SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 10-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 10-22-17 Before, During, and after front.

Got to the river late so of course the storm was closer. Finally around & am I took off for hole I left em biting day before. It's already raining. Catch 2 before weather sends me running for safety and just as I'm getting out of the boat the wind hits. It was over 50 I know that cause I could barely stand up on that narrow walk way. After it past I head back out. Water came up at least a foot and current is so strong I can't fish main river where I been catching the good ones. And it's cold now ands still raining so doubting they will even bite. I head back in watermelon bay and quickly catch 12 little ones. Enough of that I want Better fish. Head back to a treetop by loggerheads and catch two nice ones on first two drops. Then nothing. Current so strong here now can't fish. Decide to go to old town bay but on way back up there I notice the spot I been fishing last couple days and left earlier that the water is not moving as fast as it was. First 6 drops 6 nice ones. Then hung up and re ty sevral times and catch some more then hung up. This spot has no branches out of the water so have to tie up to bank and kinda sling line out so get hung up a lot. I get to figure a way to anchor where I can fish it straight down then straight back up. Anyway picked up 15 really good ones here and a bass making a total of 25 in live well. Didn't think I'd catch any after front but again ran out of shiners and left em biting. Last couple fish came off dead shiners so there are a lot of hungry fish down there to still be caught, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1381.jpg (64.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 10-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160

What length/action rods do you prefer for this kind of fishing?
Great report. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Man, I hope to make it out Friday. I'll be lost as a goose but will have fun trying them. Where you getting your shiners?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

jean Laffite for shiners. I like at least a 7 foot medium heavy to pull them up quick before they get wrappecd in tree tops. I have a 10 foot crappie rod I never used but this one spoti been fishing I cant fish straight down and straight back up. I know it will be too hard to try and anchor on it so I'm gonna see if this rod helps with this particular spot. SOON! lol
Old 10-23-2017, 06:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
jean Laffite for shiners. I like at least a 7 foot medium heavy to pull them up quick before they get wrappecd in tree tops. I have a 10 foot crappie rod I never used but this one spoti been fishing I cant fish straight down and straight back up. I know it will be too hard to try and anchor on it so I'm gonna see if this rod helps with this particular spot. SOON! lol
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

My favorite fish to eat,nice catch!
Old 11-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Flounder

Cash: 729

killin em man. Great job