every year!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341716080.930157.jpg
Old 07-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,801

Im fairly positive he asked if anyone knew of any leases svailable in La. He did not ask for a lesson in duck migration nor 101 reasons to hunt other states. I'll keep my ears open. Fyi meaux, when i proposed to my wife, I toldher she was wearing my bad a$$ duck lease on her ring finger!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

I will have two blinds available for this season in 2 weeks.. We are in Vidalia, La right by the Miss River... We have flooded corn, milo, millet, beans, and Duck Dreams fields.. We also have flooded timber... Timber and all fields have water wells to raise and lower water levels throughout season for big ducks... Camp house sleeps 22 people.. All pit blinds are heated, have dog boxes and completely dried all year..
Membership is 8500 per year which includes you and 3 guest anytime for duck hunting.. We also have bird cleaners and fantastic cooks for breakfast and dinner.. We kill mostly greys and mallards in the timber with woodies.. Fields produce some mallards but mostly widgeon, pins, spoonies, teal and geese.. We killed right over 1400 sucks last season and a little over 1650 the year before...
If you are interested PM me with your name and number and I will give you a shout..
This is a farm that specializes in ducks and killing ducks.. We have a good time but also are very respectful family duck club and always have kids around the camp...
Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Flounder

Cash: 641

Some of the best hunts I've had have been in Sabine/lacassine. Gotta put a bit more work into it but hey no pain no gain
Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Flounder

Cash: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Example that hunting in south la hasn't been like it was a few years back- my buddy has a lease right off the intercoastal and almost bordering lacassine,they had a POOR season, they haven't shot a greeny in 3 years now.
HAHAHA Nate???
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

You guys do realize this thread was started over 3 yrs ago, right?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
You guys do realize this thread was started over 3 yrs ago, right?
I didn't but thanks for the heads up.