SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075
Default Friday trip

6:30 the alarm cloak rang, made it to the lease around 7:15 just in time to see a huge body of geese moving north to south over the blind, started pumping and cutting then at about 9 the birds really showed up in the area, 90% specks and a few ducks, ended up seeing close to 300 birds (specks) throughout the morning dressing my personal blind and the blind I'm guiding out of. the blind I'm guiding from had more ducks then my personal blind, i hope the birds continue to move in.
bringing some youths for saturday and if i can find one or two to bring sunday i will do that as well. going just for specks no ducks. i hope this weather brings down some rain to muddy up the fields.
that was all in Klondike, La.
Majority of the birds moving through the area were going north to south riding the cold front. i can't wait till saturday, nothing more rewarding then seeings some kids shooting there first speck, i will post a report (hopefully with pictures with straps of birds) after the hunt.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Redfish

Cash: 461

from what I was reading correct me if I am wrong. for youth u are only allowed to shoot ducks and coots for youth weekend?
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Trophy Trout

i believe you can harvest any water fowl durning youth, past few years I've brought multiple kids out to shoot specks and ducks during youth, usually we target ducks and kill specks but this year we will be kill just specks(hopefully) I've never been told any different, if I'm right or wrong i would like to know, so if you hear anything please let me know, i dont want a ticket lol
Old 11-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-addict View Post
i believe you can harvest any water fowl durning youth, past few years I've brought multiple kids out to shoot specks and ducks during youth, usually we target ducks and kill specks but this year we will be kill just specks(hopefully) I've never been told any different, if I'm right or wrong i would like to know, so if you hear anything please let me know, i dont want a ticket lol
I've killed specks when I was a youth. Pretty sure you can kill whatever u want if your a youth. Just has to be by law abiding standard bag limits

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
I've killed specks when I was a youth. Pretty sure you can kill whatever u want if your a youth. Just has to be by law abiding standard bag limits

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Yep it's legal. Found out today.